• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dmt dosage advice

Bluelighter
Hello people of Bluelight! Let me tell you a bit about my psychedelic rap sheet. Im an experienced user with acid and shrooms. I've tried acid 4 times, first two times being RC's, last 2 times being real LSD. My last acid trip was 220ug and that was too much for me, the trip was very eye opening and too intense, i kinda don't wanna do acid until im older now.. My shroom trip was 3 grams of Cubensis and the trip wasn't all that but i visited that other realm. I have done extensive research on DMT, have watched endless documentaries, read books, i have studied this substance down to it's very core, im educated on it and im dying to try it. Here's where i need advice. I read on Erowid that a breakthrough dose is 50mg, should i vaporize 50mg my first time? I've read people say that you should do low doses first to get a feel of that other realm but im very open, i dont fear the unknown, im pretty sure i wont freak out. I believe i should do 50mg on my first time because either way, while you're on DMT, you dont really move, you enter somewhat of a trance or a deep sleep, could i be wrong though? Should i take a lower dose? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I haven't really been up to 50 mg I think, but only near it - and have had very immersive trips - serious dissociation, hyperspace, etc. I've vaped snorted and IMed it, DMT as synthetic, extract, and jungle spice. And that is not counting my crazy intense 5-MeO-DMT experiences and many others.

Some say that on the low end of the dose range it can be weird and anxious with one foot into the trip and not the other.. well to some extent I agree - especially if you account for the fact that the effectivity of the dosing is not always that good with vaporization since it can depend highly on technique (and this is so much more true for beginners, who need guidance and instruction where theory and practise successfully meet of course).

But if you don't have your technique down yet, your unpredictability for how much of the 50 mg will hit is also that much bigger.

Perhaps, I suppose if someone could guarantee, for example by other ROA like IM or IV, deliverance of the dose... then yes you can aim for a breakthrough and have it happen all the way, even as first timer. In reality, this is hard to achieve which is the main reason I do not recommend going in strong.
I would practice medium strength trips - 25-30 mg has been easily overwhelming for me in the sense of high-compressed nature of a vaped trip i.e. the 'flash' - first and get the technique down with some self-certainty, then proceed whenever you are ready.

But no sampling only a few mg or so to get a feel for it is not the way to go, I don't think it is comparable enough with other psychedelics because of the flash of vaping. When I have IMed it, it lasted longer but it didn't hit me in the face so abruptly. There is a 'wild' menacing or even kinda insane feeling to it at any dose, although full enough doses do tend to fix that by merit of the feelings of: comfort, salvation, things more sophisticated and profound than euphoria. Also, there is a sort of 'threshold', the trip has to be at least astonishing enough so that the astonishment leaves no time or space for emotional or rational reflection, each aspect of the experience is over before that is possible it seems. Which leaves bewilderment and amazement.

Don't understimate that the rapidity of the flash is nothing that the more dilated psychedelics can prepare you for. It's a little bit like presuming you need skill for a task that turns out to be extemporal (also here in the literal meaning "existing outside of time").

[allow the contradiction of definitions since a task could never be extemporal?]

What can indeed help for experience is being familiar with more 'remote' altered states of consciousness, to have a more accepting and therefore tolerating and positive mentality.

Last edited: