Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT 100mg - First time - Bizarre DMT trip

armbar55

Greenlighter
Sorry I didn't put my title in the correct format: DMT 100mg - First time - Bizarre DMT trip

Okay I just had my first experience with DMT and it was strange. In fact, I can't remember much of it at all if anything. Background: have tried LSD 4 times in the 3-4 months, the last time of which was about 3 days ago (3 hits - okay trip - I think I made the mistake of mixing with piracetam and had a strong dreamlike trip). Took shrooms about 5 years ago.

I didn't want to cloud DMT experience with marijuana so I put an extremely thin layer of Lipton tea on 3 screens in my Glass Vapor Genie. I couldn't immediately find my millegram scale, so I poured in what looked like a healthy dose of DMT and then a little more (about 1/10th of a gram bag). Mistake.

Took first hit, not very much vapor. Second hit, hold for 10 seconds decent amount of vapor. I start to feel like somethings off, and contemplate stopping. Instead I take a massive third hit, hold for ten seconds, before I can even exhale I hear a siren from my back left.

I am outside and it sounds like a real siren echoing through the neighborhood. I close my eyes I can see a pattern of 16 dots in 4 even rows/columns of 4 each. I open my eyes and the world looks so strange - like something I would never recognize. I can only describe as monochromatic and holy shit. I closed my eyes and all my senses are combined into one - vision, hearing, smelling, tasting etc. Familiar feeling of ego death from other psychedelics.

And I feel myself ripped from my body. This is where it gets hazy. I feel a feeling of moving at extreme speed like light speed. I feel like my life has been observing a computer program and now I am seeing different states of reality. What I saw can't be put into words, but made sense at the time. I also feel for a moment I am deep in space, like at a super computer and there are many different realities I am being shown all interconnected by an enormous web or system of lights, and I am bouncing into each of them. I am completely removed from who I am as a person - I couldn't even remember if I tried.

While moving at the extreme speed (almost falling forward), I remember seeing something that blew my mind, or a series of images that blew my mind but I cannot remember. A series of orbs briefly entered my vision, they were somewhat enveloped in shadows, but seemed to be occupied by a presence, but they quickly retracted themselves.

At the end of the trip there was a voice talking on my left side in a frantic frentic pace. It had a lot to say, but I couldn't understand the language at all. It almost sounded like a record scratching or a dial up modem. For the most fleeting of moments, a being that I think the voice was coming from appeared in front of me. It was also in shadows, but it looked like an insect creature or alien or something weird. It was neither friendly nor evil.

As fast as I was gone, I was teleported back into my body. I felt like I had amnesia, I couldn't remember who I was for 30 seconds or what I had done to bring upon this state. I looked down and saw my vaporizer, and lighter and had no idea what they were. The thought, "who and where am I" entered my mind. I also thought "is this the final reality I will be returning to?" and "I shouldn't have just smoked that."

I can only remember fragments of what was certainly a much more detailed experience. Or it seems like maybe not much happened at all, much like a dream you cannot recall. I did have a nice cloud of euphoria over my body as an after effect, and the feeling that all was going to be okay.

I do not think I would try DMT again. I understand that with better preparation and in a different state of mind the experience may be different and more beneficial. However, I think I am winding down with my use of psychedelics. I have found answers about myself, and find myself wanting to return to a more grounded reality at the peak of trips.

I will say for anyone wondering - DMT is just as much of a mindf*ck as you think it may be.

Last edited:
That's a big-ass dose for your first time! I'm getting some DMT in the next week; I'll probably take about a 40mg dose. I hope I'm not as turned off by is as you, I bought 200mg!