• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do any of the APBs actually come close to MDMA

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
I have access to all of them but I'm wondering... do any of them even touch MDMA? I wouldn't mind if it was MDMA/MDA without the stimulation but everything else. I hate overstimulation but I want the tactile, some empathy, maybe some visuals.

Any of them like that? I've heard 5-APB is what I'm looking for but looking for other opinions.

Basically, MDMA is not an option for me anymore because its just not around me, that whole circle of friends is gone... but I really want to roll.

Just looking for opinions otherwise I'll just get some methylone :|

This topic has been beaten to death but it's still valid. 6-apb will blow the doors off of methylone for me, which is more of a coke style high. Mephedrone comes much closer to a rolling feeling than methylone). I haven't tried the other apbs but the 6 is like a relaxed trip-roll with a lot of tactile goodness and not much overstimulation. I like 6-apb better than MDMA because it's more thought provoking and much more lucid and profound. I get a lot of love and sexuality from 6-apb, without any perviness sometimes associated with the methylone and mephedrone. I would definitely recommend apb over methylone, though. 6-apb is more of a full and rounded experience and takes just one dose.

The reason I'm posting this thread is because I have to purchase too much to try them all...

I've heard 6-APB was the best too for the same reasons you described but then heard 5-APB was superior because it lacked the stimulation. Then I've heard 5-MAPB but I've heard the comedown horror stories from that one and people saying add 3 or 4 things to it to get where you want to go so that one is pretty much out. I just dipped my toes back into chems with some benzos, some 4-HO-MET (9mg tore me a new asshole jeez), and some MXE. So I'm not looking to dive into combos and crap again like I used to do.

6 apb is less stimulant than mdma in my opinion....5apb has been shown in scientific studies to be less dopaminegenic. 6 sure feels to be also. I think 6apb is better than mdma....smoother...longer lasting l...more psychedeloc

MagikalKat777, are you looking for something closest to MDMA or MDA or a mix of them?

Everyone says 6-APB is very MDA-like, and probably is the closest you will get to that from a single chem.

I think 5-MAPB is the closest to MDMA in terms of feeling, and empathy. It still lacks the profoundness of it, but some prefer that, as in, it's gentler. Sure, it can have a bad comedown if you overdo it, but I found 5-MAPB to be probably what you're looking for.

If you're concerned about overdoing it, I would try to find MDAI and give that a go since it's non neurotoxic on its own. If it's still too "light" then add some 2-FA or 2-FMA, but very little.

If that experience is still "not getting there" then I would go for 5-MAPB. 5-MAPB is way better than methylone IMO, and actually I found had virtually no comedown. Only comedown I experienced with 5-MAPB is from abuse, IE using it more than once a month, redosing, etc.

Last edited:
Here's a useful quote from Jesusgreen (This thread).
Here are the Ki values for 5-APB, 6-APB:
-------- NET -- DAT -- SERT
5-APB - (180) - (265) - (811)
6-APB - (117) - (150) - (2698)
(Lower = better)

- meaning 6-APB has a greater effect on norepinephrine and dopamine, making it more physically stimulating, and requiring a higher dose to reach similar empathy and tactile sensations to one with 5-APB (in fact if anything I think this is really where the quoted potency difference lies, as far as stimulation/euphoria go, dosages imo are similar)

It's expected that this will carry over to the N-methyl and N-ethyl analogues (i.e. 5-MAPB and 5-EAPB for 5-APB - and 6-MAPB and 6-EAPB for 6-APB). Now if we look at MDA, the drug 6-APB and 5-APB are both analogues of, and then at the N-Methyl and N-Ethyl analogues (MDMA and MDEA respectively) we'll see a trend, as the carbon chain on the amine gets longer, activity shifts from dopamine and norepinephrine to serotonin.

(-)-(MDMA)'s Ki values are: (704) (2425) (2306), and (+)-MDMA's are (398) (897) (948) so as you can see MDMA has a more balanced ratio of dopaminergic to serotonergic effects. 5-APB is heavier on serotonin and less stimulating, hence why people often describe it as "mongy and flooring" - and 6-APB is heavier on dopamine, hence the long rushing and partying all night many (myself included) can accomplish on the stuff.

Both 5-APB and 6-APB have more affinity for dopamine and noradrenaline transporters than MDMA. Out of these most people seem to find 6-APB the more psychedelic one, although some say 5-apb is. I've only used 6APB and a mixed capsule of 5&6-APB once, never 5-APB alone, but I've got some coming in on Friday, so I might be able to comment on that soon!

6-APB is pretty stimmy and doesn't get particularly empathic for me until doses start to approach 200mg, I only really notice visuals around this dose range as well. Mostly shroom like patterns forming in the periphery and strong colour intensification, vision stays more crisp than it would on MDMA as well. At this dose range it gives me everything I'd want from a good night out on MDMA, as well as not giving me suicide tuesdays... I'm after dancing all night though and getting lost in the music. Not so much tactile and empathy related things (although I do enjoy this later on when I get too tired to dance).

The 5-6 combination was much more intense than any 6-APB experience I had. The main part of the high was great, more euphoria, psychedelic like headspace + mild OEV and decent CEVs, but the comedown was pretty horrible. Strong (unpleasant) nystagmus, paranoid thoughts, general restlessness and anxiety. Benzos might've helped here, but this was before I became aware of the benefits of etizolam :p.

Going by what I've read and what the Ki values say, 5-APB will probably be what you're after. Euphoria, music enhancement, empathy and tactile sensations. I think most people find it mongy, although I've read multiple times that some find 5-APB stimulating too. Seems to be more reports of 5-APB getting unpleasant at high doses than 6-APB though...

I think asking substituted amphetamines to be non-stimulating may be a bit much to ask.

MagikalKat777, are you looking for something closest to MDMA or MDMA or a mix of them?

Everyone says 6-APB is very MDA-like, and probably is the closest you will get to that from a single chem.

I think 5-MAPB is the closest to MDMA in terms of feeling, and empathy. It still lacks the profoundness of it, but some prefer that, as in, it's gentler. Sure, it can have a bad comedown if you overdo it, but I found 5-MAPB to be probably what you're looking for.

If you're concerned about overdoing it, I would try to find MDAI and give that a go since it's non neurotoxic on its own. If it's still too "light" then add some 2-FA or 2-FMA, but very little.

If that experience is still "not getting there" then I would go for 5-MAPB. 5-MAPB is way better than methylone IMO, and actually I found had virtually no comedown. Only comedown I experienced with 5-MAPB is from abuse, IE using it more than once a month, redosing, etc.

I love MDAI + 2C-D actually. Found it to be EXACTLY like MDMA that lasted longer and had a bit more color with very little stimulation (2C-D isn't much of a stimulant at all) and the added visuals of 2C-D but getting real MDAI is next to impossible and 2C-D is available but risky.

5-MAPB sounds like it might be the ticket. I love MDA but find it to be too speedy and I have had panic attacks from MDA before unlike from MDMA or methylone and I only panic on the comedown from mephedrone.

Here's a useful quote from Jesusgreen (This thread).

Both 5-APB and 6-APB have more affinity for dopamine and noradrenaline transporters than MDMA. Out of these most people seem to find 6-APB the more psychedelic one, although some say 5-apb is. I've only used 6APB and a mixed capsule of 5&6-APB once, never 5-APB alone, but I've got some coming in on Friday, so I might be able to comment on that soon!

6-APB is pretty stimmy and doesn't get particularly empathic for me until doses start to approach 200mg, I only really notice visuals around this dose range as well. Mostly shroom like patterns forming in the periphery and strong colour intensification, vision stays more crisp than it would on MDMA as well. At this dose range it gives me everything I'd want from a good night out on MDMA, as well as not giving me suicide tuesdays... I'm after dancing all night though and getting lost in the music. Not so much tactile and empathy related things (although I do enjoy this later on when I get too tired to dance).

