• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Distorted face perception while high on weed

before vision is recomposited into a reasonable 3-d depth perception with objects, it is broken up into fragments each literally processed in a separate part of the brain i.e. for color, for edges, for patterns, for figure ground separation, left side, right side of each eye dealt with separately each in maybe 20 different regions each of which can easily slip into consciousness before the seamless tableau of vision is knit together "meaningfully".

meantime, part of your perception is engaged in looking for faces amidst the chaos of light and dark blobs - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeepDream

%22Mona_Lisa%22_with_DeepDream_effect_using_VGG16_network_trained_on_ImageNet.jpg

so
while stoned, you probably are catching this stuff, which always happens between the frames of what we usually take for granted from visual perception.
expect it
it is 100% normal

What I found about weed was not so much about the psychedelic effect, rather more about the cognitive process under the influence, Gunja to me was always an anxious journey, was I going to experience bouts of laughter? was I going to experience paranoia? a journey inwards so to speak, that was until I had my first episode of face morphing, I was terrified, as was the other participant at the time, nonetheless we said nothing to each other that evening, I simmered on the ordeal overnight and into the next day, until the other participant felt the need to explain what they also had experienced without a mention of my own, thus revealing the same imagery that i had been shown, to my surprise they had explained to detail all that had been revealed to me in the same vision. My relationship with marijuana changed from that day onwards, I never felt fear and I ever look forward to it happening again, over the years it has, not always, but pleasantly surprised me when it does, I begin to see certain people's face morph, I've been witness to others seeing and validating their first time happenings with me also and I've been able to alleviate their surprise when they feel the distortion of perception only for them to embrace the moment and enjoy the revealing of knowing someone from another place in time. I suggest you read 'many lives, many masters' by Brian Weiss. The journey inwards has many revelations.

Psychedelic is Greek for "Mind Manifesting".
Medical terms are derived from Latin and Greek. This was the original definition used in the 50's and 60's by clinicians before the definition became more "popularized" with the 60's hippy movement.
This original definition is what I was referring to, so in essence we are talking about the same thing.