• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dmt question

Definitely make it a point sometime in the future to take a fat rip of dmt while you're peaking - i highly recommend it

Interesting. I've never done DMT so I was unaware that people smoked it out of crack pipes.

The first thing that came to my mind would be something like antidepressants and/or antipsychotics. People maintained on these often report greatly diminished effects from psychedelics, especially antipsychotics. I've been on SSRI's before and I can attest to eating an entire 8th of mushrooms and the only thing I got was some blurry vision.

It sounds like these guys know more than I do though.
I'm on prozac and I can still trip on mushrooms, but I do think the experience is probably considerably weaker in comparison to those not on SSRIs. Then again, I've unfortunately (I wish I never got on them...) been on prozac since age 14, so I've never once tripped without being on it so I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Of course, everyone is different.

I REALLY want to try DMT, and while I haven't been able to find any yet, I'm worried that I won't be able to trip on it, or at least, that it might not be as strong. What do you think?

Because everyone seems to say something different. The last time I discussed this with some people on Instagram there was one or two guys who INSISTED adamantly that they knew I could trip on DMT. I liked that answer, but I'm not sure they're correct, and I think I probably won't be able to know for sure until I try it. At the very least, I've heard that it isn't one of the psychedelics that I risk serotonin syndrome from mixing with my prozac. Do you know if that's true either?

I used to have a small chillum with kanthal wire twisted up and stuffed in the bowl. It worked amazingly for DMT and hash oil on the go

If you do use a device like that it should be cleaned out regularly. There's nothing worse than coming up on an intense DMT experience with a big chunk of burnt DMT res in your mouth. That's almost as bad as listening to black metal on DMT
Just curious, but do you like black metal when NOT on DMT? lol. Cause I'm a huge metalhead and I love it (obviously not ALL black metal bands) However, that doesn't mean it's going to be good on all substances. I've only tripped on shrooms, LSD and Salvia, but I would say it usually would probably not be great on any of them...

I don't think you'd even have to drug me. If you played more than about ten minutes of black metal to me, I'd give up. I hope I don't sound soft.
No, you don't sound soft, but my guess is you don't like ANY metal do you?

I'm a HUGE metalhead: death, black, grindcore, thrash, NWOBHM, blackened-crust, sludge, etc. Just be aware that not all metal is the same. Genres and bands differ GREATLY.

I can't really hear music at all on DMT, even while wearing headphones at high volume.

In fact one of the first things that alerts me that I'm coming down and starting to sober up is when I can start hearing music again, and it's very comforting.

Higher doses of DMT cause very loud auditory hallucinations, but I think its more just being so absorbed and distracted by the visuals that your brain cannot process any music input.

Last edited:
I can't really hear music at all on DMT, even while wearing headphones at high volume.

In fact one of the first things that alerts me that I'm coming down and starting to sober up is when I can start hearing music again, and it's very comforting.

Higher doses of DMT cause very loud auditory hallucinations, but I think its more just being so absorbed and distracted by the visuals that your brain cannot process any music input.
Do you know if some people at least are able to trip on DMT if they are on an SSRI and whether or not it's a risk for serotonin syndrome?

I'm on prozac and I can still trip on mushrooms, but I do think the experience is probably considerably weaker in comparison to those not on SSRIs. Then again, I've unfortunately (I wish I never got on them...) been on prozac since age 14, so I've never once tripped without being on it so I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Of course, everyone is different.

I REALLY want to try DMT, and while I haven't been able to find any yet, I'm worried that I won't be able to trip on it, or at least, that it might not be as strong. What do you think?

