View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dmt chest tightness

shambo356

Greenlighter
The two times i have smoked dmt ,when i start to come up on it i get a really heavy chest like someones standing on me and my heart starts throbing and feels about the size of a football in my chest ,then goes up to my head , it feels like my body is pixalated and all the atoms in my body are squeezing tight. Not very comfortable for me, i do smoke ciggarettes and have asthma , have smoked for 9 years and am in my early twenties in good health. My doctor sais my lungs are in ok condition and my heart too. I do suffer from anxiety daily though..maby this is whats happening to me. But surely everyone is slightly anxious before the smoke dmt?
I would really like to experience full power of dmt because i am a very spiritual person and interested in this drug. I have taken many things before but have never had such intense body sensations.
Is this usual haha? Thanks

That's pretty much the reason I don't touch smoked DMT, and I have mild asthma. Basically, you're smoking a chemical, so...

Practice breathing into your lower abdomen. Feel those muscles stretch out.

Practice rooting your sense of existence in your torso, not your head.

Do whatever you need to do these things.

DMT is an intense energy surge *upwards*. It puts a lot of focus on the higher chakras (or portion of the body, however you want to see it). So grounding is incredibly important.

You're almost certainly experiencing anxiety, but that doesn't make its effects any less real.

Could very well be your asthma homeslice.
How do you load the bowl?
I find the most successful placement:
Ashes
DMT
Ashes

Sandwiching dmt between cigarette ashes. I don't smoke cigarettes so I previously tried to use shisha ashes which is harsh on the lungs and produced that chest discomfort you mention mate. Cigarette ashes are perfect.

Are you sedentary with your back straight when you toke? Lungs need to be in a good position to inhale and exhale such a volume of smoke.

Ya, im usually anxious before I rip it, but as soon as I flick the flame, I'm ready to go

I agree with RhythmSpring on this one. The chest tightness occurs for me when I'm not letting go and giving into the experience.

DMT is an intense energy surge *upwards*. It puts a lot of focus on the higher chakras (or portion of the body, however you want to see it). So grounding is incredibly important.

You're almost certainly experiencing anxiety, but that doesn't make its effects any less real.
Your right man good idea breathing relaxation before hand

Could very well be your asthma homeslice.
How do you load the bowl?
I find the most successful placement:
Ashes
DMT
Ashes

Sandwiching dmt between cigarette ashes. I don't smoke cigarettes so I previously tried to use shisha ashes which is harsh on the lungs and produced that chest discomfort you mention mate. Cigarette ashes are perfect.

Are you sedentary with your back straight when you toke? Lungs need to be in a good position to inhale and exhale such a volume of smoke.

Ya, im usually anxious before I rip it, but as soon as I flick the flame, I'm ready to go
Cool man il try it out , i was just putting it in a hash pipe and inhaling.

I think you can either try to explain it as the sum of the acute (side)effects of DMT on receptors like adrenoceptors... or holistically as the emergent total effect of those actions, since the appear to be experienced as shifts in energy. I can think of nothing else than that that energy is what the complete synergistic orchestration of incomprehensibly complex nervous / pharmacological / endocrine systems feels like to us.

Hi Shambo, I have learned in Peru from Shamans that trauma sits in the chest and abdomen.
In the book DMT Spiritual molecule a women talks about releasing her trauma which was in
her abdomen.

I am not speaking as a MD so these are my assumptions, conclusions and experience with people
who have Asthma in my family/ friends!

How do you feel in general in the World can you let go and trust your self and others, do you already
suffer from anxiety during your day!? If yes how do you like to have a pleasant trip with psychedelics?

If we look at Asthma as an emotional disease caused by suppressed emotions and stress, you basically
feel this BLOCK while on DMT. I think that you might have problems of letting your self fully go into
the experience (maybe even in you life), letting go and accepting your self and the experience because of
(your past) the blocks.

Psychedelics have the tendency to show us blocks and and issues, maybe you want to go into these experience
with the question where do I have those blocks from and how can I release them?!

I wonder what other substances did you take before smoking dmt, what activities did you do before hand?
Do you have in general challenging trips on psychedelics ?

I totally agree with the answers above that Meditation and music, breathing, drawing painting etc. can
help you to ground your self and are good activities before you smoke it. Let me know if that helped!

>o_O<

Yeah, that happens to me to and when I smoke 5-meo-dmt this tightness is even more intense. I also feel it in my throat and sometimes feel like vomiting (Although DMT never made me puke).
I don't think this is simply related to breathing problems like asthma.

What do you mean by "grounding"?
I have already "played" with the energy that passes through my body. I can easily move it up and down, although I don't feel it so strongly and clearly in my kundalini chakra as I feel it in my third eye.
So with grounding you mean trying to concentrate this energy in our lower body parts? Do you know of any kind of exercise which could help achieving that?
Those physical sensations have been ruining DMT for me lately. Funny thing is it used to be very pleasurable before.

OP, the person in this video is a great example of what You are talking about.
It's like its harder for Him to breathe or somethin' of sorts...