View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Distortion on psychedelics

Apeiros

Greenlighter
What would be some psychedelics with notably little distortive effects?
The generality of psychedelic distortion would include all distortions of senses and thought/imagination. An ideally distortion-free psychedelic would induce the psychedelic "clearer than sober" effect but in ideal coherence and stability. Without the characteristic chaoticness of a tripping state. With increased conscious control of thought processes. Etc.
This seems to happen (subtly) when using doses of LSD that don't quite manage to produce any wobbliness yet. I'm just wondering if such a state can be induced in significantly STRONGER form without introducing so much distortion.

Actually, I'd say this is perfectly comparable to the principle of amplifying a signal. When you have an ideal amplification for the signal, it remains clean but becomes stronger. In less ideal conditions the signal gets noise and may clip. This is apparent when listening to some old or cheap audio gear at high volumes.
I don't feel that psychedelics introduce the kind of distortion that is comparable to a clipping, noisy signal - it's "clean" distortion, at least on classical psychedelics. (Any examples of "dirty" distortion? Some RCs possibly?)
I'm not wanting to avoid distortion either, I mean, distortion is fun as hell. It's just that a perfectly clear and super-coherent psychedelic state would be of great use for some purposes. Like the perfect nootropic!

I love the analogy of audio amps.

I think that getting the enhancement without distortion is mainly a function of dosage rather than substance. Remember that in your analogy, the "amp" is your brain, which can only get turnt up so high before it clips/goes into feedback cycles. The drug is really just a controller which turns up the level of the signals all over the place, and different drugs turn up different parts of the signals, vs others. IMO the trick to getting the kind of enhancement you are talking about is using low dosages of psychedelics.

However, some PDs do seem better suited to this purpose as well. I'd name off LSD and 2C-e as being pretty renowned for that. I guess they might just tend to turn up all the right bits in all the right proportions. Of course they will go into distortion/feedback territory if you push them.

Perfectly clear? I'm not sure if that exists, however I found 2c-i to be very clear headed.
I would often still get lost in the visuals but my mind didn't really feel psychedelisized for lack of a better word

One of the most clear-headed trips I've taken was on mescaline - I had pretty strong visuals, but I felt minimal changes to my thought patterns. I felt like normal me going on a journey, not fucked up.

The NBOMe series is also known for producing strong visuals with much less cognitive distortion than classic psychedelics. I've only tried an NBOMe once at a very low dose, and didn't have too exciting of a trip. I am interested, but the health dangers surrounding these drugs are a bit worrisome. I'm personally letting more time and research pass before really exploring this series.

LSA if you lnow how to trip on it gives you the most clear headed and awesome feeling imaginable in my experience.