View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! DMT solo

zelmoswift

Greenlighter
I recently acquired a DMT vape pen. I'm thinking about asking a friend to "sit" but it's hard to arrange the time and space. There's also the social factor/pressure that having another human in the room causes that might affect the trip. As long as I'm lying in bed while I vape, is it safe to do it alone? I won't scream or thrash or think I can fly, will I? I have experience with psychedelics including an approx. 4gm mushroom trip solo. Even so, I'm scared, I have to admit. Advice?

It will be as it will be. As long as your laying down and not setting anything on fire, youll be physically safe. Do set an intention as to what you want to get out of the experience, be in a good set & setting. Fully accept and embrace whatever will be, and remember to continue to breathe calmly. This is "medicine" much more than any of the other 20-30 psychedelics I've sampled trough the years. If you don't respect DMT, you'll risk trauma and long term mental distress. Only after DMT could I really understand what others had said about DMT. It really is something different from other psychedelics, though extreme doses of other substances will take you to a similar place. Your world will never be the same again. If interested, this (https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/dmt-changa-–-first-5-trials.880431/) is my story of my first trials with DMT - all by myself and in times of strong grief. Anyhow, warm welcome to hyperspace! Let us know how it went afterwards!

If you make the place safe, the risk is quite low.
Put all sharp objects, mirrors and the like in the next room. Lock the door to the balcony. Lie on the bed and put cushions around you. Be sure that the lighter goes into a non-flammable cup just after you're done lighting.
Move the tables and chairs away out of precaution, but you're likely to be floored and not able to move (and certainly not open a window to try to fly out of it (that doesn't happen)

You may scream or trash, but it's not common as far as I know.
I've seen someone scream a bit. The sound could have been covered by some music. It was not the intensity that's more common with 5-MeO-DMT.

Don't stress about neighbors hearing sounds. It's over so quickly that if you do make noise, it will likely be over by the time they start wondering if it's the tv or something else.

I have been alone pretty much 90% of the time and I see some dark stuff at times, like extreme terror. DMT is not a joke. It all depends on the person though. I remain calm within my skin and internalize the experience appropriately, but I'm a trained artist.
On the other hand, I witnessed someone screaming out in the open on top of a prairie meadow opening with woods surrounding...I had to hold their hand to bring them back to reality...it was super gay since were both straight male, but he never had proper parents and I think he felt he might die and simply some people can't handle that reality of death.

I've also went like full schizo after smoking some enhanced leaf. This stuff again is no joke. Reality seems like such a thin veil when you take a large enough hit of that insanity.

I won't scream or thrash or think I can fly, will I?
I swear this has something to do with that one YouTube video of a kid acting like an asshole after supposedly smoking a shitload of Salvia.

No, you're not gonna scream or thrash. Just sit your ass down on a couch or something with a place to put down your vape after your hits. It's nice having a place to relax. Lying in the sand on a beach is really the tops, I highly suggest trying it at some point.

For the most part you're gonna have a hard time standing, so at least sit. DMT is fairly dissociating and you kinda just zonk out and become unresponsive if you're in hyperspace. Lasts maybe ten minutes. There's nothing to be afraid of; it has a wonderful safety profile and the lethal dose 50 is crazy high mgs per kg of bodyweight. Now if you manage to breakthrough completely to the other side, so to speak, you can and probably will experience a full-on ego death, which feels exactly like you're actually dying and this can scare this fucking shit out of you the first few times it happens. Just try to stay calm and remember you're just on a drug. No need to panic. And but even if you do, again, you're not gonna be thrashing and screaming while someone records video for YouTube fodder… (Moreover, I've smoked Salvia plenty of times and never once acted like those jackoffs from those Salvia videos…)

I have experience with psychedelics including an approx. 4gm mushroom trip solo.
I love tripping solo. However, I still cannot stand rolling (MDMA) solo. That's definitely a social drug. Obviously, right?