Because everyone seems to say something different. The last time I discussed this with some people on Instagram there was one or two guys who INSISTED adamantly that they knew I could trip on DMT. I liked that answer, but I'm not sure they're correct, and I think I probably won't be able to know for sure until I try it. At the very least, I've heard that it isn't one of the psychedelics that I risk serotonin syndrome from mixing with my prozac. Do you know if that's true either?
If you take enough DMT, you will definitely trip. An SSRI will not stop it.

prozac + MDMA has a significant risk of serotonin syndrome, but prozac + DMT/shrooms/LSD the risk is extremely low almost nonexistant

yeah partial to a bit of (small and occasional granted) metal that I am, it wouldn't be playing when i'm smoking dmt thats for sure

with dmt i don't need external sensory stimulation at all but also prefer not to have silence, so I'd usually go for a very gentle trippy instrumental as background - this has hit that spot perfectly in that scenario

If you take enough DMT, you will definitely trip. An SSRI will not stop it.

prozac + MDMA has a significant risk of serotonin syndrome, but prozac + DMT/shrooms/LSD the risk is extremely low almost nonexistant
Thanks. Actually, I don't know if you are right about prozac + MDMA being a big risk for serotonin syndrome. When asking people on here and probably some other places, most people seem to say that MDMA will simply not work while on SSRIs but that USUALLY it's not a big risk for S.S. It's pointless at best, dangerous at worst, but from what I hear the actual risk of S.S. is much bigger when mixing MAOIs, DXM, Tramadol, etc, than MDMA.

what a thought

I imagine that would be a pretty effectve truth-serum

Ironically, the military experimented with using acid to interrogate people. It didn't work, in fact the LSD made people resistant to coercion. It gave people a sense of well being.

I question if DMT would do much better.

No, you don't sound soft, but my guess is you don't like ANY metal do you?

I'm a HUGE metalhead: death, black, grindcore, thrash, NWOBHM, blackened-crust, sludge, etc. Just be aware that not all metal is the same. Genres and bands differ GREATLY.

Heh. I've been dying to talk about this with someone. I was for example listening to a fair amount of Guns and Roses my last week in South Carolina, which was the last time that I could really listen to music given that I now live in a cheap hotel.

No, I don't like metal.

Heavy metal was the first music that I listened to as a kid that wasn't something that my parents got me into. Well, unless you count Vanilla Ice!

000348012W.jpg

Who, I will note, did turn metal.

Like the rest of the sheep I switched to grunge the very first time that I heard Nevermind. I regret that. I embraced new metal when it came out as a delightful replacement for grunge. I am surprised at how many aging hipsters pretend like they never liked new metal. I consider Break Stuff to be a good song with neither irony nor apology.

Also, heavy metal was the last genre of music made by musicians who could actually play their instrument. It might therefore qualify as the last popular music. People still make pop, but it could be argued that the styles that supplanted metal are not actual music.

I played drums in a metal-style garage band in high school. My band mates were some of the better friends that I've ever had.

Saw Metallica play. Saw Tommy Lee. Saw Electric Six play on a boat, no less. Best heavy metal band that I ever saw was actually the Toadies. Not kidding. And I saw a few dozen decent garage bands play.

I reconnected with metal again after I got bored of emo. Hung out in Freenode's heavy metal chat room basically until there stopped being a Freenode. Was really happy with Metalgate. Promoted a doom metal band in NYC for a bit.

9/10, would repeat. If my next girl ends up being interested in music, I'll probably try to talk her into promoting bands with me. Music promotion is about the funnest thing that most people can simply walk into.

maxresdefault.jpg

But remember, one still cannot simply walk into Mordor.
I look like a fat hippy in real life, but people mistake me for a metal head. I mean, I get it.

Willie-Nelson-1572362596-1280x858.jpg

No, sorry. I don't know how to play any metal songs.

But what ruined metal for me was during the pandemic I was in NYC. I have quite a few cool stories about that, but they are perhaps tales for a different evening. Anyway, what turned me off was how ovic the metal crowd was during the lockdown. Seeing grown men in their 30's that still collect action figure toys, walking the streets wearing jolly-roger masks took what remaining respect I had for the metal crowd.

It was time for me to move on.

How about you? What was the last good metal band you saw?

5bc24896dda4c8c0768b463f.png

This is what 300 angry polka fans look like

If I have to fight something bigger than me, I mostly listen to Flatt and Scruggs to get pumped up.

sounds like fun!

ya gotta take a rip or 2 while you're peaking on LSD - have you done that?

that was one of the best experiences ive ever had and i only did that a few months ago for the first time ever
How would you describe that experience? Gonna trip at a canyon on 2 tabs tommorow and was playing with the idea of bringing the dmt vape. Never done it before but I'm probably gonna dive in tomorrow. What madness can I expect?

