• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

dissolving Valium tablets in propylene glycol

cashfl0w_d0nkey

Bluelight Crew
So some of you may have seen the thread I made a few weeks back about protracted benzo withdrawal after a period of years being off of benzos. I ended up trying a low dose of benzos (stupidly, perhaps) and it did seem to help. I realized that one of the triggers for my withdrawal coming back with such great force was a stomach medicine I was prescribed that contained phenobarbital. Anyway, I don't like the feeling of benzos but in the days after taking a small dose of Valium, I feel pretty good. It isn't the acute effects of the benzo that I'm after but rather the residual effects. As it stands, I can take a quarter of a 10mg tablet and feel fine for around two days.

I went to my doctor recently and got a refill on my 10mg Valium prescription from years ago and am intending to make a solution with the tablets to be able to titrate my doses to a very small amount, say 1mg or less, decreasing over the course of a month or so. What I'm wondering is if there are any issues with solubility of pills in propylene glycol vs. pure benzos? I plan to dissolve around 12 tablets weighing around 300mg each (guesstimate) in 2 fluid oz of propylene glycol. Anyone have experience with this or have any idea of why this may or may not work? All feedback is appreciated.

I think glycerine would be better, PG burns the tongue. You could make the solution and it will work, but why not just take quarter tablets if thats what your happy with right now?

If you have been off benzos for years you are better off not taking them at all, you are treading in dangerous waters.

Agreed, been there... if you feel a need to self-medicate with something like benzo's it is really important find alternatives, get help finding them or just wait out withdrawals. I've had w/d syndrome from benzo's for over a year, and realizing that I still have issues I requested Lyrica as medication. That is doing wonders now, and while I have taken benzo's since then, I never feel anymore like I need them.

Cause the need tends to be structural, and you must know that being on them just tends to lead to misery.

If you are not on them now there should be no real need to titrate down, so do not go up with your dose starting a habit that is not yet back.

I've had butylscopolamine / buscopal, but that is not psychoactive. Pretty freaky that anti-spasmodic for the gut contains belladonna alkaloids (atropine / hyoscyamine / scopolamine) and phenobarb... why not all switch to non centrally active analogues.. :S

Thanks guys. You are definitely correct... This was a terrible idea to try the low-dose/ taper thing. I had taken 2mg of diazepam a few times, days apart, thinking it was leveling me out, but yesterday proved me wrong. I felt relief for about two hours before launching into probably the worst anxiety I've ever experienced. Today I feel pretty terrible as well and will try to go back to the doctor soon to see about getting on Lyrica. I toughed out the PAWS for years but now that I know that under intense stress it can surface in such extreme ways, I really need to find a solution.

Thanks again for the replies guys... It feels really good to get on here and hear from others that have been through what I have and can tell me exactly what I need to hear. Much love. <3

Pretty freaky that anti-spasmodic for the gut contains belladonna alkaloids (atropine / hyoscyamine / scopolamine) and phenobarb... why not all switch to non centrally active analogues.. :S

Yes, I thought it was quite the interesting coctail myself...

By the way, what doses of Lyrica are you taking and at what frequency?

how do you know the reason you started taking valium again wasnt for the same reason you originally took it? I dont know of any drug that can replace benzo's so it may be that you need them? or is this a wrong view of looking at it

^ I feel that I've really damaged (changed) my GABA system with my years of benzo abuse. Benzos certainly do cover up the symptoms, but I can't use them anymore because the rebound symptoms are simply too intense. Also, I don't like the way they make me feel. I was going through a protracted withdrawal for the previous three years and came back from a recent business trip very stressed out. I went to the doctor for some stomach issues (my stomach constantly felt like it was in a knot) and was prescribed some medicine that had phenobarbital in it. I also around the same time took a low dose of phenazepam to see if it would calm me down and it did. I got it in my head that I would try to get on a low dose of benzos and then do a long taper and see if this would ease my symptoms, as I essentially cold-turkeyed off Xanax three years ago, but now that I've tried taking low-dose Valium a few times I can see that it is not a solution. I'm not sure what to classify what I'm feeling now (rebound symptoms? re-emergence of withdrawal?), but it sucks...