View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT anal ROA?

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
This is kind of a silly question, but...

If one were to make a concentrated chacruna (DMT) tea, and insert it anally, would that somehow bypass the MAO enzymes? Would an effect be felt?

It's probably dose-dependent. If I were more of a betting man I would put money on it not being active at "normal" doses, for the same reason you never see anyone snorting DMT or its salts.

MAO is present mainly in the gut but also in blood and other tissues (at least I think so). I think you either have to overwhelm it entirely (smoked, IV doses) or take a MAOI.

I wouldn't think so - I believe anal stuff still undergoes a liver bypass which is chocfull of MAO that would deactivate it.

If you do take an MAOI to activate it be careful - anal DMT hits like a jackhammer and you're at the peak of the trip within about 2 minutes. Unfortunately you still suffer from the vomiting so there's no escape from that.

"unfortunately"

: D ; D

Just watched the Neurosoup video ... yeah, no thanks, heh. Never mind!

Last edited:
perhaps one could perform reverse flatulence ...

@ismene - rectal ROA is usually more effective just because it bypasses the liver metabolism (not to the same extent as insufflation but you get my point); something to do with the way blood flows in that area. this does not refer to MAO or DMT particularly just a general observation

also, i think there are anecdotal reports of active insufflated DMT. cant remember the doses though, but i imagine they would be higher that smoked for sure

I did around 80mg the few times I tried snorting DMT. I liked it better than smoking which I could never get the hang of. Probably could've done a bit more, it was very interesting but it wasn't anywheres as immersive as DMT experiences are usually described.

Also, don't plug freebase, haha.

Freebase AMT works fine to plug actually. Doesn't really even burn, though it's super easy to convert to salt anyway by just dripping in some vinegar so there's no reason not to.

I tried snorting freebase DMT once - didn't get anything from it but two vicious red alkaline burns under each nostril.

Snorting DMT freebase at doses of 100mg definitely works. dosages need to be increased over vapourized

Rectal admiistration of dmt freebase in butter didnt work - i dont think we got it far enough past the shelf

railing dmt is a pain even with coco tek over on the nexus wiki. I know of someone who did anal DMT because of the neurosoup girls experience and had strong effect. It will work, but I would think you would want someone to help you get the DMT up your butt..... Just imagining plugging something myself than blasting to hyperspace makes me shudder already.