• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines DMPEA (3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine)

Listening

Bluelighter
This one has become available recently. Anyone try it? I think it was around briefly a while back, but I can't find any clear reports...

This is from the PiHKAL page on DMPEA:
DOSAGE: greater than 1000 mg.

DURATION: unknown.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 500 mg) Nothing.

(with 1000 mg) Nothing.

(with 10 mg i.v.) RNothing.

(with 1000 mg of 3,4-dimethoxyphenylacetic acid, a major human metabolite of DMPEA) RNothing.

(with 500 mg of N-acetyl-3,4-dimethoxyphenethylamine, a major human metabolite of DMPEA) RNothing.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: Why all the interest? Why keep pursuing a compound that is so obviously without activity? Or a metabolite that is also without activity? The answer is that these are totally fascinating compounds just because they have no activity! By the way, in this instance, I actually made up most of the quotations. I am not sure that the subjects actually said, "Nothing," but they did report that there were no effects. In my own experiments, my notes record the phrase, "No effects whatsoever."

So... hmm.

Oh. Interesting. I believe I saw a report stating that there was strong activity, but that may have been with an MAOI. Will try to find.

I would imagine that an MAOI would allow oral activity, though the 10mg IV report also says no effects. Then again it's only 10mg. If there is strong activity, I wonder if it's a case of misidentification or mislabeling by a vendor? For example, when BOHB became available, it was labeled BOB, but I noticed the IUPAC was for BOHB, and turns out the vendor just made a mistake and labeled it BOB, and they fixed it on their site after that.

I'd try it by itself first just to see what happens, especially given reports of apparent heavy activity (which don't align with PIHKAL).
Yep. Although now I can't find the report that I read, so I may have hallucinated it.