Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT- a newbie

onepumpchump

Bluelighter
Hi,

I tried DMT maybe 3-4 months ago using the machine, with not a great deal of success, I managed to get really intense visuals and body load for 5-10 minutes, but no breakthrough.
We had to stop that session because my lungs couldn't take any more of the horrible acrid smoke.
I realised I was burning a lot of the spice so I bought a GVG, which sat untouched for months, simply because we've both been a bit apprehensive about trying it again, even the small glimpse we got last time made us realise how powerful DMT is.

Last night I was feeling amazing for some reason, more relaxed than I've been in weeks so I pulled the pipe out and loaded 20mg, while my friend got ready to grab the pipe, I took two big tokes, and handed the pipe over saying ' I should have gone for another' but by then it was too late. I didn't break through, but I checked the pipe after, and there is no trace of DMT left on the ceramic sponge, or in the pipe- if I didn't breakthrough on 20mg, what dosage should I be using?

Hi,

I tried DMT maybe 3-4 months ago using the machine, with not a great deal of success, I managed to get really intense visuals and body load for 5-10 minutes, but no breakthrough.
We had to stop that session because my lungs couldn't take any more of the horrible acrid smoke.
I realised I was burning a lot of the spice so I bought a GVG, which sat untouched for months, simply because we've both been a bit apprehensive about trying it again, even the small glimpse we got last time made us realise how powerful DMT is.

Last night I was feeling amazing for some reason, more relaxed than I've been in weeks so I pulled the pipe out and loaded 20mg, while my friend got ready to grab the pipe, I took two big tokes, and handed the pipe over saying ' I should have gone for another' but by then it was too late. I didn't break through, but I checked the pipe after, and there is no trace of DMT left on the ceramic sponge, or in the pipe- if I didn't breakthrough on 20mg, what dosage should I be using?
You should be eating 3.5 grams of psychedelic mushrooms, since your body metabolizes DMT and psilocybin into psilocin. You are ritualizing thinking it is something exotic and new and it's just old wine in new skins....

^wrong. DMT is metabolized into n-methyltryptamine and tryptophan. If the body metabolized DMT into psilocybin and psilocin we would trip for more than 10 minutes by smoking DMT. Psilocybin has a phosphorus bond which DMT doesn't have. You're saying the body just adds an element while trying to break something down? That doesn't even make sense.

That aside, try smoking 50-60mg of DMT. I know people who go as high as 120mg at a time.

Thanks CrypticArc, I thought my dosage might have been a little low, I'll try 50mg next time :) Prices being what they are I don't think I'll be trying 120mg anytime soon!

You should be eating 3.5 grams of psychedelic mushrooms, since your body metabolizes DMT and psilocybin into psilocin. You are ritualizing thinking it is something exotic and new and it's just old wine in new skins....
And he strikes again!

:p

if I didn't breakthrough on 20mg, what dosage should I be using?

Real breakthrough did not occur for me till 60mg or so. I first used it around 30mg....and thought I was there...till I extracted my own and really got into it. The real deal is 60mg-100mg.

uh, no. DMT is not 'metabolized' into psilocin.

Yes, 20mg felt threshold, tried 50 but I didn't break through, my next try was with changa , and after a changa spliff I took a pipe 15 or so mins after , the matreal burnt so easily almost like ganja and when I was holding in the smoke I didn't even have to worry about a next hit, I was there on the other side, the smoke felt easier to smoke, still pretty shitty tho but what do you expect :p

Safe travels :)

If there is any "burning" going on with DMT, you are doing it all wrong, really. There is nothing more disgusting and acrid than burnt DMT. Vaporizing really is the only way to go as far as trying to have a breakthrough experience. You can vape 40 or 50 mg of pure DMT crystals and get launched into another dimension. You can try and smoke, and burn, and destroy, that same 40 or 50 mg of DMT and do nothing but choke on smoke that tastes like burning plastic and that wrecks your lungs. Learn to vaporize DMT properly, hence, not burning it, and you'll be shown other realms. Pronto.

