View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMA (3,4-dimethoxy-amphetamine) Ingestion questions

DimethylMyLysergic

Greenlighter
I need immediate advice on administering, dosage and effects of DMA. I have two grams of it right now and i need as much info on it as possible as quickly as possible. Any info anyone might have on it through experience or just general knowledge. Please leave out anything in reference to PIHKAL, I've read it all and i need more to work with than whats in that book.

^After a little bit of research it appears the effects are like a "psychedelic stimulant."

I'm going to say, start low, as in real low and go from there.

Maybe even less than 5mg, considering you're the lab rat.

Why are you so hot to take it? Be careful, take it slow.

I've taken it before with not much of an outcome, but i was giving it to a friend of mine and i want to inform him as best i can before giving it to him.

From what I read it seems like a disappointing compound. Its structural similarity to dopamine seems to promise much, but in reality it isn't really potent at all. A few hundred mgs orally might reveal a hidden gem though. Who knows, take it slow.

A few hundred mgs orally might reveal a hidden gem though. Who knows, take it slow.

100 mg of amphetamines in general, seems to be a pretty standard dosage. So I say start off with 75% of that and go from there if DML claims he's used it before

I need immediate advice on administering, dosage and effects of DMA. I have two grams of it right now and i need as much info on it as possible as quickly as possible. Any info anyone might have on it through experience or just general knowledge. Please leave out anything in reference to PIHKAL, I've read it all and i need more to work with than whats in that book.

Please be aware that, whilst this may be urgent and in need of immediate responses to YOU, the best bet is just waiting until more data/knowledge has been collected.

I have renamed the thread title accordingly.

You said don't reference pihkal, but I think it's important to note (in reference to a previous post suggesting 75 mg oral) that the study cited in pihkal had a person receiving 70 mg IV with negligible effects, so the oral dose would probably be decently northward of that figure.

You said don't reference pihkal, but I think it's important to note (in reference to a previous post suggesting 75 mg oral) that the study cited in pihkal had a person receiving 70 mg IV with negligible effects, so the oral dose would probably be decently northward of that figure.

Yeah that's what i had originally assumed, i tried much more than that a coup hundred mgs with not much of an effect. Therefore i was kinda hoping that i may run into to somebody who has done it before and could give me first hand knowledge you feel me. Of course Pihkal is a very respectable source with with very valid information. =D

100 mg of amphetamines in general, seems to be a pretty standard dosage. So I say start off with 75% of that and go from there if DML claims he's used it before

100mg of d-amphetamine is a HUGE dose. A proper medical dose is usually 10mg-30mg, and a recreational dose 10mg-60mg.

100mg doses are what turn amphetamine and methamphetamine into harmful substances instead of fairly benign stimulants.

^maybe so, but I was going by other mentioned activity of the substance. Particularly one which says 70 mg IV was almost useless and Erowid.org reports seem to have an average of 70 mg or more of Amphetamine users with positive results, which is why I said start off at 75% even though DMA IV at 70 mg doesn't really do much.

This is true of amphetamine, but not amphetamines. All of the DOx's are amphetamines and 100mgs could kill you. This one on the other hand from the reports in pihkal seems greatly diminished in potency. I do however agree that 75mgs is probably a safe and good place to start.

^ After taking a small dose first to test for idiosyncratic responses and verify what you have is what you think you have (at least in terms of dosage). It would suck majorly if you took 75mg of a substance you thought to be DMA, which would turn out to be DOM instead (for example).

From what I can tell from reliable sources 3,4-DMA is not active at reasonable dosages. Why this is so idk.

This is true of amphetamine, but not amphetamines. All of the DOx's are amphetamines and 100mgs could kill you. This one on the other hand from the reports in pihkal seems greatly diminished in potency. I do however agree that 75mgs is probably a safe and good place to start.

I thought DOx's were considered phenethylamines, despite the amphetamine chain?
dunno.gif

Although, anything over 5mg of DOx is indeed dangerous.

All amphetamines are phenethylamines. alphamethylphenethylamine amphetamine

So DOx's are inherently both.

Last edited:
No, all amphetamines are phenethylamines, but not backwards. Just as all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.