do antidep + subs help stop cravings for opiates?

For me Suboxone did work for opiate cravings. It did feel like an opiate in that sense. The reason I had to get off of Suboxone was because it didn't help with my depression at all. It actually seemed to make it worse. I often hear talk about subs being an AD but for me it wasn't a good one, it made me even more lethargic and tired than before.

I'm currently on methadone 20mg per day. I was really terrified to go on and be chained to a clinic but since its the only opiate they were willing to give me during pregnancy I started on it. I'm really glad I did cuz not only does it help with my cravings but it also means my depression almost non existent. I wrote more on it in other threads if u wanna search my posts. M dose is still very low as I am afraid to go higher and develop an even stronger dependency. I know that if I increased my dose I would have no cravings at all and no depression. I'm just still iffy about going higher, but I might do it since it will greatly improve my life, even more so than it already has.

I tried many different meds for depression and none of them really worked for me. I just never felt like myself. It didn't feel right for me and there were always too many side effects. But with the methadone I feel just happy everyday. I feel normal and like myself. It doesn't seem fake at all. My mood is stable, I wake up happy each day and I'm not isolating myself from the world anymore. I feel like I did before I become depressed a few years ago.

Just keep on trying different things and you are bound to find something that works for you. Don't scratch anything off just cuz others have a bad opinion about it. IF you really are depressed and want to improve your life then you will try anything that might work. I personally got to a point when I was just tired of feeling so shitty and couldn't take it anymore. It was either suicide or finding something that works. Keep trying different ADs. Give each one 4-6 weeks to work and if it doesn't then try another one. Methadone is also an options but obviously you would really have to think this one through. I just wanted my life to improve so bad that I didn't care how it would happen, so I tried methadone and it really really helped more than anything else ever. I'm probably gonna stay on for as long as it works. I have had very little desire to use other drugs. Sure, the thoughts of using other drugs are there but I can easily control them. I haven't used anything ever since I started MMT a few months ago. It really has been a life saver for me. That and rehab. Without those two I would still be miserable and depressed but instead now I'm slowly getting my life back to how I want it to be instead of just trying to survive each day. I'm in control of my life instead of my life being in control of me.

Good luck in finding what works for you. The struggle really is worth it in the end. Once you find something that works and get out of this horrible low state of mind you will finally life life like its supposed to be lived. Just keep fighting. You only have one life, and you might as well make it as best as it can be. This depression is temporary and sooner or later if you keep trying you will find something that works and you will have a wonderful life full of happy days and adventures. And it won't be that hard to deal with the occasional sad days. Sad days will come sometimes, but they won't last weeks and you will be strong enough to deal with them and move on. Life is really worth it. It can be wonderful if you find a way to get yourself out of this depression. I know you can do it, just keep fighting.