View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT - Is it right for me?

smson_420

Bluelighter
This sounds as crazy as it seems. I am not a fan of psychedelics at all. I have tried acid once in my life & it is the one drug I had zero interest to try again. Yet, I do enjoy a random casual mmj smoke, a little booze - I do like uppers, by I know my limits. Coke is a fav of mine, but I have stopped all of my uppers due to my steroid use & my size. I know it's just not a good idea, no matter how much I may think that I like it.

The only other drug that I somewhat have an interest in is MDMA. I only have done it two times up until a week ago where I did it the 3rd time. Along with trying MDA for the first time the next following day. I was not impressed with the feeling. It was very strong, even at the small amount that I have consumed(maybe a total of 250mg of MDMA the first night & 120mg of MDA the next night. I felt completely out of place & just plain out too high to fuction well.

Following the use of the MDA I slept for close to 14 hours.

The next day I felt just fine & got back to normal every day sober living.

On the 3rd night I had an extremely lucid dream(I had them the previous two nights, but nothing memorable at all). In this dream I met a Dr. online friend I know. She vividly stated to me that I should try DMT. Upon hearing DMT I woke up.

I have barely heard the term DMT, I had no clue what it does up until now. I have been researching it all week & I have never really heard about it. It never sparked interest from what I barely have heard.

So I have been just bringing up the thought, can this stuff change my life somehow? I am totally content with my life as it currently is, nothing is bad or way out of the ordinary. Just your average every day living.

Can it actually have a deep positive effect? Just wanna hear someone else's opinion - My woman thinks I am just being retarded. But, this just does not seem like a common occurrence.

Your story is really interesting.

Here at Bluelight, however, we will never suggest that a person do a drug they were not already personally decided on doing in the first place. We can only provide information on the safest way to do something you're already going to do no matter what anyone tells you. Officially, I recommend you don't try DMT. If you want information on DMT, I recommend you look into the Psychedelic Index here and read the Big and Dandy threads, Erowid experience reports, etc. to read first-hand accounts. There you will find hundreds upon hundreds of first-hand account of, yes, very deep positive effects from smoking DMT. For debates about the legitimacy of claimed insights in altered states of consciousness, just google around. There's lots said on it. Hoffman's book LSD: My Problem Child and http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/drugs-and-the-meaning-of-life article are maybe places to start.

Be safe, traveller.

Thank you for the reply

Oh yes, I understand that no one should suggest someone to do any substance.

I am just going by the set of events that I see. It is just way out of the norm for something like this to put itself together. I had no clue what DMT was all about whatsoever before researching it after hearing the letters bright as day along with the full chemical name in this dream. This to me is so close to mind boggling along with the fact that it was so vivid that it stuck with me. 99.9% of other dreams never seem to for me

I have read quite a bit of information this week on the subject along with watching countless videos. But, like most drugs or very odd things - It's not something that could be told

My main thought about this is that I don't need another hardcore hallucinogenic substance, but more of the question - can this substance seriously alter my state of mind for the positive? If I had to ask myself this question towards the other drugs that I have tried - The answer would be 100% no. I don't see any long term positives to be gained from doing, MDA, MDMA, Acid or doing coke. It's just a high & know it

I went on an ayahuasca retreat recently, and your story is oddly familiar. Ayahuasca is a drink used for healing in the Amazon, and it is a combination of a plant and a vine, which contain DMT and an MAOi to make it orally active.

One of the women on the retreat had heard about ayahuasca through a dream. In the dream, she asked for a way to help her with her problems, and the answer she heard was "madre aya," or "mother ayahuasca" in English. She woke up right after that, wrote the words down, and then soon after went on the retreat.

Can't see it being worth your while to try a psychedelic if you don't enjoy psychedelics smson.

I'm not surprised you found 250 milligrams of MDMA to be overwhelming. That is a very strong dose. I used it regularly years ago (back when E pills in my area were actually MDMA and averaged 80-100 milligrams) yet I only did more than 200 milligrams on a couple of occasions. Generally, 160-200 milligrams would have me absolutely floored.