The 5-6 combination was much more intense than any 6-APB experience I had. The main part of the high was great, more euphoria, psychedelic like headspace + mild OEV and decent CEVs, but the comedown was pretty horrible. Strong (unpleasant) nystagmus, paranoid thoughts, general restlessness and anxiety. Benzos might've helped here, but this was before I became aware of the benefits of etizolam :p.

Going by what I've read and what the Ki values say, 5-APB will probably be what you're after. Euphoria, music enhancement, empathy and tactile sensations. I think most people find it mongy, although I've read multiple times that some find 5-APB stimulating too. Seems to be more reports of 5-APB getting unpleasant at high doses than 6-APB though...

I read that about 5-APB being unpleasant in higher doses as well.

I think asking substituted amphetamines to be non-stimulating may be a bit much to ask.

Not really. MDMA has a negligible effect on my heart... +/- 10BPM tops. Methylone is about the same. Even mephedrone was only around 60BPM increase unless I did way too much. Its the tachycardic stuff I can't stand where your pulse is pushing past 140 resting and ruins the experience, requiring extra benzos with kills part of the high.

Either way, I have plenty of benzos to take care of any trip disasters, I'd just rather avoid one.

I find all the APB's rather sedating. Personally my favorites are 6-apb and 6-apdb, the others feel like they're missing something (5-apb is not psychedelic enough IMO and 5-mapb lacks in all aspects). All are less euphoric than MDMA, but these have other perks to offer. 6-apb is the one I'd reccomend starting out with, as it's a nice combination of psycedelia, euphoria, and empathy. It's not overly pushy nor overstimulating but it lasts a while and feels really good.

6-apdb is my personal favorite, though this one feels alot more like MDA. It's lacking in empathy but is alot more visual and euphoric than all other APB's. Lasts a long time and kinda stimmy, though I still find myself couchlocked alot.

Some will disagree of course, but 5-mapb feels extremely lacking and it makes total sense why so many people try and add a dozen drugs to make it what it should be. Zero psychedelia, not enough euphoria, lasts too short compared to the others, and generally offers nothing I couldn't find in the other APB's or MDxx.

5-apb is good shit as well, this used to be my favorite and I have a feeling you would really like this one. This is perfect for sitting around and socializing. Sedating, euphoric, very empathetic, and has an overall cozy vibe to it. It's not very psychedelic, though it is more psychedelic than 5-mapb... It's fantastic if you don't expect to be blown out of the water and absolutely floored.

There's alot of variation in effects when it comes to these APB's so if any of you disagree, too bad, this is how I react. All my product comes from an extremely trusted source, so purity is of no concern. Unfortunately this also means your gonna have to try a couple out and see what works for you. I should mention that all had less of a comedown than MDxx, even when abused. I've also never had any true psychedelic headspace either, all are easy going on the ol' noggin.

Last edited:
5-MAPB!!!!!! Don't waste time with the other ones. 5-apb/6-apb combo is also simialr to mdma but more trippy/psychedelic...so depends on your cup of tea.

There is no comedown from a single use of 5-mapb. I had a worse comedown from using 6-apb...so not sure what horror stories you're reading, but either they abused the drug, or got bad shit. Because I am sensitive to stims now so I think I would of noticed if the comedown was bad. The comedown from MDMA is far worse than 5-mapb...trust me, there is no comedown (but I had weed...) it wears off gradually. I also did it 2 days in a row with absoltuely no bad effects.

Well I appear to be torn between 5-APB and 5-MAPB with possibly a few milligrams of 4-HO-MET tossed in.

There was another forum that had much positive to say about 5-APB vs 6-APB, the only real negatives were overdoses were highly unpleasant from what I remember.

I tend to react to chems similar to you Captain so you may have summed it up for me. Sounds like 5-APB if I don't want psychedelia and 6-APB if I want to have a bit more psychedelia. 5-MAPB might be good with 4-HO-MET though.

