• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dissolving in Wine

relinquishall

Greenlighter
If I dissolve pills in wine before ingesting, does that lower (or possibly destroy) the potency of the drugs?

I don't know why you would ever do this, but if you plan on drugging someone by putting sedatives in their drink, I would suggest you not be a piece of shit and do that. This is a harm reduction site, not some site to help you date rape someone.

Go somewhere else.

And what drugs are we talking about?

Wine (ethanol) itself is a drug, so really what we are talking about is the interaction between ethanol and the "drugs" you mention.

You wouldn't be the first person to "fortify" wine with other fun stuff. I'm not really sure that I see the point in the practice, however. There was a time when products like Mariani Wine (Red Wine/Cocaine) were popular, but I feel the majority of their popularity was due to the wave of patent medicines and such with relatively (by today's standards) obscure ingredients. I don't think your average consumer in modern times would be satisfied with a product description amounting to, "Well, it's wine and we dumped a little Coke in it"

this sounds super dodgy mate
like date-rapey dodgy
why dont you just wash your pills down with the wine instead of dissolving them?

Because the instructions said to pulverize the pills before ingesting them, but I have no mortar and pestle and can't buy one. So I thought that dissolving in booze would do the trick just as well.

ahaa, now i feel more comfortable
its all about tHat CONTExT Bbyyy

Because the instructions said to pulverize the pills before ingesting them, but I have no mortar and pestle and can't buy one. So I thought that dissolving in booze would do the trick just as well.

Yea it'll likely dissolve the pills but may take awhile depending on the pill. You also need to consider any possible interactions between consuming alcohol and whatever pill your talking about.

You don't need a mortar and pestle to grind a pill... Mortar and pestle just makes things easy. Plenty of people grind pills by various methods: crushing it with something, rubbing the pill against something like a cheese grater, chewing on the pill, etc.

For example you can fold a piece of paper around a pill (so that pieces of the pill don't go flying off) and crush it with something hard... A rock, a lighter, a hammer, etc. This is just one of many ways.

Fold up the pills split in half or 1/4's by pressing down on each side of the pill ( if possible like with roxicodone ) then fold them in a dollar bill. Use a lighter and crush them, pour it out.