As to whether or not you should try DMT, that's a very personal question and decision. I've done my fair share of psychedelics, but still find DMT intimidating. For me, smoked DMT was a completely reality shattering event. It was both beautiful and intensely terrifying. I would (and soon will) do it again though. I generally recommend it to people who wish to view the extreme outer limits of the potential of their own mind. But be prepared, it's not for the faint of heart.

Can't see it being worth your while to try a psychedelic if you don't enjoy psychedelics smson.

Well, I am not looking to use this by any means as a recreational type drug.

From everything I have read and seen so far, it is as close to possibly life changing as one drug can come.

I have seen the intensity of people's description of this substance.

Usually when it comes to new drugs, I just jump on. "Hey, might as well try it & see how it goes". But, this seems so different. . . . I have never been scared off by a drug that I had interest in. But, this one gives me the chills. It's like a window that I am frightened to open. The presentation of this to myself is a huge part. Nothing in my close to 35 years of living was this memorable or vivid within a dream & once I am awake.

Usually dreams are just dreams, with typical oddness. Here - There wasn't any. I asked my Md. "Friend" What should I do about this semi empty boring with life feeling I typically have. I got my answer in three letters & a the full term which I could not remember. Then I wake up & a week later remembering & recalling the event like it was moments ago.

Id have to say no... When you are ready for dmt you should have no doubt in your mind. dmt is not a recreational drug it's an experience where you have to commit to letting go of yourself completely. If you don't enjoy psychs, you won't enjoy dmt

If you don't enjoy psychs, you won't enjoy dmt

I enjoy psychedelics a great deal, but I wouldn't say that I "enjoy" DMT in any traditional sense of the word. I understand that some people seem to enjoy it. I, on the other hand, find it to be an experience far beyond and outside of the normal definition of recreation. It's... an experience. It's hard to put it into positive or negative terms, it simply "is".

I don't feel as if it's a particularly bad idea to try DMT. As I've said, I generally recommend it to mature persons who wish to have a world changing intense experience, while also making it very clear that it is not fun and is not something to take lightly. Approached from a somber and serious perspective, it can be a powerful catalyst in changing your view of reality.

Well, I am not looking to use this by any means as a recreational type drug.

From everything I have read and seen so far, it is as close to possibly life changing as one drug can come.

I have seen the intensity of people's description of this substance.

I usually use it orally rather than smoked - that way it gives you about 90 minutes instead of 90 seconds. I wouldn't call it life-changing or that different to LSD or mushrooms. It's a beautiful experience and a wonderful psychedelic. It's a bit much to expect it to be life-changing.

Id have to say no... When you are ready for dmt you should have no doubt in your mind. dmt is not a recreational drug it's an experience where you have to commit to letting go of yourself completely. If you don't enjoy psychs, you won't enjoy dmt

How can you know your ready? you can think you are, but until you try it...you won't know.
Also, for most people, DMT is recreational with the side effect of introspection and insight.
If you don't enjoy it, then it's only medicine and nobody likes to take medicine...you'll get much more "work" done if you enjoy it...and if you're enjoying it...it's recreational.

How can you know your ready? you can think you are, but until you try it...you won't know.
Also, for most people, DMT is recreational with the side effect of introspection and insight.
If you don't enjoy it, then it's only medicine and nobody likes to take medicine...you'll get much more "work" done if you enjoy it...and if you're enjoying it...it's recreational.

Very well said

Well, I am 100% certain this is the next drug/medication I will be doing. I am not in a true hurry, but it will be done. What will it change within me, or how I look at things? I won't know until I do it

Things like this don't just happen, not to me at least - I can't overlook this, it just seems too odd to do so

Do not overlook the dream. It has happened for a reason. Nothing is coincidence in this life, smson_420.

Good luck on the beginning of your journey :)