• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Trying to Breakthrough (sorry for yet another thread on this!)

ros1816

Bluelighter
[Sorry for really long post - If no one replies I guess I will have to make a shorter one]

Ive been trying to break through for a while now. Any advice appreciated

I seem to spending a fair amount of money on it in terms of the actual substance (it's about £45 a gramme bought off the Silk Road) and the investment in paraphenalia. Im keen to find a method that works for me without my needing to keep wasting so much of the stuff. Im also aware that I may not breakthrough but would be content with finding a method of ensuring a pretty strong trip.

Here are my experiences:

DAY 1
- 200mg DMT freebase powder inhaled off tinfoil. Was drunk and had had quite a bit of coke earlier that evening. Got very brief like 30 seconds of heightened colours. Girlfriend grabbed the straw and got the rest - she had a decent trip.

DAY 2 (weeks later)
-80mg DMT freebase powder vapourised using a 'rose in a glass tube pipe (with brillo pad)' - like this http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2012/02/22/8b/2e/9163177.jpg
. The DMT was sandwiched between some rolling tobacco. Did this dosage three times for three separate trips. Quite intense with the colours and thinking bits of plastic were in my mouth (was just saliva!). This was the best trip and closest Ive got I think. This glass pipe method gave me my strongest trip.

DAY 3 (2 weeks later)
-Smoking a changa rollup at a festival whilst high on MDMA and 2CB. Light trip but brief pretty visuals. Was a massive waste of changa (500 mg in the rollup, passed around amongst 4 people- I was only one of two people to get anything off it!)
-100mg dmt vapourised through a bowl pipe/crack pipe. Had to take a huge number of hits, like 7 or 8. Can remember very little - dont think it was a strong trip at all. Was very high on MDMA.
-100mg DMT snorted whilst coming down from MDMA. This took a while to take effect (snorting after all). Visuals werent that strong so i closed my eyes for more intersting visuals. Had interesting auditory hallucinations (boingey boing sounds). The burning sensation in nostrils and streaming mucus definitely interfered with the trip but it was nice to have a longer one.

Day 4 (6 days later)
-100mg DMT through Classic Vapour Genie (CVG) vapouriser pipe. The DMT was sandwiched between some rolling tobacco. Had to take a lot of hits and then didnt get very strong open eye visuals but slightly more interesting closed eye. Was a brief trip. Was coming down from MDMA.

Day 5 (4 days later)
-A three hour session with about 600mg of changa. I used the Classic Vapour Genie again. I didnt sandwich the changa between anything - instead I just left it on its own. Again had to take a huge number of hits to get things going. I had maybe three or four different trips. Some interesting things were observed but I was a very very long way away from breaking through. The visuals were incredibly weak and almost nothing like DMT. I had unusual visual flickers and sensations of being watched. The closed eye visuals were completely different and more like a dream - also had sensation of people shining lights in my eyes. The body high was very strong and at one point I thought I was sitting on a heat source bizarrely. All in all, whilst interesting, I would say the changa was a massive waste. 600mg of DMT would have been far more entertaining. I feel the Changa was almost like a different substance - there was very little heightened colours or strong visuals, some of the visual motifs were more reminiscent of acid, and some of the paranoia reminded me of being stoned!)

All of the above experiences were using a conventional lighter. I have been thinking about getting a torch lighter although it seems excessive given the Classic Vapour Genie was quite expensive and seems a bit of a waste now (the only thing I use it for is DMT/Changa).

Of the other methods available to me, I have thought of using a 2 liter plastic bottle cut in half with the DMT sitting on some foil but I have been scared off this after reading about the consequences of inhaling tin foil and plastic. I have also thought about getting a 2 foot glass bong (more expense!), or building the Machine.

Questions I have:
- Should I give up on the Classic Vapour Genie. (despite all the money i just spent on it!) Perhaps it's not right for me? Should I go back to the glass pipe - this method gave me my strongest trip after all...
-Should I really load up on the DMT - for instance should I see what vapourising 200mg of DMT can do for me? or would this just result in a waste of DMT? I know I know that some people can breakthrough on 20-40mg but I think I might be quite resistant to it
-If the glass pipe then fails should I move on to the 2 foot bong method, and then try and make the Machine??
-The irritation to the nose from snorting the DMT definitely interfered with the trip but it definitely had an effect, should I try upping the dosage I snorted, so taking it to 150mg? Is snorting generally considered a waste of DMT ie the substance is not utilised effectively and much is lost
-I reckong Im not building up a tolerance to it but I have definitely had 500mg of DMT and 600mg of Changa in the past month ... could this be interfering with my making a breakthrough or experienceing a heavy trip?
-When I hold the smoke in I have tried counting to 10 or 15 secs but Ive not noticed any greater effects to be honest. Should I forget about holding it in for a predetermined amount of time and just do what feels natural?
-Perhaps I will never breakthrough?

