• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DIY Vivitrol injection

hypoeddy2

Greenlighter
Injecting yourself with vivitrol (naltrexone):

Ok, from what I've read I'm not breaking any forum rules by asking this but please let me know if so, and please don't ban my account. My goal here is to help myself and others where the pharmaceutical industry falls short because of profiteering on the desperation of others. Like most opiate addicts, my addiction got started due to the forceful efforts of a pharmaceutical company to push addicting drugs. I had a kidney stone that was immensely painful. Once removed though, I was not in any pain at all. They prescribe vicodin and I told the doctor "I'm not in any pain, I don't think I need it" and he responded to "just take it anyway just in case". So here I was taking vicodin every day when I wasn't in pain, and therein begins many years of greatly hampered performance, greatly diminished quality of life, and misery for anyone close to me. Now, if I want to help myself by getting an injection of a blocker, vivitrol, they want $1500 for a single injection and only after jumping through many hoops and providing adequate documentation that I've been through a treatment regimen. There certainly wasn't any hoops to jump through to get vicodin. Hmm, gee - I wonder if if it'd have anything to do their bottom line being effected if vivitrol was easily available to anyone who wanted it.

So my question is, what would prevent me from crushing up the naltrexone I have and injecting it in muscle tissue? People do this with other pills - the only possible concern to me would be the fillers in the pill, but at this point, that would be a risk worth taking - considering the huge benefit if it works. A vivitrol inection is 380mg of naltrexone. So I could crush up this many mg of naltrexone and inject it in my butt. Has anyone ever done this?

It does not work like that. The injections are formulated to slowly release. If you just inject all that at once it will wear off maybe a bit slower, but within a day or so.

You should be able to find a place that takes your insurance. Honestly though if you just want to be done with the dependency and don't have the craving to use associated with addiction then just go to a detox facility.