Even so, I'm scared, I have to admit. Advice?
Idk why there's so much fear wrapped around DMT, but it doesn't seem like there's much I can do to quell people's fear of it, nor was there anything that could quiet my own initial fears and concerns until I became experienced enough with it to no longer be afraid. And now it's easily one of my favorite drugs that has provided some remarkably deep and life-enriching experiences …

that said…

Try not to take DMT too seriously. People get a little out-of-control, in my humble opinion, in practically worshipping DMT like it's some kind of god or has mystical properties to it. Even Dr. Rick Strassman gets a little carried away, I think, in DMT: Spirit Molecule.

I see some dark stuff at times, like extreme terror. DMT is not a joke.
Yeah you know, years ago, when I first started tripping acid as a teenager, someone told me once, “Any time you see demons while you're tripping, you've got to just laugh at them and how absurd they are, and this will remind you they're not real and you're just tripping,” Laugh at the dark stuff in life, just as a general rule, isn't bad advice. After all, laughter anesthetizes our emotions, and this is very useful. Perhaps DMT is a joke wrapped inside of a powerful psychedelic.

Also, @Lydian Jester – cool name, but why Lydian? Assuming you're talking about music modes and not ancient Greeks, wouldn't Locrian fit the “Jester” vibe a bit more? (Phrygian Dominant is my personal favorite mode).

I guess people fear that they're giving up control of themselves for a short spell and don't know what they might do. Honestly, the fear is understandable, but until you become comfortable and confident in your own autopilot, there's nothing much else anyone can do to assuage your concerns other than to tell you to keep on driving on. All I know is: I got the hang of it eventually and now I vape DMT like a champion. YMMV.

See the difference is that i believe the demons are potentialy real. I don't think it could only merely be the dmt making me imagine things. Either way the experience is worth being explored. I think you just need to be comfortable with not ever being able to discern certain factors about your existence like if it is a simulation for instance or you are a test subject. No way of truly discerning though, this is where the the imagination runs wild and one must tame it and create art instead or make love or give in to the unconscious in some other wonderful way.

See the difference is that i believe the demons are potentialy real.
Yeah you're right about that. There is no way I believe in actual demons and other folklore. I do believe that people have compelling experiences that emotionally are shocking enough to them that they suspend disbelief and fail to exercise logic and reason. And so I don't blame anyone for believing in the possibility of demons, I suppose, but I still think it's wiser to remain skeptical until undeniable proof is factually presented in an honest, objective manner. So far, I've seen no objective proof that demons exist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just one person's observations anyways.

Or maybe I'm the demon. After all, @AutoTripper thinks I'm possessed by evil ;)

Kudos for the inclusion of the word “potentially” though; I'm glad you're willing to admit you could be wrong.
I don't think it could only merely be the dmt making me imagine things.
Why not? You do know what hallucinogens do…
Either way the experience is worth being explored.
One hundred percent agree with you there :)
I think you just need to be comfortable with not ever being able to discern certain factors about your existence
Well yeah, fuck solipsism and the existential crisis belief that the whole world could just be in your own head. I reject that notion because of the great works of art and music that has been created over the centuries – this fact alone is pretty damning to the argument. In other words, if everything was all a figment of your imagination, you'd be all the greatest artists, authors, poets, musicians, etc. to ever have existed. You don't even speak Italian, so how could you be responsible for all those great Italian Operas for example that you would've had to have created were the whole world just a figment of your imagination. Seems unlikely. Much more likely that you're not the only person and we all do exist in some kind of objective reality.
like if it is a simulation for instance
I don't see any alien species' motive for something like this; however, it is a common paranoia of schizotypal affective disorder and drug-induced psychoses.
or you are a test subject.
For what test? Seems to me if you're being studied by aliens they've already learned everything they ever needed to know and then some.
No way of truly discerning though,
Oh, I don't know. I think people do okay by applying logic and reason and seeking other's opinions while being open to being wrong.

this is where the the imagination runs wild and one must tame it and create art instead or make love or give in to the unconscious in some other wonderful way.
I mean, that is an outcome, but not a given. My powers of deduction (😏) tell me you're an artist of various sorts. That's cool, but temper your emotions with some anchored logic and reason, and I don't mean the music-making software, lol, though that's cool, too…

Or maybe I'm the demon. After all, @AutoTripper thinks I'm possessed by evil ;)
I have evil in myself. Most of us, do. I want to excavate it. I don’t mean I’m “bad”, but not nearly as clean, pure and holy as I wish to become, for the right, non ego related reasons.

So Okay that was unfounded and too far, sincere apology for that. I was in the highest state of emotional traumatic distress then. No sympathy seeking honest.

This is just fact. I wasn’t at all, still not yet in my right mind.

But I made it to my chiropractor and am home now to focus on rest and recovery.

Last edited:
I have evil in myself. Most of us, do.
Don't be ridiculous. Evil is just a construct that con artists made up many years ago to trick people into believing in God and their bullshit malarkey religion. You see, without the threat of hell, what incentive is there to believe in God? What consequence exists for not believing in God if Hell and Satan don't exist?

The difference between a cult and a religion is that, with a cult, the founder knows it's all bullshit. With a religion, that person died. And this is usually when the U.S. grants tax exempt status (see: the LDS church / Mormon history and Scientology as examples).

“Good” and “evil” are just constructs because morals tend to be relative and score on a sliding scale, as it were
I want to excavate it.
Well you can't, and even if you could, you would be an incomplete human if you did this. Learn to accept yourself for who you are. Per usual, acceptance and tolerance are the ways forward, even with your own self regard, maybe especially with it.

I don’t mean I’m “bad”, but not nearly as clean, pure and holy as I wish to become
Watch it, buster. It's easy to become self-righteous and holier than thou this way. I think you're just fine the way you are, superstitions and all :)

Don't be ridiculous. Evil is just a construct that con artists made up many years ago to trick people into believing in God and their bullshit malarkey religion. You see, without the threat of hell, what incentive is there to believe in God? What consequence exists for not believing in God if Hell and Satan don't exist?

The difference between a cult and a religion is that, with a cult, the founder knows it's all bullshit. With a religion, that person died. And this is usually when the U.S. grants tax exempt status (see: the LDS church / Mormon history and Scientology as examples).

“Good” and “evil” are just constructs because morals tend to be relative and score on a sliding scale, as it were

Well you can't, and even if you could, you would be an incomplete human if you did this. Learn to accept yourself for who you are. Per usual, acceptance and tolerance are the ways forward, even with your own self regard, maybe especially with it.

Watch it, buster. It's easy to become self-righteous and holier than thou this way. I think you're just fine the way you are, superstitions and all :)
For the record, I believe in Satan. A lot of people do. I believe in there being a genuine nefarious origin of evil on this plane at least.

I have encountered “the beast” in my dreams.

However clean and holy we aspire to be, Satan seeks to get inside any he can. If you feel and express rage, he is working through you, even if you are morally and theologically correct in your objection.

I accepted he has influence over me. That’s what I meant, not- I am evil.

Just a bit invaded. I really want to wash my hands of that, sever those ties, see where I lower myself. Really clean it up.

Now, with respect, I’m guessing you will dismiss this as more delusional tomfoolery.

But this is my strong personal belief, based on life experience, not empirical proof.

I’m not alone in this, at all.

And thanks for that too lol. I really am sorry for the negativity I have projected your way today. It’s rarely my nature, though I’m always passionate and outspoken, rightly and wrongly.

I honestly had hit the roof of panic and despair over last night.

Just resting back home after treatment now drinking some good kava.

If I wasn’t so exhausted I might have dropped a huge dose of LSD. I do so at times of total mental turmoil, and I usually have the best trips strangely, pure release and rejuvenation.

Maybe not today though a stretch too far I think right now.

And thanks for that too lol. I really am sorry for the negativity I have projected your way today. It’s rarely my nature, though I’m always passionate and outspoken, rightly and wrongly.

I honestly had hit the roof of panic and despair over last night.

Just resting back home after treatment now drinking some good kava.

If I wasn’t so exhausted I might have dropped a huge dose of LSD. I do so at times of total mental turmoil, and I usually have the best trips strangely, pure release and rejuvenation.

Maybe not today though a stretch too far I think right now.
You should check out the artwork of late Polish painter and photographer, Zdzisław Beksiński. I think you'd really like its themes.