Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT and Lexapro/Trazadone

thelazygent

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I am currently on Lexapro at 2.5 mg a day and 25mg of Trazadone at night. These are relatively low doses. I am prescribed Lexapro at 10mg and 50 mg for Traz. I lowered the dose because I want to take DMT and dont want to mix drugs.

Has any one ever smoked DMT while on these two meds? I heard that the trip will be light. I also heard there is a risk for serotonin syndrome.

Should I skip the dosages the day of?

There is a likelihood of weaker effects, I would not worry about serotonin syndrome. Trazodone is a serotonin 2a antagonist and can block the activity of DMT. That being said, it is dosed at night and its half life is 7 hours, so you will have between 1/4 and 1/8 of it in your system which should not abolish the trip. Skipping a night of tramadol will reduce blood levels to a negligible effect if you are worried (rule of thumb is that a drug is fully eliminated after 5 half lives have elapsed).

The escitalopram I am less sure about its effects on dmt. People report being able to trip but having diminished effects. One thing is that the half life of escitalopram is quite long, so skipping a day will have little effect (also skipping for long enough to really drop your blood levels may cause ssri withdrawal, which wouldn't be great for the old set and setting aspects of a trip).

Much appreciated. Do I have to worry about ODing if I do have a little bit of Traz and Lex in my system? Thats my worry