• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT and Religion, The inaccuracies in reported effects due to religious thought.

My experience, knowledge, and teachings I've received all guide me toward the general advice that it's foolish to mess with high level psychedelic use without adequate protections. People will call this new age mumbo jumbo but I don't really care. You need only consult traditional mystic cultures on their protective methods to see there is a common trend among all of them. The real ayahuasqueros who are lineage practitioners - you know, the ones who aren't selling tourist packages to anyone who will pay - know about these protections and use them. If you don't have protections in place prior to entering the trip, then you are inviting trouble. I mean, think about the jungle. On the physical plane it's already the most biologically dense place on Earth. It's pretty much that way on the non-material too. These lineage practitioners have been taught protections from the time they were born... if you aren't dealing with a strong lineage practitioner in that environment then you might get fucked up.

I do believe in modern science and diagnoses like psychosis, but I also know experientially that people get messed up in other ways that are beyond modern science's comprehension. These people end up in psych wards on anti-psychotics and benzos but the problem never truly goes away.

The other half of this equation is that there are rare people in our world who are more "open". Some might call these people shamans. They are born this way, with a lot of natural talent and ability. They are natural seekers and most of them will dabble with mind altering in their lifetimes because it's their inherent inclination to do so. These people are especially open to entity contact, and entity attack. You could take 100 mundane people and give them psychedelics, and they'll never report an entity experience. It's that one rare person who is special, who will have the contact. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's terrifying. The traditional paths that groom these people to become shamans teach them how to interact with these beings regularly, and call on them for sacred practices.

I'm not one of these "shamans". Most of the entity contact I've experienced on psychedelics has been transient, and harmless. Try to think about it from their perspective. They're wandering through their equivalent of an eco-system, and suddenly they see the appearance of a life form (a human) that normally doesn't exist in their realm - a human who is there as a result of a consciousness shift brought on by a psychedelic - so they move to check it out. These humans are essentially "lit up", like a beacon. Mostly the entities are neutral, sometimes they are nice, sometimes they are bad. In general if I'm having an extremely blissful contact with something, I'm extremely suspicious. It's the blissful ones you have to look out for. They know how to take on forms amicable to you so that they can get what they want. This is why protections are super important. It gives you the control to invite something in or dispel it. If you have no protections then it's the luck of the draw if you have entity contact. All of these modern plastic shamans who are dealing koolaid at high financial cost do ZERO to protect the space they are providing for their clients. They might light some sage or some non-sense, and then call the place "cleansed".

Also... if you're using a whole plant extract, then you may be in contact with the plant spirit itself. DMT extracted from mimosa, or combined with caapi, often has a female presence. Most people report that the "vine of the soul" is a jungle mother. (That's what the lineage practitioners say anyway. I've personally never done ayahuasca, it's not something I gravitate to.)

About what the OP is saying, about incongruent experiences due to religious input, I agree that's true. People mistake what is happening due to koolaid they are taught. They also walk away from traumatic experiences with patch-work counseling from these fake shamans. Not everything that happens in a trip is necessarily part of your personal psychology. There's an entire energetic framework at work that can impact you. However, there are consistent reports across many demographics, many of whom are atheists. Real shamans don't generally prepare you for a trip with elaborate stories or sermons. They give you the medicine and then you take the plunge while they hold space and keep vigil for you. The ones who drone on and on about theology are just so fake it's really sad.

Last edited:
I have only shared these experiences a couple times out of the at least over 100 or more which i have had. They were accurate to the point of completely disturbing and even alienating friends and family who thought that i was intentionally messing with their minds when i told them things about dead relatives which they thought i couldnt have known and must have aquired this info in some unscrupulous and shady way. [...] But anyway Im actually doing a lot of my research to try and disprove myself and a lot of the "insights" I have had and its not working well. It seems to be having the opposite effect if anything

That must be a very difficult situation. I have never experienced anything like that, but I imagine there must be a great amount of fear involved in telling other people about those experiences or "insights". On the one hand, as you wrote, it could alienate people from you, either because they think you're trying to con them or because they're afraid you might actually have some sort of psychic abilities. On the other hand every time that you tell somebody about some "insight" in an effort to find out if there was any truth to it, you risk proving yourself wrong. Although you say that you would be happy to find out it's all rubbish, I guess it still must be a very scary thought that you might find out one day that you have deluded yourself.
I think it's important that, however scary it may be, you keep talking to other people about these experiences. Of course you should carefully think about who you're willing to talk to about this and how to approach this topic, but I think it could be dangerous to keep it all to yourself. From my own experience I know how easy it is to start thinking in circles not realizing the errors in your reasoning. When trying to explain your reasoning to others (who, in your case, are willing to at least treat it as an interesting thought experiment and not dismiss it outright) it might fall like scales from your eyes that you just hadn't really thought it through... or they might say "You know what, that does make some sense".

Dont really care from my stance but Where does a head case or trippy drug user really begin and spirituality end anyway? You tell me.

Imo it might very well be a continuous spectrum of how you are able to achieve and deal with an experience that is essentially the same. The important questions are: Do you gain something by having these experiences? Do you suffer from having these experiences? How do gain and suffering compare to each other?

I mean, think about the jungle. On the physical plane it's already the most biologically dense place on Earth. It's pretty much that way on the non-material too.

Ok... so do you suppose that the non-material world mirrors the material world in every aspect or how did you come to that conclusion? To be honest, yes my initial reaction to your post was to call it "new age mumbo jumbo" and to leave it at that, but that specific aspect just stood out to me as an arbitrary assumption, care to elaborate?