• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT: My adventures so far...

jambourgie

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.

This isn't a question, or a post asking for any specific advice. Just my thoughts after experimenting with DMT for about the last six or so months. Feel free to chip in with your thoughts or suggestions.

So, I first started experimenting about six months ago. I'm experienced with psychedelic drugs since the 90's but had never gotten around to trying DMT. I also had a bit of fear, or healthy respect, and possibly thought it wasn't the right time or set to be trying it previously. But just recently, things are going well, and DMT seemed to make itself available to me. So here we are.

From the offset I decided that I wasn't going to push it. There's no rush, I would get it out at the weekend and simply experiment and kind of feel my way naturally. I did a bit of reading online to gather the basics; safety, dosage, routes of admission etc. I decided to start out on the oil burner 'meth pipe'. Mainly because it was cheap and I didn't want to invest hundreds in some elaborate contraption only to hate the experience and never use it again.

After a while, I generally I wasn't having much luck with this ROA. And especially at the recommended dosages. And I once managed to burn it which really hurt my throat. It wasn't all bad though, It was a good introduction, If I hit it right I'd lie down and kind of look at a lamp above my head but with my eyes closed. This kind of illuminated the closed eye visuals, which were, literally awesome. Like being in some huge room of colourful moving clockwork machinery, or in the presence of a squid-like colossal creature... so beautiful, so profound, yet so hard to describe.

Basically, that's as far as I got with the meth pipe at that time. I wasn't breaking through, which wasn't really an issue as I was in no rush. But I was concerned that I was wasting it. So I began to look at alternative ROA's. After looking online I began to get a bit frustrated as there seemed to be a lot of forum threads dedicated to the subject, but with every single poster recommending a different product/method. Smoking it in a bong was out because I don't generally smoke weed, and as a reformed cigarette smoker I didn't want to have to 'acquire' ash in order to sandwich it etc. So I decided to try vaping it electronically which appealed to me with its portability, ease of use and lack of mess etc. I bought a CCELL Silo vape, some CCELL cartridges with 2mm holes, two small bottles of the 'juices', PG and VG, and together with some DMT, I resumed my journey.

After some research, I decided to make a mix with a ratio of 50/50 with the PG juice. (please respond if you have any tips regarding ratios/vapes etc) I much preferred this ROA, even though, still I wasn't breaking through. But just to be kind of tripping for ten minutes or so from a little device in your pocket was amazing. I was also inexperienced with vaping itself, having never vaped anything before, so by the time I was starting to 'get it', the product was running out. When I got more in and refilled the cartridges it felt like they were somewhat blocked and didn't work as well. So I'll get fresh ones next time...

Around this time I also tried snorting it. I was clearing up after filling the cartridges and had some loose DMT on the table. I don't recommend this. It certainly works, but it does hurt the nose which overrides everything in my experience.

Which leads me to the last bit, the best bit. and a good reason to write all this down before embarking on the next chapter of my adventures with this substance. I had some DMT left. I don't know how much, but from looking at it I'd say the size of a small grape or large pea :). The vape cartridges seemed to be blocked so I thought I'd revisit the old meth pipe. By this stage I'd kind of grown some balls and was becoming a bit frustrated at never getting very far with it, so I just poured it all into the pipe, knowing that I couldn't overdose and do any harm. I laid back on my chaise longue in a darkened room and lit it. Well, I don't whether I suddenly got the technique right, or maybe all the remnants of six months worth of experiments suddenly vaporised, but I got a hit like I'd never got before, never seen so much vapour, I took as much as I good and held it. What happened next was akin to being fired out of a cannon into space., white light rushing by. I can't remember anything after that, except I had the feeling of witnessing something massive, of looking into God's face. It was as if my tiny brain couldn't comprehend the majesty of what I'd witnessed and just blocked it out. When I came back into my body I had the frozen WTAF! grin stuck on my face, and I was shouting things like "what the fuck! oh my fucking god!" etc etc. Even though I had 'come back', I opened my eyes and was tripping like I'd never tripped before. The room was filled with what looked like a massive pond-skater spider thing that was so big it was bunched up in the room. It had a long proboscis, needle type thing which I sensed was stuck in me. There was no fear, but an almost uncomfortable intensity, I had to make an effort to just 'let it be'. I had this feeling, that I'd actually had on previous attempts that smoking the DMT kind of makes you visible to, and attracts these creatures/aliens/insect life from another dimension... who knows, maybe they get something from you and in return you get an experience of sorts, mutually beneficial symbiosis...

Anyway, I'm rambling. That's just my own subjective interpretation, trying to make sense of it. That was the last time I did it and what a way to leave it. Can't wait for the next instalment!

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. I think I may invest in a Vaporgenie next for serious trips, and keep the electronic vape for walking through the woods etc.

Last edited:
After looking online I began to get a bit frustrated as there seemed to be a lot of forum threads dedicated to the subject, but with every single poster recommending a different product/method.
Yeah I have never seen any topic with such a diverse group of answers to "what is the best way to consume it". I have not had a great deal of success with the "meth Pipe". I usually just sandwhich it in a waterpipe. Some people swear by the "machine" (google DMT machine). I have yocan vape but that doesn't always work either. I have had some sucess with infused leaf / changa