View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction Questions...

GreatArc

Greenlighter
Hi there. I am doing a straight to base DMT extraction. Pretty basic lye/naphtha polar extraction using Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark. I have basic questions for experienced folk:

1.) How long ideally should I leave the bark soaking in the basified water?

2.) Minimum?

3.) Is there any benefit to letting is soak and agitating it occasionally over the course of 3 days? A week? 3 weeks?

4.) Will I have dirtier pulls the longer I leave it? Or do 'dirtier' draws result more from the length of time the solvent spends being rolled through the mixture?

5.) I am fine with dirtier pulls to get more of the other psychoactive alkaloids out of the root bark, but at present, I am trying to simply pull and freeze the purest crystals I can before I start to experiment with 'jungle' spice. Does DMT get coaxed out first in the lye/water mixture and then it takes longer for the others? If so, how long for the DMT and how long for the others. Ideally, I am asking if anyone has anecdotal experience or knowledge about hitting the 'sweet spot' where I maximize DMT and minimize other alkaloids?

Thanks in advance, will post my own tek and extraction notes as I make adjustments to each batch and report the yield and quality of the crystals.
-GA.