• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

DIY bong (disaster..)

Vaki

Greenlighter
Ok I know that this is common sense but... NEVER smoke out of a DIY bong! I was at a friends house last night and we had nothing to smoke from other than a homemade bong. I was reluctant at first but she assured me that it was perfectly safe and she has done a million times before and she convinced me (i know..).

She fills the bowl and I light it and take a massive hit. At first everything felt fine but as I exaled it I felt a very hot, burning smoke coming out and an AWFUL chemical taste, I started coughing hard for some seconds and then I started examining the bong trying to figure out what the fuck was going on... I take a look at the bowl and stem and I realised that what I thought was a glass stem was actually a PLASTIC pen! The metal bowl conducted the heat to the plastic which melt at a spot causing me to directly inhale all of that toxic, chemical filled smoke. A got very anxious (then I realised I've probably smoked worst stuff than that) but I took a couple of deep breaths to "clean" my lungs and thankfully I felt fine no headache, no shortness of breath.

It's a harm reduction site so I thought that my ordeal might be a lesson for stupid people like me who are thinking of making and smoking out of a homemade bong. I'm pretty sure that even if the stem wasn't plastic something would have still go wrong. Invest some money and buy a real bong like I did today.

Stay safe!

Ok I know that this is common sense but... NEVER smoke out of a DIY bong! I was at a friends house last night and we had nothing to smoke from other than a homemade bong. I was reluctant at first but she assured me that it was perfectly safe and she has done a million times before and she convinced me (i know..).

She fills the bowl and I light it and take a massive hit. At first everything felt fine but as I exaled it I felt a very hot, burning smoke coming out and an AWFUL chemical taste, I started coughing hard for some seconds and then I started examining the bong trying to figure out what the fuck was going on... I take a look at the bowl and stem and I realised that what I thought was a glass stem was actually a PLASTIC pen! The metal bowl conducted the heat to the plastic which melt at a spot causing me to directly inhale all of that toxic, chemical filled smoke. A got very anxious (then I realised I've probably smoked worst stuff than that) but I took a couple of deep breaths to "clean" my lungs and thankfully I felt fine no headache, no shortness of breath.

It's a harm reduction site so I thought that my ordeal might be a lesson for stupid people like me who are thinking of making and smoking out of a homemade bong. I'm pretty sure that even if the stem wasn't plastic something would have still go wrong. Invest some money and buy a real bong like I did today.

Stay safe!

If it's gonna get hot, don't use plastic.

Good rule of thumb.

We all make mistakes lol luckily plastic isn't bad in a one time go I'd imagine. For homemade stuff I stick with a paper tube steam roller with a bowl made from aluminum foil. Just get a tube from paper towels or toilet paper and cut a small hole out of the middle and make a bowl out of the foil cover the back with your hand remove hand to clear.

Easy and efficient

That sounds horrible, I've had something similar happen to me. That's why the only homemade bongs I smoke out of are never made of plastic unless it's a G-bong.

Salutations Vaki,

Ok I know that this is common sense but...

Personally i can never fall for such grotesque solutions and neither do i like water accessories as those proved being relatively as useless to me. Yet smoke is a non-option, always.

Good day, have fun!! =D