• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do benzos ruin the effects of amphetamines?

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I was wondering if taking xanax/klonopin while on adderall/dexedrine would diminish the effects of the speed? I feel like benzos would completley counteract the effects of any speedy drug seeing that benzos essentially slow your brain activity down and speed obv. speeds it up. I have mixed the two before on a few occasions but not until the last time when i did xanax (usually i take klonopin) while blowing lines of adderall and i swear that after doing about 50mg up my nose over the course of a hour i took only .5 mg of xanax becasue i got it as a new prescription to take recently and the xanax COMPLETELY ruined the effects of the adderall IMO. Does anyone else have any experience mixing the two and if so what combo did you use and at what doses?

Takes the edge off. Enough benzos will always diminish the high of any stim. Not tryin to preach to you, but be careful combining the two and take it easy on the adderall. I really regret how much I abused that drug in high school, It has lost all its magic for me. Amps are great at first, then they just turn into complete hell

The trick with mixing stimulating and sedating drugs, whichever they may be, is to take the more sedating one first, and let the second bring you up. This way you can experience better the high provided by the stimulating drug, while still calm from the sedating one. Benzos don't ruin the effects of amphetamines, but if taken a bit after the effect of the amphetamines has taken hold, it might bring you down more than you would have wanted.

Takes the edge off. Enough benzos will always diminish the high of any stim. Not tryin to preach to you, but be careful combining the two and take it easy on the adderall. I really regret how much I abused that drug in high school, It has lost all its magic for me. Amps are great at first, then they just turn into complete hell
For me it was the opposite, they were hellish at first and great later because i learned how to sleep on them...
The comedowns aren't as bad anymore, easier to get rid of, dont last as long. Im less shaky, paranoid etc.
And to the OP, i find if i take enough amps to be more powerful than the benzo, like 0.5mg xanax with 40mg of adderall, it takes the edge off, but if i take like one bar with 40mg of adderall then i cant feel the adderall as much.
This is in my experience, but you said 0.5mg ruined it for you.
Maybe you dont have a benzo tolerance, but you have a amp tolerance.
Take less benzos.

Upper+downer= diminished aspects of effects somewhere, you can't really know for sure what will be lost. That crap about everybody being affected differently isn't actually crap, it's fact.

^^ Yep, it's different for everyone. Or, it varies person to person. ;)

I mix the two often (when I take adderall, or any upper... I take alprazolam or clonazepam. whatever I happen to have). If adderall is the stimulant being used, I'll take maybe 50 mg and then .5 mg alprazolam and maybe another .5 mg at night time to help me fall asleep. For me, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on the effects (from the stim/s). Everything is just kind of smoothed out. I don't feel so shaky, for example. So, clearly it DOES make the experience different. It's just not necessarily a negative thing.

The trick with mixing stimulating and sedating drugs, whichever they may be, is to take the more sedating one first, and let the second bring you up. This way you can experience better the high provided by the stimulating drug, while still calm from the sedating one. Benzos don't ruin the effects of amphetamines, but if taken a bit after the effect of the amphetamines has taken hold, it might bring you down more than you would have wanted.

I completely agree with Alex000, as I like to go "Up" ... "Down" and "Sideways" 8)

I enjoy the benzo'ed drunk, loved-up, slurrrred speeaacchh, warm fuzzy-wuzzy floaty feeling...then BAM!
Zero-to-a-hundred miles in 5 seconds flat! (Just like a smack in the face with a cold wet fish).

My Manic Depressive/Bipolar cocktail binge fest::
1.) I usually eat seven 10mg Temazepam tabs (or Valiums) washed down with a bottle of 10%-12% cheap sparkling wine (to potentiate the benzo's) not RTD's (Ready To Drink) cans cause they usually have allot of caffeine in them (and I'm after the night and day extremes like 'Wow to Go', not 'Go to Wow')

2.) Then an hour and a half latter ten or eleven 10mg Ritalin tabs IV...WAMO!
It's feels like I just came out of a coma but being shot out of a cannon skyward.
Kind of like getting out of a hot tub into a freezing cold shower, only 100x better =D
Then spend the evening talking shit while totally wired with my mates till the early hours while taking turns at choosing music.

Then I repeat steps 1 and 2 again two hours latter.

*For all those "don't shoot pills" people, I filter first with cotton and then micro filter with .2 micro filters.

There are better drugs around like OC's, Meth, Shrooms, Ecstasy etc when I can get them, but above are my 'bread and butter pharms' which I have a script for, and I like the reliability of standardised pharmaceutical drugs, as a mate brought some Crystal Meth last week that was really an RC as she was tripping instead of tweaking?

Note: Do not try this at home folks unless you have life insurance, as it is very dangerous.
Peace out and be safe BL'rs

Last edited:
Benzos are a great tool to have on hand in case things gets hairy on amphetamines, but they must be used sparingly if you don't want to waste the amps.

I find Valium a perfect mixer with d-amp, since it is subtle, as well as long-lasting, which means no rebound anxiety. I find a ratio of 10mg:1mg, D-amp:Valium, to be best for subtle as needed anxiolysis without impairing cognitive function.

For example, if you are on 25mg D-amp, mixed Amphetamine salts, or D-Methamphetamine, 2.5mg Valium taken sublingually is a perfect amount whenever anxiety arises. For Xanax, it would be 0.125mg taken sublingually for every 25mg of amphetamine, so 0.25mg would have been perfect for you, OP.

Just be careful of getting into the habit of using Y drug to handle the side effects of Z drug, as this is how polydrug addiction begins...

I usually take 20mg Diaz before I grab the meth pipe. Smooths things out and I can't really cope with the pure hit of a meth hit (Sometimes it's nice) But most of the time I like to slow things down a little. Plus, It kills the need to keep moving/busy. You can sit back and enjoy the wee meth rushes :)

I save benzos for the comedown which can be hellish. Granted I've only got experience with addy when it comes to amphetamines, but it's a godsend for getting to bed. I'd imagine anything over a threshold dose would begin to dull certain aspects of the stimulant... Perhaps that's what you want?