• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction Tek....ADDENDUM

Chemy Folk,

Lots of days of testing and research. A/B and STB methods produce the same results listed below.

I have discovered that i love the red solvent.
So long as the jars have been incubated at 85-90 % for at least 12 hours from the first roll, the red hue actually lets us know there are really good things happening.

Removing the solvent from the top an immediately transferring to a separatory funnel, right away the solvent goes cloudy...and as the solvent cools off to room temp...it just begins snowing inside the funnel...snowing perfect little crystals of wonder. these are allowed to collect at the bottom of the funnel before being released into a capture jar. they are then drained of any remaining solvent and dried. they are perfect little shard crystals..no need to refine any further...

the rest of the solvent is still FP'd and produces normal results..my guess is the hotter the solvent it not only collects more than it can carry...but so much that crystals form at room temp...exciting.

and as the red solvent cools to room temp and it continues to release room temp precipitated crystals ( this can be done effectively and consistently) the color also settles at the bottom as well, as it cools...takes about 12 hours or more for the red and solvent to completely separate...it may be that the red is an indication that the solvent is over capacity for absorption? idk...ive been a kitchen chemist for more than half my life...love this side of the kitchen...but have so much to learn...love the form of crystal that is produced by what i am calling Gravity Pull. high heat, time, room temp and gravity and more time....lots of time in fact.

so i dont think the red brown is any problem that needs to be dealt with...i think using a funnel and patience will sort it out.
also for the emulsions i hear about...i tested that out...seems that its not a true emulsion, it seems that (and more tests will happen) some of the solvent become trapped or suspended in the mixture...this is a type of emulsion but it seem relatively easy to fix...strain the materials through a fine strainer...being sure to press all the juice out of the plant material...being sure to capture the juices...

once this has been done, place the mixture in the fridge to bring the temp down below room temp..but not below 45...its important not to begin the precipitation process for the solvent that is still hydrocolloided or absorbed by the bark (which is really what is happening mostly)...once its chilled out by about 10 to 15 below room temp, remove it from fridge and allow to slowly come back to room temp...at some point you should begin to see a layer appear...it all depends on how much was absorbed by the bark in the jars and well one squeezes it out...i also found the absorption/ emulsion tends to happen more often when the bark juice is depleted or close to it...idk yet officially if there is a connection provable

Shaking or rolling the jars matters not really...in fact the jars that have "emulsified" had already been used 4 or 5 times...never new jars or while still fruiting strong...so possible conclusion is that its possible emulsion isnt emulsion here...just dead or dying jars to begin with...unless one is shaking them like its a spray paint can...either way i have shown good results with the strain and chill method of resuscitation ...provided there was a recoverable amount lost in the first place.

and did i say how much red/brown solvent is my favorite??
perfect freezerless, almost no evap after draining solvent crystals and still produces more in the freezer and end color is from white to light yellow..win...

its amazing to watch these just appear out of nowhere in the funnel and snow down into the spout...like a funnel snow globe! the only issue is that when trimming the solvent layer closet to the bark juice...these crystals fall down and sink with the base layer...ive not yet found an effective way to clean them...possibly ammonia since that will clean the lye...but idk about the color yet...ill try it out and see what happens...normally not an issue without the red...it only does this snowing effects in the funnel and only if it red/brown....so there isnt normally much to worry about if there is some loss...but for the sake of science...i will find out why this happens and how to make the best of the process...im not sure yet but i may deliberately induce the red everytime...its more work and time to make it happen this way...so idk if the results are worth the time spent..but it sure is fun learning and figuring stuff out.
i thank everyone for their wisdoms..ive learned so much from you already...looking forward to continue learning...i kinda want to go to school for chemistry of some sort...

and im an idiot cause i just found how to add pics....ill add them later..im tired...good night

Last edited: