• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do benzos make you feel real bad the next day?

hangover? i feel more like an after-glow :) .

and 10mg is fucking massive dose.. try 2-4 and mix it with weed.. i find weed potentiates benzos big time meaning just as fucked for less

I absolutely love the hangover from benzos, one of the most enjoyable parts of the experience.

Lastly, benzos can cause physical dependence over time, like heroin. .

bingo! i didn't read the thread so excuse me if i'm off the ball but are you becoming physically dependent on them? in other words are you using them daily or every other day at those doses (counting smaller and any other benzos you may take) and for extended lengths of time?

i'm going to send this over to BDD

i get benzo blues sometimes, but thats coz i've been taking them for a long time daily, and benzos can cause depression

lol! I've been 10 years on a benzo. I would fucking freak out if i couldn't get any diazepam for 24h.

I don't have all that much of a benzo tolerance, and felt like crap the day after I took 5mg of xanax. It was more of a depressed/don't feel like doing anything "hangover", and *nothing* tasted good. I was still hungry, but everything I ate just didn't taste like I thought it would. Very weird.

Do benzos make you feel real bad the next day?

If you aren't careful, benzos will make you feel real bad for the rest of your life.

Real talk.

lol! I've been 10 years on a benzo. I would fucking freak out if i couldn't get any diazepam for 24h.

Yeah same here...10 years. I'm on Diazepam taper now, gonna be hard as fuck but I want my ability for higher learning, cognitive functioning and memory back.

To the OP, you are taking massive doses. There are two type of people that get addicted to benzos, those who take them daily for long periods or people who binge on massive doses for just a couple of weeks or even less. You fit the second type.

As for those who take daily, tolerance usually kicks in within 2-4 weeks and you can experience physical withdrawals roughly up to 4 weeks. This is the reason why doctors don't like to prescribe for any longer than a month.

It sounds like what you're experiencing is more withdrawal symptoms than a 'hangover effect'. Since xanax is one of the shorter acting benzos, if you're dependent on it then its short half-life will cause withdrawal to effect you fairly quickly.

For example if you dose in the morning, you may have mild withdrawal symptoms starting up by the time you wake the next morning which could be mistaken as a hangover.

As for an actual benzo hangover, I've never heard of someone getting one if they are just a very occasional or new user, and are not physically dependent.

If you aren't careful, benzos will make you feel real bad for the rest of your life.

Real talk.

Best post in this thread. Absolute truth, and I (amongst countless others) are wretched living proof.

Abstain.

~ vaya

I'd stop before you get addicted if you ain't already. If I take a load of benzodiazepine's when I wake up the next day I'm can barely move my arms and legs. And I feel sluggish.

Yea really high doses can cause a hangover, but it sure beats having that feeling accompanied by tequila flavored burps. My experience is more similar to acidic weed's though, it's more like an afterglow

In my opinion, benzos aren't even recreational--they are just useful tools for anxiety, insomnia and for taking the edge off stimulants.

Depends if you consider sleeping recreational

I started experenting with bars first I would take like 2 now in 5 days worth of time im up to 5 bars and I get a buzz but not like fucked up and actually remember 80% of the night.

That is kinda weird it takes you that much to get a buzz, what brand are the bars, or if you dont know what do they say on them

you started with 2 bars? that is your problem.

benzos have never made me feel shitty the next day, but I use reasonable doses.

If you know your tolerance, know how to control your dose, and do not drink on it, then you automatically reduce the chance of a benzodiazepine 'hangover'. Also, not consistently taking them all day every day helps. I personally find that Klonopin (ClonazaPAM) sends me into memory loops and I woke up feeling cloudier than xanax, but klonopin (kpin) makes me fall asleep earlier and wake up fuzzy and half awake and half asleep. If this is your case, set an alarm and take an hour nap. Here are some natural remedies you can try to relieve the bento effects if you need to stay more alert and awake:
Remedies/
1. Coffee. Pop a ladder in the afternoon, then before work the next day indulge in a nice glass of coffee or your favorite white, green, and black teas, with green and black being more effective to rid your benzo effect.
2. I have read prescription uppers around 10mg Ritalin will perk you up, but those pills are addictive and I would suggest sticking to something with caffeine. Just don't go over 20mg and don't use daily.
3. Eating fruits and veggies helps detox the body and cleanse out the foggy feeling and gives you an even clearer mindset.
4. Peppermint Essential Oil will stimulate your body and brain instead of an upper or caffeine.
5. Take a walk. Get some nice fresh air and get you body moving. And eat a banana because it'll balance your electrolytes.

I'm totally into natural remedies for drugs. I Love drugs, but I think they shouldn't be played with without know-how and without a natural way to stay healthy and avoid addiction. ****Disclaimer: I am in no way a professional nor medically license to give this info. **** I just do a lot of homeopathy on the side and learn to live clean & healthy and still be able to party and do drugs.
Peace, Love and Namaste to you gents and ladies. All you Need is Love :)