Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DJ'ing on psychedelics

Twicegone

Bluelighter
Has anyone done this?

I have DJ'd LIVE on E. Great experience, lots of energy; the lights get distracting.

I have DJ'd on Shrooms, very trippy; it really sucks if you dont know what you are doing, but the effects seem to dissipate until after you finish DJ'ing, the effects came back in full force once I stopped.

I have DJ'd on Acid, very trippy; couldnt hear the bass that well; but beatmatching was a bit easier; but I felt like a robot. Not as enjoyable as E.

Weed just distracts me, makes me sloppy..

any thoughts, experiences?:D:D:D:D:D

i watched my friend dj while he was on shrooms and ecstacy. what kind music do you spin?

No but i watch many Fried DJ's in front of me!

Im learning to mix atm on a Numark Mixtrack Pro (Its all i could afford at this moment in time and i just wanted to get the aspect of mixing)

Isnt it really difficult? I hear lots of djs say speed is good for djing but i couldnt even concentrate enough to play cod4 on it (I had base actually not speed)

Mixing on trippy drugs

I have tried mixing on many drugs, mainly drum and bass and dubstep. i tried mixing on LSD i found this to be very hard. i found beat matching really hard and useing my mixer to be overly complcated and confuseing. i think that uppers such as coke and amphetames to be much easyer it gets you more on the ball.

mixing on psychedelics is not for me its confuses and phases me out but everybodys diffrent. i have a friend that mixes and he thinks that mixing on acid is really intersting and makes his mixing sytle much more creative.

Hey man I've only been DJ'ing for about 8 months now but it's crazy. I actually fell in love with it when I did acid for the first time. I usually spin dubstep, house, and beats I make with Ableton and reason. ( OP I wanna hear some of your mixes, I bet they are sick). But Ive only tried it three times since then and DJ'ed one of the times and i love it. It helps me feel the music (not as much as MDMA) and it makes the visuals I spin with my tracks blow mind. I like it, but that's me. Lol whoop for first post!

I feel like mixing live on psychedelics could turn out badly, but producing would be tons of fun

Yeah, jam sessions during producing are so much better when on psychedelics. Just save it all and play it back once sober again, then keep the good parts and improve on them when not trippin' balls.

The main pitfall with DJing on any drug is that you might be focusing more on what you think sounds great than on how the public reacts. But if you know by instinct which tracks to play, or can keep yourself directed at the crowd, it surely enhances your creativity. :)

Ive spun drum'n'bass in my garage before on mushrooms. it felt like i could beatmatch perfectly and all the lights on my mixer and tables looked so beautiful and left huge tracers. i probably wouldnt reccomend spinning at a club or rave on psychadelics though as i see the probability of being distracted by the crowd and/or trainwrecking a huge risk just because im already sort've anxious and nervous when im playing in front of a crowd and i see psychadelics possibly amplifying that!

Ive been told by multiple people that my best sets are on LSD. I pretty much cant spin unless I am inebriated. Ive spun on LSD, Shrooms, MDMA, DMT, and Ketamine. LSD, as Ive said, is consistently good. MDMA is alright...i find I tend to think things are better than they actually are, whereas with acid I am so in tune to the music that I pull off mashups I never would have thought of usually. Shrooms I only did once whilst spinning, and I found them difficult...I couldnt focus on the screen and kept forgetting what song I was looking for. DMT was nearly impossible...I pretty much turned into a crossfader DJ. Same with Ketamine, except instead of being unable to beatmatch and see the screen, I just forgot I was spinning...this was a high dose, btw, bumps are just like DJing drunk.

I generally use Serato, for reference

Done it one Methoxetamine, ketamine, LSD, for psychedelics. Ketamine was easier to beat match as it slowed everythign down, but the putting the record on the platter was hard as hell. methoxetamine was same as sober for most part, made some mixes kind of sloppy. I was asked to get off the decks when trippin on acid becuase i couldnt seperate myself from the lights, too hard! Would never take do this in a public setting, remember folks "don't be wrecked on the decks"

semi off topic, CNS depressants such as opiates, alcohol, and benzos seemed to help, as well as CNS Stimulants like adderall and cocaine, but mostly methamp.

I found DJing using Abelton while variously on LSD, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 4-HO-MPT all to be very manageable. The physical and technical aspects of the process actually seem easier due to time dilation, increased focus, and improved reflexes.

Just don't go and blow down 80mg of K before your set....

And yes, I have seen an actual skilled DJ do it and fail badly.

DJing live on psychedelics is a great way to guarantee you don't get asked back to that particular club. On the upside, you will personally believe it's your best set ever, but you will likely be a minority of one. Even DJing on E is a bad idea if you want to be tight. DJing straight is the best way to mix tight and spot on - if you enjoy your set straight, you know you knocked it outta the park, and you're less likely to fool yourself about how great your mixing is.

The first time i mixed on acid i could not control myself, i was in fits of laughter and all over the place, but once i got used to it, it's very fun :)

I've actually done one of my best recorded sets on lsd, dubstep & acid is wicked experience.

5-MeO-MiPT or 2C-X could be intersting, if used in the right dose...

I once was at an private (illegal) psyrave, but it was quite big, at least 1000ppl. In the morning I was talking with dj I know, and suddenly he cumes into a great hurry. I asked him what the matter is, and he replied that it is time MDMA because has to spin in 10min.
So he bought some mdma, took some capsule(s) and went behind the mixtables. he always is tripping balls when he is djaying. by the way, the following 2 hours were insane.... not only the music, his whole energy flew into the crowd. since then, my friends and me call this the ******-method (=name of the dj).

by the way again, at this rave I was on MDMA and 2C-T-2...

plur

nah man I just wanna chill, djin when im out of it is like working or something.

I learned to DJ coming down off a trip at about 6 in the morning. Did it for about an hour just back and forth. It's one of the best things to do on Psychs in my opinion.

5-MeO-MiPT or 2C-X could be intersting, if used in the right dose...

In my experience, low to moderate dose 5-MeO-MiPT is nearly ideal for DJing. I wouldn't try it at higher than 8mg for this purpose though; moxy can get pretty intense as you scale up the dosage.

2C-Halides (particularily B and I) are great for this purpose as well. I've never had any trouble DJing (even managing synth parts live on keyboard is no problem with phenethylamines like these) even at high dosages. One of the best DJ sets of my life was performed on 30mg 2C-I + 400mg Oxyracetam.

So he bought some mdma, took some capsule(s) and went behind the mixtables. he always is tripping balls when he is djaying. by the way, the following 2 hours were insane.... not only the music, his whole energy flew into the crowd. since then, my friends and me call this the ******-method (=name of the dj).

Ha! I know who you are talking about, and have seen them perform twice, and I was pretty sure that one or both of them were on either a psychedelic or enactogen; MDMA was my best guess, but obviously it's hard to be sure about something like this. One thing was for sure though-- their pupils were way to big for them to have been sober haha!

Which one of the two were are you talking about here? Lets not name names, but let's say... the one with the larger build, or the one with the smaller build?

Know lots of people who love doing this kinda thing.

I have played about with DJ software while tripping and found it all flowed really well, music slowed down a lot more so I could here each individual noise to make playing with effects/mixing a lot easier and flow a lot nicer. Although I don't even have a MIDI controller so it's not like I was doing much.

Could see it being a real nice mix, but doing so live could end up in disaster if you can't hack your trip.