That looks like a good set up Kink. I have a dedicated glass pipe. I am on my third one though, so that’s how long I’ve been doing DMT. I don’t do it a lot, but for sure a several times a year.
I find you have to take one big hit of DMT correctly and then you’re gone.

I also have a dedicated Salvia pipe, it is more in the form of a tobacco pipe. I am also on my third one of those, yes, I do blastoff on Salvia several times a year.

There are so many drugs that are talked about on this board, and I’ve stuck really to the basics. I need a cactus trip in though, I gotta find a day to do that.
What keeps bringing you back to salvia? I do the same with.enhanced leaf. Sometimes a little dysphoric and intense but never boring. I genuinely believe the reputation as a healing plant. Usually gives me some form of antidepressant type tertiary effect.

How would you describe that experience? Gonna trip at a canyon on 2 tabs tommorow and was playing with the idea of bringing the dmt vape. Never done it before but I'm probably gonna dive in tomorrow. What madness can I expect?
I'd make sure you're in a super safe environment for a first time dmt experience, and also wouldn't be combining it with anything either

Heh. I've been dying to talk about this with someone. I was for example listening to a fair amount of Guns and Roses my last week in South Carolina, which was the last time that I could really listen to music given that I now live in a cheap hotel.

No, I don't like metal.

Heavy metal was the first music that I listened to as a kid that wasn't something that my parents got me into. Well, unless you count Vanilla Ice!

000348012W.jpg

Who, I will note, did turn metal.

Like the rest of the sheep I switched to grunge the very first time that I heard Nevermind. I regret that. I embraced new metal when it came out as a delightful replacement for grunge. I am surprised at how many aging hipsters pretend like they never liked new metal. I consider Break Stuff to be a good song with neither irony nor apology.

Also, heavy metal was the last genre of music made by musicians who could actually play their instrument. It might therefore qualify as the last popular music. People still make pop, but it could be argued that the styles that supplanted metal are not actual music.

I played drums in a metal-style garage band in high school. My band mates were some of the better friends that I've ever had.

Saw Metallica play. Saw Tommy Lee. Saw Electric Six play on a boat, no less. Best heavy metal band that I ever saw was actually the Toadies. Not kidding. And I saw a few dozen decent garage bands play.

I reconnected with metal again after I got bored of emo. Hung out in Freenode's heavy metal chat room basically until there stopped being a Freenode. Was really happy with Metalgate. Promoted a doom metal band in NYC for a bit.

9/10, would repeat. If my next girl ends up being interested in music, I'll probably try to talk her into promoting bands with me. Music promotion is about the funnest thing that most people can simply walk into.

maxresdefault.jpg

But remember, one still cannot simply walk into Mordor.
I look like a fat hippy in real life, but people mistake me for a metal head. I mean, I get it.

Willie-Nelson-1572362596-1280x858.jpg

No, sorry. I don't know how to play any metal songs.

But what ruined metal for me was during the pandemic I was in NYC. I have quite a few cool stories about that, but they are perhaps tales for a different evening. Anyway, what turned me off was how ovic the metal crowd was during the lockdown. Seeing grown men in their 30's that still collect action figure toys, walking the streets wearing jolly-roger masks took what remaining respect I had for the metal crowd.

It was time for me to move on.

How about you? What was the last good metal band you saw?

5bc24896dda4c8c0768b463f.png

This is what 300 angry polka fans look like

If I have to fight something bigger than me, I mostly listen to Flatt and Scruggs to get pumped up.

Well, sounds like you sort of liked some metal at some point and you respect some of it in that you recognize that a lot of metal bands have skill. I have to point out though, The Toadies are NOT metal. Not sure what you'd consider them, but I'm sure 9 out of 10 metalheads, if not all 10, wouldn't consider them metal. Vanilla Ice had a really bad hardcore album, but most wouldn't call it real metal. Guns n' Roses are more hard rock, but they are classic.

What does "ovic" stand for in this sentence: "what turned me off was how ovic the metal crowd was during the lockdown"?

