• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Do benzos just cause munchies?

Well, it is prescribed off label for people going through chemo to bring back their appetite. However, I never experienced this effect.

Last edited:
I'll nom like a motherfucker on Xanax. But I take 2mgs every night and I won't eat all day then when the Xanax kicks in I'll eat my heart out. How do I make this stop?! Cause in the morning I'm still full from the night before. This is a vicious cycle that started when I got off heroin. I'm in the process of weaning off Suboxone as well.

Ha! WithdrawalGoddess, I'm in the same ballpark as you, same game, different drug...clonazepam for me and just got dropped down a couple mgs on my subs last Dr.s visit. I eat 3 mgs or so at night of kpins and I smash on all the snacks. But I think my anxiety is bad to where it kills my appetite and that benzo relief helps settle the stomach, For Me that is.

Hey, lurking blue light for years now but first post!

So xanax gives me the munchies. But I think it is really just that the xanax is squashing the anxieites I have around food so I actually enjoy eating. (i have ED).
Because it is like an oblivion cycle: want to fast and party? Meth. Coming down from meth? Xanax. Xanax takes away food anxieties so eat. Anxious from eating so you want to fast? Meth.....

Or quickly realize OP is stoned on speed, or usually is.(jk,if your not. ;) ).
So what is the point to this thread?

Last edited:
Update: I just dosed 2.5 mg of clonazepam, and ate a chic-fil-a sandwich and it was orgasmic, way more enhanced than weed munchies. I'm so fucking hungry.

When I used to use Xanax I would munch like a moron. When anxiety is running high, I at least will forego a proper diet as the idea of food seems to generate more anxiety. Benzos give that "everything is ok" feeling that makes me feel no worries about going to the kitchen or out and preparing a proper meal - or just grabbing snacks and munching away.