Mental Health do all anti psychotics make you feel shit

Hezman94

Bluelighter
i been on quetiapine abilify olanzapine risperidone

risperidone did nothing and had bad quetiapine withdrawa
abilify made my rls dead bad and ill
quetiapine it puts me to sleep but all morning i feel irritated and always feel bit nervous
olanzapine made me feel zombified i couldnt be anxious

im on 200mg ER quetiapine
Citalopam has been added 10mg is helping as actually got up n did some cleaning and attended appointments but copd diagnosis has depressed me

I havnt been able to enoy anything properly since 18 years old
i jus listen to music alll day i cant concentrate on video games thats why i wanna die

anxious all time somedays or someweeks i feel like im untouchable euphoric specially if i not took oxy in a while.

i cant watch a 20min tv show :(

Antipsychotics take a while to work. It's not like having a few drinks or taking a line of cocaine.

There are lots of them.

This might sounds outlandish, but it will take up to six months for the negative symptoms to start getting better, some say a year. It's an investment.

If drinks/coke/so on is like eating fast food, waiting for a med to see how well it will work is like eating healthfully.

Rexulti worked well for me.

To sort of expand on that; it's a partial dopamine agonist with a short half life so there's no worry as far as having bad reactions. Either you do or you don't.
I can't exactly tell you why it works for me really well because this is not exactly the subsection to post such things. I'll just say that since it's a partial dopamine agonist, I still have all my creative potential, and yada yada but it doesn't make me feel like shit or a zombie. It basically just prevents me from thinking about what I don't want to, which in turn prevents things like delusions and thought distortions.

I been on quetiapime eight years very scared to try something else

Yes, it's true what that other guy said in that they take a while to work therapeutically. Personally, in years and years of taking them I have never had them work for me. But I am also a brother to someone who APs have worked well for, despite the crippling physical toll they have

Risperdal gave me ed that won't go away even after over a year being off it. Also made it hard to speak my mind or think, couldn't have conversations with my friends and forget meeting new people and being able to speak to them.
Pretty much locked inside myself all the time with no way out.
Couldn't get into things like playing video games which I have loved since I was about 8 years old(40 something now).
RLS was bad sometimes.

Seroquel gave me a permanent tick that I can't control most of the time. Also I gained 15 pounds that I can't get rid of 5 years later even.
Terrible RLS every night to the point I either couldn't sleep or I would wake up because I would be kicking my legs around.
I did sleep very well though but that wasn't exactly what I was going for.

Abilify gave me rage and did nothing for me.

Zyprexa actually worked well at one time but after I went back to it after a while it really did nothing for me.

Except for the Abilify and the Zyprexa(around 6 months the first time and the second time I stopped it due to an allergic reaction that was never narrowed down but my doc suspected the Zyprexa so we stopped it) I was on these for more than a year each.

So I would agree antipsychotics made me feel like shit.

Eventually got on a mood stabalizer and haven't felt as good in probably 15 years. ymmv since I am not a dr and do not know the history behind your troubles.
Please no one take this as any sort of advice or anything like that it is just what my experience has been.

Abilify gave me rage too unless I upped the dose every week or so. It's a vicious cycle to get stuck in.

Fuck seroquel! you just sleepy all the time and feel like shit and thirsty (for water lol)
I would sometimes take recreationally to put my ass to sleep for a good 14-16 hours and the next day. It also made me drink the water out of toilet once while i was on a combo of drugs at the end of a acid trip including edibles a joint 2.5 mg xannax 200 mg seroquel a 10 mg ritalin.

I found sometimes seroquel i would rather be shot through the head and die than deal with the strange body senesations it was fucking awful.

I would sometimes take recreationally to put my ass to sleep for a good 14-16 hours and the next day. It also made me drink the water out of toilet once while i was on a combo of drugs at the end of a acid trip including edibles a joint 2.5 mg xannax 200 mg seroquel a 10 mg ritalin.

I found sometimes seroquel i would rather be shot through the head and die than deal with the strange body senesations it was fucking awful.
Yep on 1400 mgs I slept all through the night and day. I was shaky like I was about to have a seizure. it's a known fact antipsychotics can cause seizures.