• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT ROAs. Looking for experience reports on snorting dmt fumarate and rectal administration of dmt

Lydian Jester

Bluelighter
Looking for an alternative ROA to smoking/vaping as I quite dislike the way smoke and vapor feels on the body. I have put freebase up my nose which worked to an extent, but feels quite damaging as well.

I'm curious to hear reports from those who have snorted fumarate if this is significantly less damaging and harsh than snorting freebase or not. Also interested to hear any reports form those who can say if rectal administration can be just as powerful as a vaporized or smoked experience.

Last edited:
I’ve taken DMT rectally.

I made DMT acetate, dried completely then re-dissolve in a minimal amount of fresh dh2o which seemed to leave the tarryness behind.

I forget the dosages but it seemed fairly effective. Don’t do freebase like dumb psychotic Krystle did and need a half gram to get off. I only used 20-30mg for a decent light experience. I’m guessing 100mg of DMT acetate would do the trick, or equivalent of the fumurate.

But start low cuz still fairly uncharted waters, I may give it a try soon again out as well.

I’ve also done freebase sublingually (kind of a waste but works lightly).

-GC

I’ve taken DMT rectally.

I made DMT acetate, dried completely then re-dissolve in a minimal amount of fresh dh2o which seemed to leave the tarryness behind.

I forget the dosages but it seemed fairly effective. Don’t do freebase like dumb psychotic Krystle did and need a half gram to get off. I only used 20-30mg for a decent light experience. I’m guessing 100mg of DMT acetate would do the trick, or equivalent of the fumurate.

But start low cuz still fairly uncharted waters, I may give it a try soon again out as well.

-GC

I never tried freebase DMT sublingually, but did have good luck with sublingual 5-meo-DMT HCl about a decade ago. DMT acetate sublingually is something I may have to give a try at some point. I always convert extracted DMT to freebase and never considered the sublingual roa...

@Anonymous Dissident do you remember how the dosage for sublingual 5-MEO-DMT compared to other ROAs? And how was the taste of the HCl?

The dose I used was around 6-12mg. The effects took around 10 minutes to reach a definite +2. The experience was less overwhelming than the freebase can be, and had a duration of 2-3 hours of primary effects, with a residual glow for another hour or two, then lingering stimulation for another hour or two.

The taste was the biggest issue with the sublingual roa. It was a challenge to keep in the mouth without swallowing or spitting it out for long enough for effects to manifest. It was accompanied by a mild to moderate stinging that persisted into the next day. I never took it at a sufficient dose to reach a +3 sublingually, but I'd estimate around 16-20mg to be needed to reach that intensity. It was a remarkable experience combined with 2c-e.

Speaking of freebase, use a salt form if you don't wanna damage your mucous membranes. Other than that, the high it's the same. Same as how they revisit old buildings ''Cat painted from inside''

In the Amazon, the medicine man collects the resin of Virola trees and treats it with ashes and/or burnt shells, in order to produce an alkaline powder containing DMT freebase. This is blown into the nostrils through tubes, after which the partakers fall on their ass and roll on the ground for half an hour, consumed by the spirit world.

Also in South America, there is Yopo snuff and Cebil snuff, both containing chiefly bufotenine, 5-hydroxy-DMT. This too is rendered alkaline before insufflating, so presumably here too the freebase form performs best, where it comes to jungle expedient snuffs.

Given the western habit of snorting just about any alkaloid, its often observed that salts absorb just fine.

My guess is that the natural forms need to be rendered freebase from their plant-bound forms but that of pure alkaloids, the salts are best for snorting.

@Asante that's really interesting. Reminds me of how coca is normally chewed with a pinch of lime, must be for similar reasons. Funny to think that traditional usage of coca is essentially tiny oral doses of crack cocaine.

Speaking of freebase, use a salt form if you don't wanna damage your mucous membranes.

Yeah I will definitely will have to try again with a salt form as last saturday I believe it was, I mixed some freebase goo (didn't bother to weight dose) with water and sucked that up my nostrils, was very pleasant and clear headed nothing too intense, went for a bit of a walk and listened to the insects, but my nostrils are still sore today and seemed to get worse over the next couple days.

In the Amazon, the medicine man collects the resin of Virola trees and treats it with ashes and/or burnt shells, in order to produce an alkaline powder containing DMT freebase.

That is quite cool, very inventive, wonder how they figured that one out hah.

Given the western habit of snorting just about any alkaloid, its often observed that salts absorb just fine.

My guess is that the natural forms need to be rendered freebase from their plant-bound forms but that of pure alkaloids, the salts are best for snorting.

At least when it comes to sublingual/buccal use of alkaloids like cocaine, it turns out that the freebases are more rapidly and completely absorbed. It's probably the same for nasal use, c.f. yopo snuff.

In regards to cocaine, I’ve experimented around a bit. With coca, freebasing via baking soda in the mouth does increase potency but when talking freebase Cocaine vs Cocaine HCl the HCl is better/faster.

I still got high via sublingual freebase Cocaine but it was slower.

The main reason I’d use freebase in this way is cuz it’s easy to purify freebase but kinda more involved to get it back to the HCl without hydrolysis. So I’d take my ultra pure freebase and just sublingual it to avoid smoking it..

Thinking now too, I wonder if quickly making a solution of Cocaine salt that’s near ph neutral then administering rectally asap would get it in quick without hydrolysis. Similar to folks IV crack but much better done.

-GC

G-Chem, offtopic to psychedelics but rectal use of cocaine is even endorsed as a harm reduction method inbetween snorting and injecting. Its said to require less and be much more intense than snorted (so of course more craving and more addictive effects)

Just going to add a bit more here in regards to my thoughts and experiences with some of the things I've tried and my speculations.

My nostrils feel fairly damaged {EDIT: from snorting freebase not salt, so more of a warning of what not to do}, now I don't have hardly any experience snorting anything and so I realize it could be much worse, but none the less it has been about 6 days now so almost a week and I feel like they will still be slightly sore for at least another week (simply speculation).

In addition my lungs still feel like they are repairing after close to 2 weeks of abstaining from smoking enhanced leaf/vaping and smoking using the leaf bed method (terrible method btw) out of a small bubbler. Now of course the small bubbler is somewhat of a culprit behind the harsh vapor/smoke, but again still seems it will be damaging regardless of utilizing a better device (I have also used a glass vaporizer and still noticed discomfort lasting days after)

Now, I'm quite certain dmt is just one of those double edged swords, no matter how we choose to administer it, it will inevitably have some damaging effects on the body, yet at the same time it can build and repair (especially in conjunction with the vine). However, I would like to aim to reduce the damage inflicted on the body and instead augment exploration and growth. Besides oral administration, which is my favorite because it engages you so fully I think I am going to explore injection and rectal administration and see how these routes feel and hopefully they will be more effective and less damaging.

I am particularly interested in the injection route, simply because having my bare naked ass up in the air and squirting mimosa tea into it with an eyedropper (drop after drop) gave me a taste of the rectal experience and while it did have effects and I didn't mind it entirely not something I would want to do every time. Yes I realize my instruments were not good at all, yet still.

Perhaps some people with experience injecting dmt could share a bit of tips and tricks and how this experience differs from other ROAs?

Last edited:
Just going to add a bit more here in regards to my thoughts and experiences with some of the things I've tried and my speculations.

My nostrils feel fairly damaged {EDIT: from snorting freebase not salt, so more of a warning of what not to do}, now I don't have hardly any experience snorting anything and so I realize it could be much worse, but none the less it has been about 6 days now so almost a week and I feel like they will still be slightly sore for at least another week (simply speculation).

In addition my lungs still feel like they are repairing after close to 2 weeks of abstaining from smoking enhanced leaf/vaping and smoking using the leaf bed method (terrible method btw) out of a small bubbler. Now of course the small bubbler is somewhat of a culprit behind the harsh vapor/smoke, but again still seems it will be damaging regardless of utilizing a better device (I have also used a glass vaporizer and still noticed discomfort lasting days after)

Now, I'm quite certain dmt is just one of those double edged swords, no matter how we choose to administer it, it will inevitably have some damaging effects on the body, yet at the same time it can build and repair (especially in conjunction with the vine). However, I would like to aim to reduce the damage inflicted on the body and instead augment exploration and growth. Besides oral administration, which is my favorite because it engages you so fully I think I am going to explore injection and rectal administration and see how these routes feel and hopefully they will be more effective and less damaging.

I am particularly interested in the injection route, simply because having my bare naked ass up in the air and squirting mimosa tea into it with an eyedropper (drop after drop) gave me a taste of the rectal experience and while it did have effects and I didn't mind it entirely not something I would want to do every time. Yes I realize my instruments were not good at all, yet still.

Perhaps some people with experience injecting dmt could share a bit of tips and tricks and how this experience differs from other ROAs?

Oh man, I recently tried injecting DMT because it was simply too harsh to smoke enough to "blast off". I've never felt anything so painful to smoke... And I've smoked just about everything you can think of.

I prepared roughly 50mgs of DMT (not freebase) and had added 200mg of methamphetamine to the mixture. Added enough water to dissolve everything and drew it back into the needle. I had absolutely no idea what to expect - I just knew that I felt the need to experience it.

I put the needle in my arm and registered almost instantly. I knew that hesitation wasn't an option so I pushed the liquid into my arm, and pulled the needle out. Was absolutely painless... Then bright green and red lights consumed everything in my vision - My only thought in this moment was "Oh shit I fucked up. I'm dying. There's no getting out of this one". I was scared. I laid back on the floor and realized I needed to accept that my fate was sealed... so I did. and from that point, I forgot I had a body at all.

My consciousness was taken to a realm which can only be described as everything in existence was a single fractal, in shapes and colors that I can't even begin to describe. I felt as if I spent millions of years here, and at the same time only seconds. Time flowed in this realm very differently. It was more like a direction that I was moving back and fourth in.

over the next hour and a half, I had gone back and fourth from this realm to my body, gasping for air and being held down by the green and red light, and I felt every time I came back to my body that I was not ready to come back. I fought with myself to get back to this realm every time.

finally I came back to my body permanently, and had a spontaneous orgasm. The visual effects were still pretty strong, and my head was more clear than it's ever been. I forgot what words were for a few hours after that. I felt a strong sense of peace within myself and with the world. And I felt like I had let go of everything that has ever held me back.

It's been roughly 2 weeks since my experience, and I still feel a strong sense of peace and still feel like I've let go of everything that ever impacted my life in a negative way. There was no damage or pain at any point. But I definitely feel like I died and came back to life. I will never look at anything in the world the same way again.

A part of me wants to experience it again to see if I can describe it any better. I feel as if the whole world would benefit going through what I did (made an account here just to reply to this post) but seriously combining it with meth was probably not the smartest way to go about it.

In short though, injecting it was epic and painless without bad long term side effects.

Hmm painless you say. That sounds too good to be true, but hey if you say so, probably varies from individual to individual I suppose? I guess my desire to inject dmt vs smoke it would be just an intuition (which I am trying to get some insight in first) that it is less invasive than smoking. Perhaps, I feel this way because I have went to the doctor and gotten shots/IV's put in me for simple medicines, blood tests, etc and have not felt like it damaged the body in lasting and (likely from too much of it) irreparable ways as I feel about putting smoke or vapor into my lungs. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm painless you say. That sounds too good to be true, but hey if you say so, probably varies from individual to individual I suppose? I guess my desire to inject dmt vs smoke it would be just an intuition (which I am trying to get some insight in first) that it is less invasive than smoking. Perhaps, I feel this way because I have went to the doctor and gotten shots/IV's put in me for simple medicines, blood tests, etc and have not felt like it damaged the body in lasting and (likely from too much of it) irreparable ways as I feel about putting smoke or vapor into my lungs. Thanks for sharing.

For the most part, yes it was painless. I mean there was a slight stinging sensation at the injection site when I pulled the needle out... Which I would assume was from anything that backed out of the vein, but other than that it was fine. I don't think I've ever IV'd anything that was actually painful. I've heard that missing the vein can be quite painful for a lot of things, though. Thankfully I've not missed once.

@FannyBandit :let us know if you ever get around to trying it without the meth. I'd be interested in how much the meth contributed to the feeling of impending doom and how much was just the DMT.

I’ve taken DMT rectally.

-GC
What did that burnt out psychopath Krystle Cole do?

I saw on a book she had ghost written how she put Ganesha on the cover. My Hindu friends just laugh at European westerners like this as they are not really Hindu at all. They said most Hindus are born into being Hindu, even Western Europeans, and even other Asians who marry Hindus generally do not convert to Hinduism at all.

I prepared roughly 50mgs of DMT (not freebase) and had added 200mg of methamphetamine to the mixture.

That sounds like the scariest injection in the world to me. Amazing you didnt have a seizure.