Its too bad MXE is a no-no.

Great summary, I'm also looking forward to get my hands on some apb-s.
Do you think these would be good substitutes to avoid loosing mdma's magic or due to the similarity of effects it doesn't matter?

Well I appear to be torn between 5-APB and 5-MAPB with possibly a few milligrams of 4-HO-MET tossed in.

There was another forum that had much positive to say about 5-APB vs 6-APB, the only real negatives were overdoses were highly unpleasant from what I remember.

I tend to react to chems similar to you Captain so you may have summed it up for me. Sounds like 5-APB if I don't want psychedelia and 6-APB if I want to have a bit more psychedelia. 5-MAPB might be good with 4-HO-MET though.

Its too bad MXE is a no-no.

MXE is contraindicated because of potential serotonin interactions with x-APBs. Negative side effects are only reported by some people though. I've combined it with 6-APB (3-4 hours into it) at 20-30mgs with no problems, makes it better... Two of my friends have done this with me as well with great results as well. 5-APB I seem to read more negatives about when mixed with MXE, I think if you dose low enough at first it should be possible to get good results too. Some like the combo just fine... Mixing MXE with anything I think is best done with careful dose titrating. Taking a "full" dose of MXE on top of anything is a great recipe for potential disaster, when done carefully it mixes really well with other substances!

I need to get my hands on this 5apb to compare it. I've had 6apb trips out in nature that were incredibly euphoric and optimistic but i've also had 6apb rolls indoors that were so powerful all i could do was roll around in my bed moaning like a crazy person in ecstasy. That was probably weird for my housemates.

I need to get my hands on this 5apb to compare it. I've had 6apb trips out in nature that were incredibly euphoric and optimistic but i've also had 6apb rolls indoors that were so powerful all i could do was roll around in my bed moaning like a crazy person in ecstasy. That was probably weird for my housemates.

Ummm... maybe I need 6-APB... because when I roll on MDMA that moaning thing is exactly what happens... I'm a fucking mess when I'm rolling face. The first time I rolled, nobody had ever seen anyone roll so hard and they were freaked the hell out. I'm amazed the neighbors didn't call the cops but what were they going to say "I think they're torturing some poor man in there with crazy sex so much he's moaning?" lol

MXE is contraindicated because of potential serotonin interactions with x-APBs. Negative side effects are only reported by some people though. I've combined it with 6-APB (3-4 hours into it) at 20-30mgs with no problems, makes it better... Two of my friends have done this with me as well with great results as well. 5-APB I seem to read more negatives about when mixed with MXE, I think if you dose low enough at first it should be possible to get good results too. Some like the combo just fine... Mixing MXE with anything I think is best done with careful dose titrating. Taking a "full" dose of MXE on top of anything is a great recipe for potential disaster, when done carefully it mixes really well with other substances!

Well I like MXE with alcohol and I've been contemplating 4-HO-MET and MXE but since so much MXE is being tested as having other crap in it anyway... better play it safe.

I'd say if you happy where you are, don't want to mess with reality of your life and just want to spend good time, go with 5-mapb, and if you seek some answers that you struggle to find and would like a fresh pair of eyes, go with 6-apb.

Do people actually get deep experiences from 6-apb? Never have I had a fresh perspective on life or revelations on it, it's pure hedonism. Warm, euphoric, tranquil hedonism %)

I've had a very deep experience with it once, but the preparation, set, and setting were largely in favor of such a reaction. Times when i've taken it moreso on a whim or out of boredom have been mainly focused on the physical body high and hedonistic thought processes.

Do people actually get deep experiences from 6-apb? Never have I had a fresh perspective on life or revelations on it, it's pure hedonism. Warm, euphoric, tranquil hedonism %)

NAH! Closest I've gotten to a deep experience on it, was a "holy" feeling of extreme horniness xD. 6-APB sometimes made women's curves seem a million times more alluring than they already are...