• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

distinguishing amphetamine from methamphetamine

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helloworld4214

A friend of mine is paranoid that some pressed pills he has might contain methamphetamine instead of the drug he'd like to take, amphetamine. Three questions:
1) Is there a test which can distinguish amphetamine vs methamphetamine content in a pressed pill?
2) Would the subjective effects of taking an oral dose of methamphetamine be noticeably different from an oral dose of amphetamine?
3) Should he even be worried about this? Is methamphetamine that much cheaper/easier to manufacture that there's an incentive to cut amphetamine with it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

No, you shouldn't be particularly worried, in the sense that amphetamine and methamphetamine aren't that different. And much speed these days is cut with meth, so that's probably what you're used to anyway. The only thing you may find annoying is the duration of action - it will tend to last longer than pure speed.

BTW - please sign up and create an account, it doesn't take long, but at least you'll be able to reply to threads you start! :)

Considering most people find Desoxyn (racemic meth) more desirable than Adderall (racemic amphetamine), one might even suggest that pure methamphetamine could be preferable w.r.t. effects when taken recreationally. I'm not a fan of amphetamines personally, but I've often seen people who've tried both say that the main differences are a stronger feeling of euphoria, less anxiety, a longer duration (~2x as long, depending on the person), and requiring a lower dose for comparable effects.

What you might want to be more worried about are the possible impurities leftover from synthesis (aziridines, ephedrine, phenylacetone, etc) and common cutting agents (ephedrine again, phentermine, benzylamine derivatives), which are probably going to be similar in both street meth and street amphetamine.

I would be very happy finding out (should I use amphetamines) that my stuff was meth, amphetamines make you feel good, but meth makes you feel way more euphoric! Tho I only have experience with smoking Crystal Meth, which is the most potent form of meth and a ROA that gives a hell of a rush compared to taking normal meth in any other way, yet, I'm sure the difference in euphoria and intensity should be very obvious, as well as a different smell, taste and structure...

Really? Because amp's I was able to use years ago a few grams day and night, but with Meth (Crystal Meth tho, which is stronger than Meth) I feel it becoming almost too intense after only the first dose I smoked? (about 150 mg.)

Can you or your friend test the pills? Methamphetamine, from what I've been told by people who are into it, is a lot more powerful/potent, and stronger than even high doses of Amphetamine sulphate, Adderall, and Dexedrine are. Meth is also highly neurotoxic at pretty much any dose, while Amphetamine-dexedrine/Adderall, etc. is not in low/moderate doses. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Meth should work 12h, first 6h nice comeup, after that next 6h should have good mood and stimulation, trying to get sleep next 24h after dosing good dose is pretty much impossible without sleepaid. Meth should be 2x more long and stronger by effects than amphetamine. When we speak about recreational doses.

we can't ID any drugs you have over the internet, its clearly stated in the BLUA.

I'm by no means an expert on shooting up but I'm not stupid either you know so I never miss you know if it's not registered I don't go it was registered this time but in a vein that's known to have scar tissue it was barely registering so I was going along and I looked away for a second I look back and it's bubbling up so I stopped there was never any pain or nothing until after I pull the needle out now it is knotted up big time I'm just I just want anybody to let me know am I going to get an infection is there something that I need to do please you know I'm not an expert at this shit and it's my first time missing. Its crystal meth by the way any info you might have be greatly appreciated thank you

I think it's probably time to close this one and it actually should've been closed earlier, as the only truly dependable and accurate way of determining whether your Amphetamine is Methylated or not is by having it diagnostically tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.