• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health DMT and Schizophrenia

There is no cure to Schizophrenia because we do not understand this phenomena adequately. The closest we have got is thinking of the symptoms caused by a dopamine deficiency, yet there is no conclusive proof, and in some cases the contrary comes to light. The only thing one can do is manage it, and certain psychedelics can help come to a better subjective understanding of one's illness, but only in controlled circumstances and even then doing such a thing will not be advisable in the foreseeable future.

When I was experiencing schizo I was on 3 different antipsychotics and none of them helped at all. I continued taking them for for a year as some sort of placebo relief.

there are also very high functioning schizophernics out there like the movie a beautiful mind in college we had post doc math researchers who were schizophrenic who could just whip solutions out of thin air for extreme complex cutting edge math.

Mad geniuses have propelled this world foward. 1960's they were able to cure some shcizophernics with LSD by having the therapist also take it medium to high doses and go inside the shcizophernics mind on the trip together and guide them out and rewire their thoughts. Doing this alone somebody is more likely to just damage and disorder their mind more. But if totally done right it is a possible cure but requires a very advanced therapist who knows LSD very well with many trips and is willing to take the dangers of also fragmenting their own mind in healing the other person.
I could see this potential. As a crazy person myself, who has trauma-linked auditory hallucinations while sober on occasion (or im being drugged or gaslit idk lol), I really am hoping to experience this some day. I could also see something like ketamine working well for this, though not nearly to the extent of LSD, nd maybe not even possible in the same way.

And I really don't think the therapist should need to take the lsd as well, though i certainly trust people who take the lsd with me better, for a therapist maybe even better they don't. Understanding lsd and having had many trips before sure.

Unless of course there is some application of its telepathic/collective hivemind overawareness side effects?

Last edited:
Ketamine might be bad for trauma linked hallucinations. Ive had schizophrenic thoughts about having multiple personalities on(too much) ketamine. So dont take it as a free way to cure your brain. Right mindset and those kinda things are more than important. Dosing especially.

I had 3-4 really high dose bad trips before getting psychotic for the first time. Just one good is enough to end the cycle, I hope. Be careful.

Yeah it just induced a very manic state Recently, still ongoing now like almost a week later. However it does seem to have a sort of "imprinting" effect like lsd does

I dont know. I'm not having any hallucinations but im alone at the moment. I've had suicidal thoughts/encouraging auditory "hallucinations". I've considered going to the hospital, and also considered dying. Considering id only ever want to die if I was in some danger of something worse than death for no good reason, and after lifelong contemplation there is no good reason to even worry about anything but the best future and, and im not sure how paranoid I am given some of my trauma and threats I've had im not sure man. Taking any drugs even antipsychotics is probably a bad idea right now, considering the worst case scenario or the best, which the latter would be this is all ptsd based symptoms which is documented to be possible. I get my valium and pregabalin refilled in a few days. I won't be doing ketamine anymore for at least a few months, as time will heal me better than it could (or it could make it worse as it did this time)

Last night, after a day of being unaware of whether or not I was being gaslit or having bad hearing/auditory hallucinations all day, I felt like I had been drugged, not while having the auditory hallucinations but while seeing lysergic visuals, as if someone was typing across my field of vision. Nearly illegible letters. I felt sober during the auditory stuff.. It was brief and in all my history of even drug induced psychosis I've never seen anything at all especially like that.

They differ. I got alot of the same kinda hallucinations and voices but they still differ. Its kind of ocd heavy for me. Just give it time and maybe you will find a tripsitter that might help you? One of my old friends is a schizophrenic tripsitter and hes pretty much a shaman.

Yeah, if you start hearing voices on dmt, shit man. I cant even explain it in words. More than little risky, maybe not if youre having a tripsitter who is experienced in schizophrenic symptoms.
Why would voices during a psychedelic experience surprise anybody or later put them on edge? It has to be part of the experience and based on what is going on one can deciper truths about onself. Psychedelics are, after all, psychotomimetic.

Thats a good point. I was talking about my personal experiences with too high doses and getting loopy. Youre right about one having to use it as a tool to get to know the real person. The next time Im gonna trip, its gonna be in the nature.

was reading an interesting study that seems to support the idea DMT promotes neurogenesis...

