• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DJ'ing on psychedelics

I like to get buzzed on ketamine while I perform, not too slosshed though!!!!

Mushrooms makes me a little too giggly and loopy to sound good.

I don't think I've ever DJed whilst on MDMA

I played at a festival this past New Year's in Costa Rica. My stage was on the beach. The artist that I went to go see, Entheogenic, came up to me and said my set was awesome for one 8o then offerered me a DMT spliff. I didn't believe it would work, but he insisted, and I trusted him :)

When I took two lungfulls of that, the music and lights started flowing through my body. I don't know how I was spinning properly, but my movements seemed already premeditated. It wasn't me playing, but I was doing it lol.

I actually have a foam party to do today and wanted to have the goods ready, but it's been cold and rainy here the last couple days so the evaporation is slow :!

My forte is psytrance <3

Edit : I wish I had DiPT again.....I would like to produce a track under the influence and see how it turns out :p

It's fun for mixing (in the studio) and recording sometimes, but not for a live dj set.
I do 4 deck mixes in traktor (which means a couple hundred of tracks in a long set) so no need to cpompound the chaos.

after my set?

fuck yeah

I'd probably get distracted to easily, unless it was a particularly low dose of psychedelics taken.

DJing on acid is retarded. I couldn't get anything right, i was so easily distracted and confused as fuck about beatmatching. Pretty funny actually.

DJing on K! Now THERE'S a challenge! :D

Every DJ I know, even the ones do copious amounts of drugs, say it's a bad idea. Save it for after...

In my experience, low to moderate dose 5-MeO-MiPT is nearly ideal for DJing.

2C-Halides (particularily B and I) are great for this purpose as well.

I see we have the same understanding of this situation ;)

(about the other thing: lets talk about it in pm. got some questions too)

For the professional DJ's, the following might be obvious:
I learned DJing without BPM sync, only by ear. I think everyone learns it like that (?). But if one is used to BPM sync, then of course some psychedelica can mess up his skills easily. On the other side if you've learned it by ear, once this ability is deep inside you, so you can sync beats even if you're sleeping or tripping, it just comes out of your body.

You are impaired. Your thought process is off and you have no train of thought. Speaking is a challenge when i'm tripping. On mushrooms putting one foot in front of the other to walk was extremely confusing/challenging. A skilled dj or any sort of musical performer will never be nearly as good while under the influence of a psych.

It might be fun to mess around with instruments and sound equipment while tripping and it probably sounds really good to you. It's probably not that great to a sober hear.

What some of you are describing might be equal to the idea that threading a screw with your eyes closed is easier than trying to look and thread it. Doing it more by feel. Things happening automatically.

Bionic this sounds similar to what you are talking about when doing things musically by ear.

But tripping balls and djing doesn't seem like it would work very well.

umm i recall Djing on Ket and coke that was a pretty made expericance i had the abliaty to have the stimulating side of the cocaine to help me beat match and things but the k made my body not keep up the way i wanted the mixer to sound

Medium doses of shrooms have been very positive for paying particular attention to sounds, rhythms, and maybe making funny strange connections between tracks.

aside from psychedelics giving you massive creativity and making u hear sounds better

acid: - you are the dancefloor
mdma: - superb beatmatching, bad on comedown
weed: - sucks if your crowd is on amphetamines
alcohol: - not recommended
amphetamines: - no major change
5-meo-dmt: - 5/5 communication with dj friend who was on acid
laughing gas: - "omg guys listen to these high hats!!!!"
2cb: - +3bpm, also techno may sound very very linear
25b: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1nHmuyXLmE, decided to roll on the floor and laugh

Low doses of acid I love to dj on. MDMA was made for music in my mind and also cannabis!

Really couldn't dj on shrooms or MXE way to confusing for me!

I just watched 4 DJ's who were high on acid, some of them mixing with MDMA or MDA, and they were all phenomenal.

It really depends on the drug, when you took it and how much you took. Typically though, it's best to DJ while you're relatively clear headed. You're not going to be able to focus on beat matching very well if the world is swirling around you... not to mention if your senses are distorted you won't have as clear an idea of what's going on around you as you should.

MXE was an amazingly fun drug to mix on though, it really got you in touch with the music IMO

A few weeks ago I was mixing, then snorted ~3.5mg of DOC... two tracks later everything was swirling so much I couldn't even see straight, let alone think about what I should do next. I had to stop right after, I simply couldn't force myself to continue!

Strangely enough the only time I've mixed was also the only time I've taken 5meo-mipt.
Audience of one, selection of drum and bass records (mostly liquid) and the turntables set to 33rpm...

Fat dub plates, and learning my way round a mixer, loads of fun.

Has anyone done this?

I have DJ'd LIVE on E. Great experience, lots of energy; the lights get distracting.

I have DJ'd on Shrooms, very trippy; it really sucks if you dont know what you are doing, but the effects seem to dissipate until after you finish DJ'ing, the effects came back in full force once I stopped.

I have DJ'd on Acid, very trippy; couldnt hear the bass that well; but beatmatching was a bit easier; but I felt like a robot. Not as enjoyable as E.

Weed just distracts me, makes me sloppy..

any thoughts, experiences?:D:D:D:D:D

For me, psychedelics are not good substances to mix. I was trying several times and it was really impossible: The mixer was going up, the CDJ was going down, I was getting distracted with the depth of the perception of the music...

The only one psychedelic I've liked and allowed me to mix, is 2C-D at average dosages. I do not understand how this substance is so underestimated :)

Ideally for mixing ( at least for me ) : MDMA or other Amphetamines.

In the other hand, when I am on the studio, I find all psychedelics to improve the creativity, letting me for example to finish tracks that were impossible to finish in any other 'common' mind state. But this is always after the peak is over :) Otherwise I always end up doing weird and non-sense things that I do not like when I am back to normal }:)