Work on your smoking technique as you'll get more out of your dose. 20mgs is a fairly low dose though, it's what I recommend to first timers who don't want a breakthrough experience. 50-60mgs is typically all I need for a proper breakthrough.

If you still have difficulty ingesting it with proper tecnhique something else to consider is low purity product. I've had poorly extracted DMT that thrashed my lungs regardless of how it was smoked. Avoid plastic smoking devices as well.

If there is any "burning" going on with DMT, you are doing it all wrong, really. There is nothing more disgusting and acrid than burnt DMT. Vaporizing really is the only way to go as far as trying to have a breakthrough experience. You can vape 40 or 50 mg of pure DMT crystals and get launched into another dimension. You can try and smoke, and burn, and destroy, that same 40 or 50 mg of DMT and do nothing but choke on smoke that tastes like burning plastic and that wrecks your lungs. Learn to vaporize DMT properly, hence, not burning it, and you'll be shown other realms. Pronto.

When I used the GVG I noticed instantly how much better it vaporized. With the machine I was tasting burnt crap and it was very harsh, with the GVG I wasn't sure if I had even vaporised the spice until I exhaled and a huge cloud of smoke came out, it was that smooth! There was literally nothing left in the pipe- NOTHING. It may have been a fluke, but for anyone wanting to smoke DMT, especially those that don't smoke other drugs ( like myself) it will pay for itself within a few trips.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'm going to hit 40mg next, just to step it up, and then 50-60mg.

Yeah, the machine isn't the best vaporizer. There is much better stuff available for not much cost.

What would you recommend?

I've found 40mg to be my sweet spot, while going too high often has me just blacking out - still blissed out afterwards but shame to miss the action :)

Over at the Nexus, everybody and their fish swear by the Vapor Genie. You infuse (melt) the DMT into a thin disk of copper mesh (chore-boy) or a ceramic diffuser that fits, place it where you would normally place the weed, and then use the vapor genie as usual. I'm going to try it out tonight. :)

If you successfully vaporize 50 to 60 mg of nn DMT, and you will live the stories you've heard about. You'll understand. Batten down the hatches, and put your seat-belt on, and 50 mg of proper DMT vapor will put you over into the nether-regions...trust. You get front row seats to the inner-verse...

From personal experience with the GVG (and take into account this is with my nervous system) i've found that a good layer of vaporized cannabis with 30-40mg of DMT on top is just the right amount. It's all in the technique i've found. Inhale very slowly on the first toke and try not to let it get into your lungs, just pull it enough that the flame dips into the end of the GVG and work it until you see vapor inside the chamber. Once the chamber is full inhale deeply and hold and exhale. Repeat this process AT LEAST three times. The second toke just do the same as the first, and once you exhale you will feel it coming on, but do not be afraid, go for one more. This is the hit that will help you break through. By this point i usually have open eyed visuals but you must concentrate on the inhalation process, and on this third hit inhale until you just can't inhale any more and then exhale and lay down (have a pillow for your head and a friend to take the GVG). From this point on just let go and focus on your breathing and you should have a great experience.

^^^ I've no doubt that your technique works, but I've read of others on the Nexus who are able to vaporize the full dose on one hit of the GVG. I was going to try for it last weekend but my lighter failed me and it ended up being a messy (though successful) launch. Going to try again soon with a good lighter. :)

What I usually do is load up a bowl with some quality bud and drop 50mg on top of it. When you're hitting it you want to keep the flame around 3/4 of an inch away from the crystal, that way it vaporizes instead of burning. I've always broke through this way. The dmt will melt into the weed after a few hits and then I just smoke it like a regular bowl, taking as many hits as I can before I'm completely out of my body lol

imo it's kind of a pain in the ass to have to focus on not torching your DMT while halfway in hyperspace.