• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do benzos make you feel real bad the next day?

Alldaykk

Bluelighter
I started experenting with bars first I would take like 2 now in 5 days worth of time im up to 5 bars and I get a buzz but not like fucked up and actually remember 80% of the night. Anyway the next morning even tho I sleep a long time I usually feel depressed and just grouchy and sore, worse so than something like mdma? Is this normal, I want to stop this now if this is what happens

Yes, high doses of benzos can give you a nasty hangover. Of course, it's not a nauseous room-spinning type hangover like with booze; the extreme fatigue, depression, irritability, etc are very common and can be a miserable experience. Also, even though you stated that you "remember 80% of the night," amnesia and blackouts will probably become a common occurence as your tolerance increases and you begin taking larger doses.
Remember that even though it's relatively difficult to overdose on benzos, these side effects can be dangerous. In addition, mixing them with alcohol, opiates, or anything else that slows bodily functioning can greatly increase the dangers.
Lastly, benzos can cause physical dependence over time, like heroin. The withdrawal symptoms are hideous and can be life-threatening. So if I were you, I'd stop taking them so frequently and recklessly. In my opinion, benzos aren't even recreational--they are just useful tools for anxiety, insomnia and for taking the edge off stimulants.

If I take more than .5mg of Klonopin I'll be hungover for 24 hours, just worthless sitting there, friends come over tochill and all I can say is "meh..." like once every half hour. I hate benzos because of this. If you're not getting where u need to be off of 5 and it's making u depressed, I'd take a week off or so.

Yes, high doses of benzos can give you a nasty hangover. Of course, it's not a nauseous room-spinning type hangover like with booze; the extreme fatigue, depression, irritability, etc are very common and can be a miserable experience. Also, even though you stated that you "remember 80% of the night," amnesia and blackouts will probably become a common occurence as your tolerance increases and you begin taking larger doses.
Remember that even though it's relatively difficult to overdose on benzos, these side effects can be dangerous. In addition, mixing them with alcohol, opiates, or anything else that slows bodily functioning can greatly increase the dangers.
Lastly, benzos can cause physical dependence over time, like heroin. The withdrawal symptoms are hideous and can be life-threatening. So if I were you, I'd stop taking them so frequently and recklessly. In my opinion, benzos aren't even recreational--they are just useful tools for anxiety, insomnia and for taking the edge off stimulants.

I really do want to stop taking them frequently. And I know I can. I havent had any trouble with addiction to anything and I have tried all sorts of stuff. Thats why I posted this question sooner then later tho. I just basically had a benzo filled weekend and I got amnesia of course and my tolerance like tripled and I feel shitty and depressed the next day I did not know it would go like that and all you get when your on them is a little "glowing" feeling that everythings alright, your still bored and what not. ANd you lose all motor skills to the point its annoying, i ruined my car so bad

it sucks like I feel almost "addicted now" like i know Im not and it sounds stupid but I can see how people get addicted cuz they feel all badd like this right now and I can only imagine how good 5 bars would hit the spot right now, but fuck it Im cutting it out while I just started been screwing with them for under a week gotta nip it before it becomes a problem

How fast can you honestly go from no tolerance to where if you quit you will get withdrawal symptoms? Cause first day I took a bar, then next day 2 1mg kpins, then 101mg kpins, then 2 days nothing, then 3bars, then one day nothing, then 5 mg kpin, then like 10mg bars twice, I really need to quit now huh, cause not many times use but the dosage seems high?

I honestly do not know how long it takes to become physically dependent on benzodiazepines. Onset of withdrawal symptoms will vary with different benzos...i.e. clonazepam and diazepam have longer half-lives than Xanax, so if you were addicted to Xanax withdrawal symptoms would probably appear within the span of a day, whereas clonazepam withdrawal would probably take at least two days to kick into gear.
That's really the only insight I have on benzo dependency. I'll have to research that some more.

