• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Dmt and paranoid psychosis

purplehaze901

Greenlighter
Paranoid psychosis

Hi everyone i have been thinking dmt ingested for a while now but I have paranoid psychosis, the reason i want to take dmt is Because I have depression that has been doing on over ten years now and I want to heal the depression but try not to make the psychosis worse in the end the reason i am depressed is because of trauma in the childhood but I took high Strength weed one time and turned psychotic. So im wondering if I was to take minute doses of dmt to see how I’d react and then if it went okay try to take enough dmt that might Heal the trauma would that be safe? And also I have strong valiums if anything were to go wrong and I would have a sitter. But would the valiums interact with aripriprazole or the dmt ? Also would someone lose awareness of the room on low doses?

I think you're running some sort of risk tbh. Psychedelics and any psychotic illness are a bad mix. DMT is perhaps different because its so short acting but it's also extremely intense. Personally, I don't think it's really a good idea. If you must do it, take an absolutely tiny amount- like 3-5mg smoked and see what happens.

Truth be told, I do not think a short acting drug like dmt is going to "heal trauma" or anything like that. But an intense, dislocating experience could very well make things worse. Tread carefully. Perhaps psychedelics just aren't right for you.

The reason I want it to be dmt is because when it is mixed with the chacruna leaves to make the brew they call aya, the MAOI in the chacruna causes a problem with my condition paranoid psychosis. I was informed of that by a pharmacologist who does work with psychedelics and advises people with mental health on which psychedelic to take. Apparently mushrooms 🍄 or dmt would be best in low doses.

But I was thinking maybe 1ml ingested wait a while see what happens try another so on so forth till something worthwhile happens. Maybe holotropic breathwork or that deep breathing (there’s different names for it) to induce dmt in the body might be a better start ?

Mental illness and Psychedelics is a no-no. I'd say if you're pretty under control, maybe, but it just takes one bad moment to have the intensity of DMT to potentiate your psychosis to a new level.

You are better of taking CBD and kratom

Maybe if you can get your hands on some good 5-Apb (TAAR agonist )or ketamine as well

Last edited:
Why would you take DMT instead of mushrooms or San Pedro cactus? They are much more gentle than blasting off with DMT and DMT is so short acting you might not have time to do any healing before it starts to wear off.

If you have psychosis and high strength weed caused a psychotic episode then dmt and other psychedelics carry a higher risk risk for you. A few mgs of dmt wont do anything to test your reaction to it but it will cause a change in awareness of surroundings. It's a mild dissociative effect at very low doses. Take a regular dose like 30mg or don't bother with it. The most likely negative outcome of a dmt trip is going into panic mode so it might be best to trip on dmt while on valium first to reduce the anxiety of such a powerful trip. Benzos will dull the trip though.

Last edited:
I don't agree with mushrooms being light. Its dose dependent anyway. Mushrooms are very psychological especially truffles. I find a low dose mushrooms combined with syrian rue (activates DMT) easier to handle than vanilla mushrooms