• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do Benzos Permanently Reduce Aggression?

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
Do benzos or benzo analogs have permanent effects that reduce aggression, or make it easier for a person to calm down, long after they stop using the drug?

actually, i've always found benzo's have a tendency to result in re-bound symptoms which included heightened aggression

actually, i've always found benzo's have a tendency to result in re-bound symptoms which included heightened aggression

The rebound symptoms of a benzo binge for me were the feelings of utter despair, and total anxiety, can't sit still/not comfortable in my own skin. Benzo and Alcohol withdrawals fucking suck! But yeah, op neurochemistry doesn't really work that way unfortunately, long term upregulation of gaba receptors leads to nasty withdrawal that can last quite awhile and sometimes permanent changes for the worse, not better.

I had to have plastic surgery done on my fist due to benzo rage. What makes me laugh is majority of Doctors will say how Anabolic Steroids will give you anger/rage, I never had any issues with them, yet high doses of benzos and I was dangerous as in aggression. As kleinerkiffer says.......Benzos make everything worse in the end......This is so so true. They worked miracles for me to start with and now I am housebound because of them and the only way to get better is to get off them which is just terrible. Read on here a few times that heroin is meant to be easier to come off.....So to OP.....Dont take them for too long, keep at a low dose for a max of 4 weeks.

benzos in the long run are very bad, seriously ummkay? ummkay now onto our next topic

Absolutely not! They make one sedated only for the duration of the drug, maybe into the next day if its a long lasting one. Its not like ketamine, mdma or lsd/psychedelics where taking the drug once will result in a week or two week long afterglow. Long run your memory becomes extremely affected, not to speak about the organ damage. I've been taking clonazepam daily, without skipping a day, since around this time of year, ever since 2004.

Also to important to note that not all benzos necessarily reduce aggression, especially if alcohol is added to the mix. Some benzos will have a higher rate of adverse reactions, both in combination with alcohol and by themselves, where the person becomes *extremely emotional* or *extremely violent* and of course irrational. Clonazepam more than others has a tendency for adverse reactions in combination with alcohol but on it own as well, especially in the elderly (yes, I have the link to the well accredited source, somewhere, if u require it I will post it, though a simple search will reveal it to you). While alprazolam is the one benzo accredited with the least amount of adverse reactions.

My research, mostly first hand, reveals that shorter acting benzos are highly superior to longer acting benzos as far as adverse reactions go, lorazepam is a medium acting benzos but due to its extreme amnesic qualities most doctors limit the daily dose to 2mg as anything past may lead up to an adverse reaction however you wont even be able to remember it. With alcohol, any benzo's amnesic qualities are increased significantly but the shorter acting benzos along with the hypnotics present a much lesser danger of adverse reaction both by themselves and in addition to alcohol consumption.

p.s. Physicians who give out benzos as needed, at least in Canada say that treatment any longer than 3 weeks is prone to addiction. If you call or go to ask for a prescription/repeat they will say you need to wait and if you ask them to give you monthly repeats they deny you benzos on this basis. Psychiatric use is entirely different and treatment can be as long as 50yrs if necessary and usually doses given are much, much higher than the former.

Last edited:
I've taken the same dose of diclaz/diaz (10mg) for over a year and I'm a changed man. The only drug my GP refused to prescribe me is the one that's cured all the issues that I've been suffering from for years. I have to buy it myself (UK) but it's changed my life for the better. I haven't witnessed any negative symptoms. I'll never increase my dose because I'm fully on control.

The problem with stopping benzos for good is that I'm back to my old anxious self. and nothing else works so Alli can do is take benzos, go thru withdrawal, repeat the process all over again. At least when the benzos work I go through a positive time, and yea then I suffer. Better than suffering ALL the time without chemical help, right? For some, up and down is better than down and down and down. Anxiety is a bitch

The problem with stopping benzos for good is that I'm back to my old anxious self. and nothing else works so Alli can do is take benzos, go thru withdrawal, repeat the process all over again. At least when the benzos work I go through a positive time, and yea then I suffer. Better than suffering ALL the time without chemical help, right? For some, up and down is better than down and down and down. Anxiety is a bitch

That is very true. How long do you take benzos for and how long do you break for?