PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Injection

Three questions:

1) Any MAO other than a gut MAO?

If so...

2) Any reports of MAOI +IM DMT?

3) Any reports of MAOI+oral DMT +smoked (or IM/IV) DMT?

Last edited by a moderator:
if ya gots yella crystal, ya gots admixtures sure to affect the morphogenesis unfolding - get the white or go home.

Explain how microscopic levels of inactive plant tannins affect a trip from the most cataclysmic psychedelic drug on earth. There's people who sprinkle DMT on grass or mint before smoking it - wouldn't all the plant tannins from the mint affect the "morphogenesis" too?

BTW, what do you mean by morphogenesis? Doesn't that mean the formation of new tissues and organs?

samadhi_smiles said:
Three questions:

1) Any MAO other than a gut MAO?

If so...

2) Any reports of MAOI +IM DMT?

3) Any reports of MAOI+oral DMT +smoked (or IM/IV) DMT?

IV DMT will work without an MAOI.

Ismene, I think he was referring to the IVing of DMT. But I might be wrong?

Church said:
Ismene, I think he was referring to the IVing of DMT. But I might be wrong?

Ah I see. If you're injecting I guess you would need lab synth stuff.

is self administration even possible? What about if it is done into veins in your foot (would this delay the onset a bit)?

The Strassman reports are vague as to when exactly the experience comes on. They also were injecting very slowly, I believe.

I believe it to be inevitable that some brave fuck up will inject some of his evapped yellow goo, and we will find out exatctly what happens.

Now, we wait. :)

^^rofl, leave it to me to have already tried this. unless its in the salt form it wont work, pretty much all of it got lost in the filter (thank god i used one bahhaa)

Yes, as has been stated ad nauseum on this thread only inject something that is very pure lab grade. If you don't know exactly how pure it is I would guess the safe thing to do would be to assume it is NOT pure enough to IV (even if it is lab grade), unless you are sure enough in the appropriate washing tek.

As I am not a moderator, I will leave it up to them to restrain psychubus, but I personally think something should be done. Joking about injecting material extracted from plants does not seem appropriate to this forum.

samadhi_smiles said:
Joking about injecting material extracted from plants does not seem appropriate to this forum.

no disrespect intended, but what's offensive about that?

i wasnt joking. i really tried it. laughter is my way of trying to make light of a seemingly hopeless situation in which there seems to be not a single positive.

my friends call it escapism :/

The dangers of IV and IM DMT of any purity are largely overstated in my experience, that being said, its clear most all would agree great care should be taken to get material as pure as possible, or obtaining material of lab grade purity.

note: made edit to post, that should be IM DMT and IM K.

If you ever get ahold of DPT, do an IM shot with K--you'll be doing yourself a huge favor

Was like sitting in an ejector seat of a jet fighter, one of the most incredible feelings I've ever had - I was convinced I could feel the G-force pinning me to the sofa.

The reason using impure DMT from plant sources is dangerous is that there might be traces of plant protein present; introducing foreign protein into the bloodstream can cause fatal anaphylatic shock to take place. Even if it's not fatal it will be horrendus to experience while the DMT starts working

Your IM material will need to be neutral, i.e. @ PH 7.

With tartaric acid you can bring the ph down of PURE WHITE RECRYSTALLISED DMT (whether from natural source or synthetic) to 7 with a ph meter, and use make sure to absolutely distilled h20, preferably sterile water for injections.

Very few salts of drugs give pH7 when dissolved as it's generally a salt of a weak base (amine) and a strong acid (hyfrochloric,sulphuric etc). One of the reasons ketamine hydrochloride can be painful is that the pH of 100mg/ml soln (as used by vets etc) is about pH5

fastandbulbous said:

The reason using impure DMT from plant sources is dangerous is that there might be traces of plant protein present; introducing foreign protein into the bloodstream can cause fatal anaphylatic shock to take place. Even if it's not fatal it will be horrendus to experience while the DMT starts working

I mentioned this to someone else injecting extracts of kratom, and someone's response was "what about the millions of people shooting black tar heroin"?

Does the acetylation process denature the protein, making it safe? Is this particular source less dangerous?

Sorry for OT.

Most probably all of the chemical processes it goes through denatures the protein, boiling in acetiuc anhydride certainly will!

The people shooting kratom extract will get an anaphylatic reaction one day, that much is almost certain; whether it's just a crushing headache or turning blue & expiring is down to each individuals immune system

^^Wholly fuck yeah. That's exactly what happened with me.

Anaphylactic shock: A widespread and very serious allergic reaction. Symptoms include dizziness, loss of consciousness, labored breathing, swelling of the tongue and breathing tubes, blueness of the skin, low blood pressure, heart failure, and death. Immediate emergency treatment is required, including administration of antivenom in the case of bee or wasp stings.

I was told my skin went pale, VERY white, I blacked out for the first 20 mins and don't remember anything. I woke up in the WORST shaking and tremoring I had ever been in my life, I can't even describe the clenching/bruising it did to my ribcage. I've had bones broken in my body that have stuck out of my skin, and even that wasn't as bad as the aching my muscles did to my bones. It was warm and summertime, yet I felt SO FUCKING COLD.... I didn't think it was the IV however, because I was fine for the first 15 minutes afterwards, and it only happened after smoking it numerous times afterwards.

There is one patient in Straussman's book "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" who got the EXACT same symptoms I did, and he was also classified with dangerously low blood pressure. Shaking, tremoring, low body temperature, retching, sliding off the bed (or in my case, seat) head first, chills... However, they were reluctant to give him an adrenaline shot in case his body started recovering and boosting its own adrenaline, then it might have given him a stroke.

Injecting DMT

Is the DMT used in the documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule freebase? I wouldn't imagine heating up freebase crystals and injecting it. It seems like one would lose a lot of alkaloids by heating it up with a spoon. I think DMT would be one drug that's okay to inject.