• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do Antidepressants harm more than help?

Byzek

Bluelighter
I am 27 and have been in a "depression" for about 9 years now, I think.
I was actually able to manage more or less so far, but when I got into drugs last year and then stopped after 6 months of use, I think that gave me the starting signal for a real depression.
The lockdown put me in 10 weeks of isolation, think that gave me the death shot.
My sleep has been suffering for 3 years, currently more than ever.
I feel listless, emotionless, listless, sex 0 lust and a little anxiety disorder that paralyzes me.
I don't feel like doing anything, my motivation is 0, I have to do things, learn, it all makes no sense.
I look terrible with strong dark circles and fat loss on the face while gaining fat on the belly.
I would like to try AD because jogging no longer helps. Euophoria is absent, everything makes no sense.
I do not want to kill myself right now but I question my existence in my current ...

Everyone reacts differently to them ime.
They didn't help me at all, but I know some people who swear by them and can't live without them!
I was put on citalopram about 11 years ago, stayed on it for around 6 months, made me feel weird - not better. Then I researched it a bit more and realised one of the main ingredients was FLUORIDE so immediately cold turkeyed myself.
Suffered terrible brain zaps, insomnia, no appetite, mood swings, really weird vivid dreams and insane night sweats (which smelt really weird of chemicals)

Your call!

Mirtazapine helped me, I stopped it nearly 2 weeks ago but the few times I've been on it it has helped me, better sleep, appetite I went in it last year for depression after coming off benzos and tramadol and it certainly helped

I also went on it this year for sleep when the fucking pandemic hit

You might put weight on though, but that will help your face look fuller

I think it all depends on the individual.

I have had them on and off for years and the only time they made a noticeable difference was once when I was having serious and constant suicidal thought. Writing out plans and mad shit like that.

I was put on a really high dose and shockingly, they did seem to stop those thoughts. Almost overnight. It felt so weird but they did just stop.

I think the current unbiased clinical evidence is that they're not really effective for mild or moderate depression but more so in severe cases.

BUt they can also have a placebo effect against depression, which is not to be sniffed at.

They way you say you feel you don't really have anything to lose b giving them a go I guess.

It's a really good idea - from my experience - to try and lay off all recreationals for a few months when you feel like this too.

Acording to studies antidepressants jelping people with major depressive disorder auperior to the mild one.
I have mild depressive symptoms so im not shure if its worth it.
My psychologist adviced me to so a therapy and try ADs only if i want to. Now im more confused

Acording to studies antidepressants jelping people with major depressive disorder auperior to the mild one.
I have mild depressive symptoms so im not shure if its worth it.
My psychologist adviced me to so a therapy and try ADs only if i want to. Now im more confused
What do you have to lose? Try them out. If after a while they're not working or you don't like them, stop, simples.

Look at it positively in that they might work after all, and look forward to finding out.

I want better sex i heard trazodon is pushing sex life
Well in that case I'd stear clear of the SSRI's/SNRI's. All the ones I've tried have had an extremely negative impact in this area of my life.. You may have an increased interest in sex - but achieving an orgasm can be pretty much near impossible) When I was on Venlafaxine I literally didn't think about sex for 6 months.. A very strange feeling when it's been an emotion you have experienced your whole adult life. I can only explain it as being liberated from lust.

Other than these you have MAOI's/TECA's/TCA's and Nassa's etc I think...?

Btw, Trazodone gave me priapism! :cry:

I'm talking to a girl right now who has been taking sertaline (she suffers from severe anxiety and depression) and she says she feels very good on it, anxiety and depression are gone and she can enjoy life again. Even her libido got stronger (though that might be in part because of me lol). Wouldn't hurt to try for a month or two

Well in that case I'd stear clear of the SSRI's/SNRI's. All the ones I've tried have had an extremely negative impact in this area of my life.. You may have an increased interest in sex - but achieving an orgasm can be pretty much near impossible) When I was on Venlafaxine I literally didn't think about sex for 6 months.. A very strange feeling when it's been an emotion you have experienced your whole adult life. I can only explain it as being liberated from lust.

Other than these you have MAOI's/TECA's/TCA's and Nassa's etc I think...?

Btw, Trazodone gave me priapism! :cry:
The priapism because of your hornyness or just a physiological thing?