• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT not working? Surefire way to blast off? (first post)

rollawaydew

Greenlighter
I obtained DMT from a very reputable source. I tried sandwiching it between layers of ash, between layers of cannabis, using a "crack pipe", and making enhanced leaf with mullein. I experienced zero effects from these methods. When a crack pipe was used, it melted and traveled away from the flame like DMT should. Should I try something else? Perhaps the DMT is not real? Next time I obtain DMT I want to blast off and waste as little as possible. Mixing with MAOI's is not an option because I am on an SNRI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't recommend snorting it. Crack pipe works great as long as you don't burn it too hot. How long are you holding your hits in for? Hold it in for at least 20 seconds for full effect, it's not like herb. Also taking one massive hit works better than a few little ones.

the SNRI you are taking might blunt the effects of the DMT because of serotonin receptor downregulation.

^I think the effect would be minimal. DMT is pretty agressive once it gets in. :) I'd say its probably not DMT, or perhaps just impure.

You could try chasing the dragon, just foil and gentle flame. I've never needed to do anything except pack it in a bong ontop of a little bed of weed, and just smoke it. Massively interdimensional shit ensues.

No SWIM. It offers you no protection legally, makes posts difficult/annoying to read, and is against the Bluelight User Agreement (see link at the bottom of my post to read the BLUA).

If you snort it, try to not sniffle after. The drip doesn't help (nor feel good) so if you can keep as much in the nostril as long as possible, you're golden. Make two 75mg lines, take one up each nostril, deal with the momentary burn, it will be feeling fine by the time you break through. And yes, you need more when snorting than if you were to smoke it. But no need for MAOI if snorting.

Best of luck,

I would warn against insufflating DMT. In the forms i've encountered it, it is extremely corrosive stuff.

It's not a fun burn at first, but after 5-10 minutes it's gone.

For comparison, 2CB burns far worse.

SpaceJunk, there really any harm in snorting? Or just the pain? I do it so rarely I never really concerned myself

The one time i tried it, it seemed to give a chemical burn that hurt for a couple of days.
I believe converting dmt to a fumarate can lessen the corrosive nature of the substance, but i've never snorted 2C-x chemicals to make a comparison.
I just prefer to vaporise it using the "sandwich" method, being careful not to let the flame hit the bowl and incinerate the dmt. Or make changa or enhanced herbs.

I really don't like snorting any drugs other than pure cocaine and OxyContin

Every RC or psych I've tried and snort just hurt like hell and hurting like hell is the last thing I want when tripping

I would never advise it

But some people just love putting things up there nose I guess!!?!