Why are you dosing so high, 50mg is enough to get me to breakthrough, often 30mg if the setting is right.
I just use a bong and a jet lighter, and sprinkle the spice on top of some ashes, and hold the tip of the flame a few inches away.
You'll see it melt, then as soon as you see smoke rise from the bowl start inhaling.
If you want to breakthrough you'll need to take 2-3 hauls for sure so a trip sitter to grab the bong from you is best, that's a lot of smoke for your lungs.
I can't imagine how much you wasted with the 200mg in the pop bottle, that should be 12+ lung fulls.

I just smoke mine in a "meth" pipe and have very good results.
I use a propane torch set on a very low setting...this allows for plenty of heat w/o getting the flame close enough to burn it.
Hit it SLOWLY so you don't run out of "lung room" before it's gone, then hold your breath...it's not rocket science. Hell, a light-bulb will work in a pinch.
I can easily vape 40mg in a single hit if I choose, however, it rarely takes me more than 20-30mg to "break through".
I almost NEVER take a second hit in a session.
Then again, smoking is my LEAST favorite way to go into hyperspace.
You might want to think twice about your source and check your product for purity

Ok, so anything over 50mg is just a waste as it can't be absorbed by the body?

I've tried a number of different products from different people. My main source is the bestselling seller on Silk Road. So I think I can rule that out.

What's your favourite Route of Administration 'phuckingnutz'? Ive tried snorting and could maybe go back to that. Im a bit of a wuss when it comes to needles and ever never tried IVing any drugs really

Anyone else got any suggestions ...

No, 50mg is usually plenty to breakthrough if your vaping method is good.
You can "absorb" a ton of that shit, you just probably won't remember it after.

My preferred ROA is IM, but I don't recommend it for the novice DMT'r. You should be comfortable in hyperspace before you try to spend an hour there.
The amount you tried to smoke in just ONE of your attempts would have been 3 IM shots for me, every one of which would have had the potential for a "breakthrough" experience.
however, you'd need the "salt" form for IM/IV...YOU CANNOT INJECT A BASE!

Actually, you ought to think about the oral route with an MAOI...I use Syrian Rue...200mg oral DMT + 3 or 4 grams ground S.R. seeds will give you PLENTY of DMT time and is, IMO, superior to ANY other ROA for DMT.
It's not my FAVORITE, but it's probably the BEST as far as a manageable trip goes. MAOI's prolong the trip, but they also tend to "mute" it as well...hence the "manageable" part.

Oh, as for IV...not much different from smoking except you can better predict how far you're going to go since you get it ALL every time.
It's also gentler on the come-up than smoking...instead of 30 seconds to adjust, you get, maybe a minute.
Again, I don't recommend it for most. I just wanted to give you my take on the subject...DMT and shrooms are my milieu, the other stuff I only dabble in.

Lastly, smoking that shit efficiently takes practice, lots and lots of practice ;) ...so keep on trying.

Last edited:
Lot of new info there - thanks a lot. A few questions Phuckingnutz ...

To clarify, I should never smoke more than 50mg in one go - it's just a waste?

If so this gives me 20 attempts per gram of the stuff - should I leave a few days between attempts?

With the oral route, is it DMT freebase or fumarate?

With the oral method is the trip from 200mg amount of freebase DMT mixed with Syrian rue equivalent to the effect from vapourizing 50mg - hence it ensures the stuff is in you, but it requires four times the amount of stuff?

Do you buy the DMT salt/fumarate [if I did go down that route at a later point for the IM method] or do you make it? (I've not seen the fumarate advertised on the SilkRoad) (If you make it do you have a particular method you reccommend? - my girlfriend is a chemistry phd student so could probably do it if the equipment wasnt too expensive)

No, everybody's MMV, so start low and go up.
Vaped DMT doesn't create a great deal of tolerance...you can smoke it everyday and still have the opportunity for a breakthrough every time. I've done Ayahusca, technically mimosa/rue, for over a month straight...every day, and noticed little or no tolerance.

You seem obsessed with "breaking thru" it seems. Don't be...you'll lose your perspective as to WHY you're doing it in the first place...unless, of course, breaking thru IS your only goal.
I've done DMT in pretty much every conceivable way there is to do it and I've NEVER seen any aliens/entities...whatever. So, if THATS what you're looking find you MAY be disappointed.

