• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT: Light Beings giving you glowing white liquid/essence to ingest?

The phenomena experienced on DMT are illusory. The world we preceptive isn't actually the world our eyes view. Our visual perception of reality is the product of how our brain interprets the data from our eyes and other senses. This process is evident where artist exploit this in optical illusions.

9cC8rm3.gif

rotating-dots-big.gif

Known as the Pac-Man illusion, this is an example of afterimage complementary color (green as opposite to lilac). Follow the movement of the rotating pink dot with your eyes and the dots will remain only one color, pink. But if you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot will turn green. (by Jeremy L. Hinton)

cube-big.jpg

identical-colors.jpg

Surface color of both A and B parts is identical. Just use a finger to cover the place where both parts meet and you'll see.

elephant-big.gif

building4-big.jpg

18dn0j58dv0wtjpg.jpg

This image is stationary.

Another example is the visual blind spot. Our visual system actually has large blind spots. Our brains compile data and fill in the blanks.

Constudblindspot.gif

Other variables such as opinion, mood, smell, taste, age, and what not influence the composite we perceive as our visual reality. DMT disrupts this process and as our brain attempts organizing sensory input we perceive an extremely distorted reality. Often our hallucinations have foundations in the stimuli we were processing earlier. If you were eating or drinking earlier perhaps the hallucinations could have an oral focus. If you were thinking of humans earlier perhaps your brains attempts at organizing the disrupted stimuli could result in the illusion of humanoid beings. Your experience could even get influenced by something your read.

If you want to go that route, it is just as easy to say that all perceived reality is an illusion manifested through the interaction of energy, produced from a quantum zero state, and interpreted by consciousness.

In that context, the psychedelic reality perceived by a consciousness under the influence of DMT is no more, nor no less of an illusion, than any other perceived reality.

I have had experiences resembling those the original comment describes. I consumed hallucinogenic drugs and hallucinated. At first I was naive and falsely considered those hallucinations reality. During that time I really wanted to believe that those hallucinations had cosmic significance. Then I became more experienced with psychedelics and studied human perception. I realized these experiences are only hallucinations.

Psychedelics remain valuable tools in comprehending our emotions, perception of reality, and psychology. The DMT experiences mentioned in the original comments have value and could foster personal growth. The hallucinations during psychedelic experiences are useful the same as the interpretation of dreams is useful in unraveling both the conscious and sub-conscious.

Stanislav Grof said:
In one of my early books I suggested that the potential significance of LSD and other psychedelics for psychiatry and psychology was comparable to the value the microscope has for biology or the telescope has for astronomy. My later experience with psychedelics only confirmed this initial impression. These substances function as unspecific amplifiers that increase the cathexis (energetic charge) associated with the deep unconscious contents of the psyche and make them available for conscious processing. This unique property of psychedelics makes it possible to study psychological undercurrents that govern our experiences and behaviours to a depth that cannot be matched by any other method and tool available in modern mainstream psychiatry and psychology.

Last edited:
The experience I shared in this thread was very meaningful for me, and knowing others have had it, this thread could be useful at some point. prune if you wish, if not, bump for prune