• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do "brands" really make that much of a difference? Unusual experience (oxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiCy

Greenlighter
So I typically get my 10mg oxycodone (no apap) filled and the maker is Zydus. I have a high tolerance, and usually take around 100mg or so.

This refill the brand is kvk-tech? (K56 imprint)

So I take 9, oral. An hour later....fuck me. Nod city, with a little more nausea, not a ton of euphoria.

So is there that big of a difference? Also, if I'm an hour after eating these, am I relatively safe from an OD standpoint timewise? I do have a pretty high tolerance. I've just never felt this from 90mg before. Not extremely pleasant. I took like 6mg Kratom at around 3, which I've also done a million times, so I don't think that's playing a huge role

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks everybody!

Hi there and a belated welcome to our little den of iniquity. We're happy to have you!

That being said, I don't get what your actual question is. Could you be more specific please? Are you asking if different generics are of differing potencies, the answer is yes, but the complete answer is that these differences are miniscule. The FDA allows a certain amount of variance, but it should never be clinically significant.

To piggyback off what keif said, yeah there is variance in generics, something like 10% in either direction, meaning a genetic can have up to 10% less or 10% more of the active ingredient compared with the brand name. The FDA maintains that this should go unnoticed by patients, however, in some cases it doesn't. For instance, I should be getting 350mg of a particular med, but if one manufacture is 10% above (385mg) and the next is 10% below (315mg), that's a 70mg difference. You bet the discrepancy is noticeable.

I find that taking Kratom near or on same day as oxy it takes more oxy to feel something. I'm at 100 mg a day as well at once. I'm also on day 3 clean from it after 7 months daily. I'll probably cave . I also notice a slight difference in either way from different brands, but not a lot.

I cannot think of one case of well manufactured drugs having a 10% difference. So in short, no the brand should not make a difference and we do not allow this type of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.