I have however been to the source of...hmmm?...everything???...the "beginning" and had to completely rebuild my reality from scratch...more than once...and have run across some really dark shit while I was there, as well as incredible beauty too.
That offers some unique possibilities, but it is also NOT something you want to have to do the first or tenth time you do this shit.
Become familiar with the territory first.

Get a gram, throw 30-40mg in a pipe, even a lite-bulb...if you've chased that shit on foil, a lite-bulb is the same concept...only better.
smoke that whole gram that way...like I said, PRACTICE. At least if you revert to your core being while you're smoking it, you'll come back fairly quickly.

Don't EVEN THINK about shooting that shit until: A) you know what to expect.
B) you have something that is "safe" to shoot.
...I've taken enough flak on this site for my views on injecting DMT and what is safe to inject.

As for oral 100-200 mg dmt base is probably OK.
The base will be a salt as soon as you eat it anyway...so, either way is OK.

If your GF is indeed a chemistry PhD, then making the fumarate will be simple for you when the time comes.

Personally, I wouldn't DREAM of injecting anything I didn't extract myself...and MOST people wouldn't inject ANYTHING that's extracted...PERIOD.
Most of the DMT that I saw on the site you're buying from was extracted from MHRB...so be careful....FUCK this is long.........................good luck brother.

Build "the machine"....easiest and simplest way to vape DMT, as well as the most reliable...

Build "the machine"....easiest and simplest way to vape DMT, as well as the most reliable...

"The Machine", at least several versions I saw online, is just a fancy light-bulb set-up.... It looks like "The Machine" is heated from the top instead of the bottom...?

post a link for it...

I was looking at a "Vaportini" it's EXACTLY the same thing as smoking from a bulb or methpipe...people will buy anyfuckingthing...

Last edited:
Just posted this in another thread, but it may help here...

^^^
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...g=posts&t=1373

The pic in that link is "The Machine."

It's PERFECT. breakthrough every time using it.

It's a Hennessy bottle, the kind small enough to fit in your hand.

The bottom of the bottle is coned, take a tiny Phillips head screw driver or similar And pop a hole at the top of the cone. Just small enough to let the vape out, it's flat at the top of the cone (literally like an orange traffic cone) and pops a hole perfectly so it also looks like a construction cone (hole in top).

Anyway, hope that was clear.

Then on the neck of the bottle, put in bristle pad, enough to get air through but not much thinner than that.

Shit, first cook off any copper coating or whatever in the bristle pad by torching it until the metal glows orange too.

After you torch the bristle pad, let it cool, shape it to fit snug in the neck of the mini-bottle, but again so you can suck air through it from the bottom of the bottle where you popped the hole. So once cool and scrunched up to fit into the neck, I will put about 40 mg in the bristle pad, it may dust through a little so make sure to do it over something that allows you to rescue fallen soldiers. Push the brillow into the neck of the machine (mini Hennessy bottle) just like in the pics you see on the link above. Oh yeah, about an inch long total, easy to cut the shit with decent scissors too btw.

Now, you're ready! Your mini Hennessy bottle had a hole in the bottom and bristle pad in neck. I'm sure it's a "duh" thing but obviously don't put a lid on it haha leave lid off the mini bottle just like in the pics in the link!

I start by just WARMING the DMT by running a lighter on the neck of the mini bottle, barely getting it to start to melt (it melts and "runs" from the heat, which is why you use bristle pads, it's thin flat metal surface is perfect for the melting and running DMT, helps prevent burning it), before it turns to a vape I hold the mini bottle level (sideways as if you were pouring it out for a homie yo) and SUPER softy inhale from the bottom of the mini bottle. Like really lightly inhale, not like a fuxking joint, half that or so), keeping the flame at the head off the mini bottle (where the lid should be, the mouth of the bottle, so flame can actually be sucked into the bristle pad IF you sucked it too hard. But you ain't sucking hard, it ain't a dick and you ain't a ho. Gently inhale and just have the flame right up against the opening without actually sucking in any flame as again it will burn the shit! You wanna heat and vape! No bueno if you burno.

Now fuck. For ten or even fifteen seconds the hit may not vape, as you gently inhale with a CONSTANT flame on the other end. watch for some sexy ass white vape, once it is there get that vape MILKY white like you would a good bong hit of weed would look. Take the hit and hold that shit in for like 15 seconds at least, 30 if you can.

