• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do blunts vaporize weed?

Lackasham

Bluelighter
So I was thinking of how vaporizers work, typically blowing or drawing hot air through the weed, and my question is wouldn't a blunt do that? Granted it is at a higher temperature but you are still pulling hot gas through alot of weed while you first puffing on it.

They say joints and blunts have the lowest amount of thc you actually absorb but that doesn't make sense to me really blunts get me incredibly stoned.

No blunts burn weed. If you want to vaporize weed I would get a dry herb tank and a e cigarette stick. Prob 20$ from a cheap tobacco or similar cigarette store. It doesn't get you "higher" it's just a different buzz

Joints and blunts do vaporize the cannaboids (such as THC) while they are smoked. Part of the plant matter is burning hot, and this heat releases the vaporized chemicals that get us high, along with smoke from the burning.

The smoke, itself isn't what gets you high, its the vapour.

Ass class that makes sense yea.

Hatingeverything7 I know that blunts burn the material but think about it if yiu just lit a blunt there is a very hot heat source (around 700degrees) that is not in contact with the weed near the end of the blunt but that heat still gets pulled through this weed near your fingers just like a vape would do

Joints and blunts do vaporize the cannaboids (such as THC) while they are smoked. Part of the plant matter is burning hot, and this heat releases the vaporized chemicals that get us high, along with smoke from the burning.

The smoke, itself isn't what gets you high, its the vapour.

good distinction to make i guess.. blunts and joints DO vaporize weed, but they also burn it. whereas a vaporizer only vaporizers

Joints and blunts may vaporize herb, pipes do this as well if you do it correctly; but they also burn it, so it's not like you are getting only vapor or using only a vaporizer.

Someone who I know totally believed the outdated study MAPS did that claimed that smoking a joint or blunt is akin to using a vaporizer; but that study is flawed because they used poor quality vaporizers that were around decades ago.

"No blunts burn weed." This. The vaporization is good because the THC will vaporize at a temp slightly below combustion of the plant itself. The fact that you light blunts and then puff to keep the cherry going tells you you're smoking; not vaping. Honestly don't go to one geared towards flavors and buy their "dry herb" variety - go to a head sop and spend a few extra dollars on a vape that was designed specifically for that purposes. Whether it's better or not "high wise" I'm not going to get into (too subjective) but on a physical level it is far less damaging for long term use.