• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DM - Ten pupils as young as 11 fall ill at secondary school 'after taking legal high'

edgarshade

Bluelighter
By Emily Davies
PUBLISHED: 16:15, 15 March 2013

With reader comments

A ‘legal high’ drug may be to blame after ten pupils fell ill at a secondary school. Police believe a herbal-based substance could have caused youngsters at the National Church of England Academy in Hucknall, Nottinghamshire, to complain of sickness and dizzy spells. Officers were called to the school last Friday afternoon after the pupils, aged between 11 and 15, started feeling ill.

Sergeant Simon Scales, of Nottinghamshire Police, said today that officers believe they have identified the substance which may be behind the sickness, adding that the test results were ‘particularly worrying’. He said: ‘Using legal highs as recreational drugs carries risks. He added that many legal highs had in fact been found to contain Class C and Class B drugs, making them harmful and illegal. The children involved have suffered no further ill-effects.

Police have since been informing the school's 1,100 pupils of the risks of using legal highs. The academy's website states that its aim is to provide ‘a happy and stimulating environment in which young people can develop and grow’. In February, Ofsted inspectors gave the academy a glowing report in an interim assessment, while the most recent full inspection in 2010 concluded it was a good school.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-ill-secondary-school-taking-legal-high.html

a happy and stimulating environment in which young people can develop and grow

From my experience, no religious school is a 'happy and stimulating environment for students'.

And of course the fucking DM would throw in a pic of a joint for good measure. Cunts.

Since when was someone feeling ill for a short time and getting better worthy of being news?

He added that many legal highs had in fact been found to contain Class C and Class B drugs, making them harmful and illegal

Implying that legal highs are not harmful if they don't contain illegal drugs 8)

^ 10 kids (aged 11-15) all gathered together to smoke synthetic weed before school? >.< What has our world come to?

^ 10 kids (aged 11-15) all gathered together to smoke synthetic weed before school? >.< What has our world come to?

I dunno man. If friends called me up to blaze some Jwh-122 before school, you can bet your ass I'd be there.

^^we werent smokin spice but there were usually anywhere from 4-10 of my friends gettin high everyday before school when i was younger, not 11 but from like 13 or 14 on gettin high before school was our ritual

sometimes it'd just be me by myself or with one or two other friends, n it was weed not legal highs

but who doesnt get high before highschool ;)

Synthetic compounds were not popular when I was in school. But damn I wish they were.

Lol you could literally take a small hit of jwh anywhere anytime, it would be dangerous. The only reason I wasn't constantly stoned on jwh at work was because it made me not want to socialize, which was bad at my grocery store job. I too was out of HS when pure jwh was around... Thank god.