...in mice, ofc

Adult male C57/BL6 mice (3-months old) were used in this study

Still, it supports anecdotal evidence of this having effect in humans also

was reading an interesting study that seems to support the idea DMT promotes neurogenesis...

I don't think neurogenesis is necessarily always a good thing. Just like promoting a tree growth, doesn't mean the tree is going to grow in a positive way that will help it.

Just my quick thought on it.

I don't think neurogenesis is necessarily always a good thing. Just like promoting a tree growth, doesn't mean the tree is going to grow in a positive way that will help it.

Just my quick thought on it.

I get what you're saying but if we accept the OP's premise that DMT is curing schizophrenic voices then why would evidence that DMT causes neurogenesis be a negative?

There's a related thread where I think @Alex_1991 was saying that this problem can be caused by deterioration of the myelin sheath protecting nerve axons, something that the study actually mentions as well:

Some studies have demonstrated that DMT also binds with low affinity to non-serotonergic receptors, such as the sigma-1 receptor (S1R). The S1R, traditionally thought to be an opioid receptor, is now classified as a highly conserved transmembrane protein member of an orphan family and located mainly in the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum. σR‐1 is widespread in the CNS, mainly in the prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, and striatum19. Interestingly, in mammals, one of the natural endogenous ligands of the σR-1 is DMT14. This receptor has been associated with several cellular functions, including the brain, such as lipid transport, metabolism regulation, cellular differentiation, signaling (in response to stress), cellular protection against oxidant agents, myelination and, most recently, neurogenes.20,21,22,23,24

I'm not really sure why they label it S1R first then suddenly switch, but σR-1 = S1R

I get what you're saying but if we accept the OP's premise that DMT is curing schizophrenic voices then why would evidence that DMT causes neurogenesis be a negative?

There's a related thread where I think @Alex_1991 was saying that this problem can be caused by deterioration of the myelin sheath protecting nerve axons, something that the study actually mentions as well:

I'm not really sure why they label it S1R first then suddenly switch, but σR-1 = S1R
Yes the myelin sheaths in both schizophrenia and chronic meth use are compromised and that’s a root cause for the hallucinations and psychosis. Kind of like the wires are frayed, signals crossed.

the dmt could be acting on an entirely different mechanism, perhaps one much more psychological in nature.

of course it as affecting neurotransmission, but the insights gained from their conscious experience may be more useful to study than trying to dissect all of the pharmacology

the dmt could be acting on an entirely different mechanism, perhaps one much more psychological in nature.

of course it as affecting neurotransmission, but the insights gained from their conscious experience may be more useful to study than trying to dissect all of the pharmacology

Bruh all we do here is study the conscious experience :p

This is quite dangerous advice.

Mixing psychedelics (a drug we dont know shit all about) with schizophrenia (a debilitating mental illness we know even less about).

Ofc I'm not against the idea of research into alternative treatment options for schizophrenia, in fact I staunchly believe we will find out better treatment options through some wildcard drug or treatment.

We just need to remember that the only way we will find it is through rigorous study and the application of the scientific method. Now this may come out of independent research, in fact it will most likely come out of papers published by amateur (rather than ppl who get published in journals).

tl;dr
Giveing schizos trippy drugs could harm them but we need more research into what ever the fuck is going on in our heads.

This is quite dangerous advice.

Mixing psychedelics (a drug we dont know shit all about) with schizophrenia (a debilitating mental illness we know even less about).

Ofc I'm not against the idea of research into alternative treatment options for schizophrenia, in fact I staunchly believe we will find out better treatment options through some wildcard drug or treatment.

We just need to remember that the only way we will find it is through rigorous study and the application of the scientific method. Now this may come out of independent research, in fact it will most likely come out of papers published by amateur (rather than ppl who get published in journals).

tl;dr
Giveing schizos trippy drugs could harm them but we need more research into what ever the fuck is going on in our heads.
lol the research was already done in the 1950s and 60s proving psychedelics can cure shcizophernia if undetaken in a proper setting with a trained therapist who knows how to enter the shcizos mind both on LSD or psychedelics to rewire them.

DMT has a special place in my heart for A while I use to consider it something like my religion, read strassmans book and done a whole lot of it, I have doubts it will cure anything and in fact it can do more damage than good if the wrong person takes it, your talking a extremely powerful hallucinagen