So, you lost respect for it because a lot of metal heads are childlike/childish in some ways? I mean, ok, but that just doesn't matter to me. For one, there's some pride for some people in being "geeks." There are comic book geeks, for instance, and video game geeks, of all ages, and they don't get mocked so much. Metal is full of very passionate fans and they usually don't care what anyone else thinks, and much of the time we are also into things like horror movies, comic books, dark literature, etc.

But I am not one of the more "out there" metal heads anymore in the sense that I haven't dressed like a metal head in years, I don't go to many concerts, etc. I have plugs/gauges in both ears and earrings, but that's about the only clue you'd usually have that I might be into heavy music. I have a massive cd/vinyl collection and posters on my wall, but I don't show those to most people. I only wear metal shirts really if I'm going to a metal concert. Back as a teenager and during my early 20s I was always wearing black, metal shirts, leather jacket, chain wallet, bracelets, etc, but I just don't really feel like dressing that way anymore most of the time at my age. I also used to play guitar many years ago (eventually got burnt out on it and couldn't find a good metal-oriented teacher) and played for a VERY short time in one band in college. We played one show, a grand total of 3 songs, and I messed up on the last one hahah (but I nailed our 2nd, and most complex song, perfectly.)

The last metal show I saw was somewhere around maybe like 8 years ago give or take, and it was Cannibal Corpse and Cattle Decapitation, both great bands IMO, and they put on a great show.

I listen to metal most often on headphones, either wireless ones with my Iphone or sometimes plug in sound cancelling ones with my Ipod classic. I don't even usually put it on loud in terms of external speakers. I just have all these bands I love, and I sometimes go on Encyclopedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (best metal site online IMO) to talk about metal, but I haven't been on there in forever.

But, do you at least recognize that not all metal bands sound the same? Because that's a big problem amongst many people who say they don't like it.

And if you have any interest, I can post videos of a number of different metal bands who may surprise you with how unique and different they are. For example, you have bands like the Swiss band Eluvietie who play folk metal by mixing all kinds of unique European pagan type instruments with melodic death metal, you have Finntroll who mix Polka with black metal, you have Diablo Swing Orchestra who mix Swing with death metal. When have you ever heard a swing band that plays metal or an opera singer that sometimes plays metal? It doesn't happen, but metal bands will gladly open their minds and mix in all styles of music, which goes to show that it's a very open minded genre. So yeah, if you want to hear anything that I like and think is interesting (though you probably won't like most of it) then just let me know.

Just curious, but do you like black metal when NOT on DMT? lol. Cause I'm a huge metalhead and I love it (obviously not ALL black metal bands) However, that doesn't mean it's going to be good on all substances. I've only tripped on shrooms, LSD and Salvia, but I would say it usually would probably not be great on any of them...
I do love all types of metal, but it just colored the experience in such a negative and unpleasant way I definitely won't ever repeat it. Even though psychedelics interfere with sensory processing music is a big influencer on the setting

I do love all types of metal, but it just colored the experience in such a negative and unpleasant way I definitely won't ever repeat it. Even though psychedelics interfere with sensory processing music is a big influencer on the setting
Yeah, I'd agree that usually metal doesn't go too well with psychedelics (it goes GREAT with weed for me, but I don't consider weed a true psychedelic). During one particular acid trip in highschool I remember enjoying listening to Mr.Bungle (one of the trippier metal bands) and Suicidal Tendencies "Trip at the Brain" haha, but other than that, I don't think I've usually listened to metal while tripping. I don't trip a lot either anyway, but yeah, I would usually want something a bit more mellow. I do think I could enjoy Black Sabbath while tripping though. I mean, it really all depends on my exact mood. During my last 2 shroom trips I didn't want to listen to or do anything other than sit outside and stare at nature.

Ironically, the military experimented with using acid to interrogate people. It didn't work, in fact the LSD made people resistant to coercion. It gave people a sense of well being.

I question if DMT would do much better.
If you haven't seen it, check out the Netflix series "Wormwood" about the CIA's acid experiments (basically part of MK-Ultra) in the early 50s, which led to the highly questionable "suicide" of Frank Olsen in 1953. The whole thing was made by his son who was looking into the truth of how his father died. Some very dark conspiratorial stuff.