Oh man does it taste like ass the first time especially. Smell like burnt tire rubber? Good, it's DMT then!

Now as you hold in that first hit 20-30 seconds run the lighter over neck of Machine! Keeps it warm and quicker to vape second hit.

Let first hit out and put flame at opening of neck and gently inhale second hit when you have it milky ass white and thick.

Haha just hold this hit in forever. You'll blast off and exhale once the breakthrough happens. Haha rarely do I get to a third, always break through on the second hit.

You know break through when the elephants dancing on the colorful magicals squares that are forming from colors and shapes you've never seen are there whether you're eyes are open or closed!

Wrote this high on some dank bud, excuse my grammar and shit.

And PLUR

I'm going to investigate making the Machine - thanks for info

I actually had my strongest experience on DMT yet yesterday. Was tripping on 2CB so i think that might have potentiated rather than interfered. It was Changa and didnt breakthru but saw objects in the room have an overlay of witchcraft/halloween/twisted fairytale imagery. Girlfiend was a witch, friends imps, pipes were bones, houses were gingerbread houses. Was a bit disturbing but so fascinating.

@phukingnutz - Im very intrigued by injecting. Despite being scared of what you say Im very tempted to turn some of the stuff off the silk road into a fumarate and inject a small amount circa 20mg intramuscularly

- Personally, I wouldn't DREAM of injecting anything I didn't extract myself...and MOST people wouldn't inject ANYTHING that's extracted...PERIOD.
Most of the DMT that I saw on the site you're buying from was extracted from MHRB...so be careful

...witchcraft/halloween/twisted fairytale imagery. Girlfiend was a witch, friends imps, pipes were bones, houses were gingerbread houses. Was a bit disturbing but so fascinating....

This is what I call "Lego Land"...Do you see anything that looks like writing...runes...that sort of thing?

@phukingnutz - Im very intrigued by injecting. Despite being scared of what you say Im very tempted to turn some of the stuff off the silk road into a fumarate and inject a small amount circa 20mg intramuscularly

- Personally, I wouldn't DREAM of injecting anything I didn't extract myself...and MOST people wouldn't inject ANYTHING that's extracted...PERIOD.
Most of the DMT that I saw on the site you're buying from was extracted from MHRB...so be careful

You need to know what you're doing first before you just "turn some into fumarate"...I've been manufacturing/extracting and turning substances into a salt for years. So, do your homework.
That said, 20mg won't be nearly enough for a decent experience...I'd say min 80mg, up to a max of around 150mg.

Thanks phukingnutz - very late reply. Didnt get any writing or runes. I seem to be having very different dmt experiences to everyone else I know and also different to my first experiences with the drug. Very face oriented and comic. Going to make a post about it

Ok so sounds like you need a high dose for injection. Sounds ok as long as all the substance gets inside you. We havent gone down the fumarate route. Im still in Legoland and using my vapour genie. Looking at how to get hold of the MHRB and do an extraction, amongst paying for more freebase

Cheers

Ive been coming around to the benefits of the classic vapour genie actually. Stupidest mistake i made was trying to sandwich the dmt between tobacco in the vapour genie. Absolutely horrible on the throat and need like a million tokes. No one told me not to do this. DMT freebase on its own in the classic vapour genie seems to work pretty ok right? right?

Im still not breaking thru but its getting better. The thing that has really enhanced my DMT trips is tripping already - only done it on the 2c family drugs but cannot wait to smoke DMT when near peak on acid [will probly need someone to help me]

This little beast is my other favorite device to smoke out of.
That other one is if you wanna be like Yo I'm going into the Next World Egyptian Style with Swag.

But this one, is just something else... hahahha

MUAD DIB. Smoke Yo Spice the Way they did in Dune did! bahahahah!!

http://sales.magic-flight.com/muad-dib-concentrate-box-kit/

just keep repeating....

FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER!!!!

Dude youre fucking mental - in a good way

That is quality. I dont even begin to understand how it works but it looks so fucking cool. Imagine explaining that one on the way into a festival/club

No torch required either

My girlfriend says im not allowed to buy one no way :(

Yeah i know i get manic when it comes to vaporization devices. Especially when it comes to DMT.
Since i've found those two devices. 50mg is a breakthrough every single time, and it's so smoothe because the devices are designed to not burn whatever it is you are smoking out of them for the smoothest possible tokes.
My girlfriend smokes hash out of that one everyday when she gets home. We have the little bubbler attachment.
Hash Coffee and Cartoons. and on a Good Day... DMT... ;) lol