View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMSO Experiments?

<SpaceHead>

Bluelighter
I have been thinking alot about DMSO as an agent to transfer psychedelics into the CNS. I have read a couple reports of a small amount of DMSO combined with DMT taken sublingualy being successful. Although most DMT available is made from Mimosa Hostilis Root bark and extracted with Lye and Naptha. Would it be dangerous to try using DMT of this quality with DMSO as some of the trace substances other than DMT could be absorbed directly into the blood stream? I know injecting DMT of this quality is not safe. I have also been thinking about several RC's. 5-meo-dmt can be a very rewarding experience but it is a heavy one, the almost instantaneous onset can be very alarming, I figure it may be a more delayed and smoother onset if taken sublingual with DMSO? Also DPT, snorting this drug burns alot and is totally disgusting! If taken sublingual with DMSO would it need to be the HCl version or the freebase? Anyone have experience with any of these combination's? I don't see much point in trying it with chemicals that are easy to take orally. Maybe even salvia would be interesting! A slower onset of some of these usually smoked materials could be very pleasant.

I think the danger with injecting plant extracted DMT is in injecting plant bits/cells. It shouldn't be a problem if it's clean and properly filtered, and I don't think it would be a problem sublingually with DMSO regardless - any plant bits should still be too large to pass into the blood stream.

Most of the stuff you listed probably works sublingually anyway, I'm not sure how much better it might work with DMSO. The taste is something to think about too, even a tiny bit on your finger gives a pretty nasty taste after a minute or so lasting around an hour. I'd probably try plugging first instead.

I tried eating some dmso and it tasted strange but tolerable. Most people say it smells strongly of garlic but mine doesn't smell at all really. Do you think the HCl or freebase version of tryptamines would be preferable for this route? Do you think this route would work with ketamine HCl? I know plugging ketamine is pretty futile, perhaps it would be more efficient than plugging or oral? I will likley do an experiment with this route for 5-meo-dmt later this week starting at low dosage and post the results.

Yeah the smell should be quite faint, I definitely wouldn't say it smells strongly. I guess the taste isn't that bad, I'd just rather avoid it. I think it's because it lingers so long it gets a bit annoying.

I'd go with the HCl salts, freebases will probably precipitate as the solution is diluted with saliva, which I'd guess would hinder absorbtion. You should probably use a DMSO/water mix too, rather than straight DMSO. It burns and will probably make you salivate a lot, which won't help. I don't know how much you'd have to dilute it to avoid that, but it could be a good idea to find out before you try it for real.

Also, I don't know how much DMSO is safe to ingest, maybe you could find something? In any case I'd keep the amount as small as possible.

Experiment one:

20mg dmt freebase dissolved in 0.8ml DMSO + 0.2ml water (I have read that slightly diluted DMSO works better than 100%). Taken sublingualy. Thought I felt a slight head change around 10 minutes, maybe surroundings look slightly brighter. Held teh solution in mouth for 30 minutes. The solution stings a bit and causes me to salivate alot which may be hindering absorption.

Experiment two:

40mg DMT freebase dissolved in 0.4ml DMSO + 0.1ml water. Taken subligualy. Also felt very slight head change, surroundings look brighter than before. Objects seem like they might be warping slightly but I cannot be entirely sure that this isnt placebo.

in conclusion both experiments yielded a +/- on the shulgin scale. the solution stings the inside of the mouth making me question if i will conduct further experiments. May try it with 5-meo-dmt seeing as it is much more potent per mg.

How easily does DMT dissolve in DMSO?

Does it burn like the freebase vapour does? I was under the possibly false impression that was because it was so basic.

Have you considered it was diluted by your saliva, negating the effects of the DMSO?

Perhaps through your skin would work better. Does the taste linger as mentioned?

/subscribed.

Dont take more that 0.3mL/kg of bodyweight then it is unsafe, and the HCl salt would probably work better because it will be soluble in DMSO because of the polar SO bond so you should just acidify the freebase to get the best result.

Tried 50mg DMT freebase in 0.4ml DMSO + 0.1ml water distributed over the inside of each forearm, the mixture was very irritating to the skin and yielded no effects. The DMT does seem to dissolve well in the DMSO. I may have to look up how to convert my DMT to the salt form and try it again, but the irritating effect of the solution is making me think it might not be worth further experimentation.

I tried this with 30 and 60mg of MXE each partially dissolved in 1ml of DMSO. Neither appeared to give any effects, when pooled in my hand or rubbed all over my arm.

Later on the skin in the palm of my hand felt very rough and inelastic.

Anecdotal reports suggest Nick Sand the acid chemist tried painting a sol'n of LSD tartrate in DMSO on himself; it didn't have an effect

DMSO is too stinky and wierd to be an effective drug delivery mechanism I think. It's rather polar too.

Transdermal absorption factors

Using DIMETHYL SULFOXIDE as a transport agent is not necessary with the bulk of drugs. Two factors determine how well a drug will absorb past the epidermis into the dermis. Lipid solubility and molecular weight determine the absorption. Drugs with high lipid solubility and low molecular weight readily absorb, THC is an excellent example.

The drawback of administration this way is metabolic. Bacteria in the dermis metabolize the drug to it's first order metabolite prior to entering the bloodstream. While there are solutions, the pharmacology and chemistry are complicated and are not within the understanding or ability of those lacking the proper education and techniques.