I honestly do not know how long it takes to become physically dependent on benzodiazepines. Onset of withdrawal symptoms will vary with different benzos...i.e. clonazepam and diazepam have longer half-lives than Xanax, so if you were addicted to Xanax withdrawal symptoms would probably appear within the span of a day, whereas clonazepam withdrawal would probably take at least two days to kick into gear.
That's really the only insight I have on benzo dependency. I'll have to research that some more.

okay, thanks for the help man

ive been taking xanax recreationally now for about a year. but i will take 2-3 mg's once or twice on the weekends and only get that nasty hangover when mixing it with alchohol. but i have no problems with dependency or anything like that. yea sometimes i crave it but im not physically addicted to them. but it sounds like you take 2 days off at most and take very high doses when you do take it, so i would either cut down to maybe once a weekend and not 10mg's a night maybe 2-3, or quit it all together if you cant handle it.

ive been taking xanax recreationally now for about a year. but i will take 2-3 mg's once or twice on the weekends and only get that nasty hangover when mixing it with alchohol. but i have no problems with dependency or anything like that. yea sometimes i crave it but im not physically addicted to them. but it sounds like you take 2 days off at most and take very high doses when you do take it, so i would either cut down to maybe once a weekend and not 10mg's a night maybe 2-3, or quit it all together if you cant handle it.

the concept that you even catch a buzz on 2-3mg of xanax is what boggles my mind. It took me at least 3 maybe 4 mg of xanax my first time ever to get fucked up, and im not straight fucked up unless i take 5 bars now days and I have taken it short term. how do you manage?

Your doses are too fucking high dude. 2mg should be able to def give you a buzz. I usually get after glows with xanax instead of a hang over, but i also dont go over 2mg in a night usually. If i drink too much yes i will get the same things you got.

Just eat some more and the problem goes away ;)

But truthfully I never really have a problem with a benzo "comedown" or whatever you want to call it, I like the zombie feeling anyway so no problem.

Used up my kpin script way to fast, now its been like 2 weeks w/o any. Hopefully Im getting some shortly, cant wait

I dont mind the zombie feeling either, thats what I consider part of the "effect" so its enjoyabl. Apathy in its purest.

But I take xanx mg equal to where I will feel "effects" to me effects from being on a benzo is a small loss of motor skills, I mean I wont pop til i stop where Im on the ground passed out (tho I have), but recreationally just where your feelin loose, and you talk kinda like your drunk (say what you feel, and dont care) just without the nausea. Not to mention you just arent thinking about the things that cause depression or anxiety, so for me to accomplish those tasks takes about 8-10mg spread over 8 hours. 14mg I would be blacked out and not remember. And i could probably catch a week buzz where I just know its in my system but nobody else could even tell unless I straight up told them at like 4mg, anything less I doubt I would really feel.

I mean I understand with zero bar tolerance 1 bar should get you loose, 2 fucked up, from my understanding

zero bar tolerance, one would have you blacked out pussypoppin all night with no memory of what happened. and two bars would have you times ten that lol! but seriously man if you need that much to get that effect, i think its time to quit.

yes, if I take a large dose of benzos one day, the next day I will have a hangover, feels exactly like an alcohol hangover without the thirty part.

2-4 weeks of prescribed use of a benzodiazepine elicits the onset of tolerance.

However, at the doses you described, I would set the bar more at 1-3 weeks. It may be uncomfortable for you, but you've got to get your body free from those chemicals and your brain aerated a bit, huh? You'll be fine, though - nothing permanent done, just stay off of them and keep searching for that which suits you best - which, obviously, is not benzodiazepines!!!

~ vaya

Weird, I never got a hangover off benzos. Never even crossed my mind such a thing existed until I read this thread. Oddly, I get hangovers from booze to the point I simply don't drink. I guess both do affect GABA, so it sorta makes sense. But I was under the impression that alcohol hangovers were due to a toxic metabolite so that theory doesn't hold up. Guess I'll pop a xanax and not worry about it:)

Last edited: