Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissolve 2cb in water

sent

Greenlighter
Hi,

Swim would like to dissolve 2cb in normal water, because dosing this is very hard.

Swim would like to use the following forula:

Water : 2cb
1ml : 3mg

Meaning that a tube of 5ml (ghb tube) will get a strengt of 3x5 = 15mg

Swim bought alle materials at a local brewing shop. (fireproof measuring glasses, digital thermometer, measuring needles, small jars, bottles etc.)

Swim would like to start by trying to solve 75mg 2cb into 25ml of water

A couple of questions:
- Has anyone experience with this, maybe some hints?
- Does the 2cb automatically dissolve when the water reaches just below the cooking point? (99 degrees)
- Does this also work for al other tryptamines or phenyl's? (only the ones which can be taken orally)

greets,

Hello and welcome :)

Actually I am quite certain that there is a good number of people here who have used this method, it's called the liquid measurement technique (or volumetric measurement since liquids are measured in volumes ;) ) and you can find a whole thread on it here

2C-B is definitely suited to do this with but looking at your plan there are a few things to take into account:

- This only works if you know you really do have 75 mg. Alright if it's 85 there is no man overboard but if you are mistaken for some reason then that would result in stronger trips than anticipated. (Or weaker of course, but that would get you disappointed in the worst scenario).
- Continuing that previous point, not everyone is equally sensitive to 2C-B dosage-wise. I know people who trip balls at around 15 mg. Personally I like 35 mg for a good strong trip because compared to other psychedelics 2C-B is somewhat mild. If you have little or no experience tripping it's another story!
I'm saying that because using a GHB vial (I think they are called scintillation vials sometimes) is not very exact. It might not matter for some people because an error in dose is fine with them since they can take a lot anyway. First be sure you are not like that guy I know who trips balls at 15. If you are OK with the error margin then I guess a GHB vial is okay. Might be a sweet idea to measure the length of the vial, and put lines on a piece of paper divided over 5 parts of that signifying whole and half milliliters. Helps to gauge your dose. Better yet, get a syringe that comes with such lines.
- There is no need for boiling water. It probably doesn't hurt 2C-B like it would hurt tryptamines but 2C-B already dissolves in water okay. There are more than 1 form of 2C-B, namely the HCl and HBr salts mostly. They don't dissolve equally good but at your concentration you should be fine either way.
- Here's what you should do: dump the 2C-B in the measured volume of liquid. Swirl it around and give it some time to dissolve, it doesn't go rapidly like with say salt or sugar. If after like 10-15 minutes there is some left undissolved, apply some heat. Obviously use heat-resistant containers, just use glass. Boron glass is probably not necessary in this case (lab glass / pyrex / borex (sp?) ). You should see the rest dissolve quickly in that case and when it cools down nothing should lay on the bottom.
- Make sure nothing lays on the bottom if you plan on using water. Here's why: water can contaminate with bacteria / mold or whatever. Of course you can only store your 2C-B solution as long as you can store water. For 75 mg it's probably good because I assume it will be consumed within a rather modest span of time. Still, a refridgerator is smart.
- If you want to use long term / bigger volume solutions use something like vodka, something that contains at least 20-25% alcohol, preferably clear and rather pure like vodka (better than whiskey IMO lol). You can dilute the vodka.

As for your last question: yes lots and lots of phenethylamines (PEAs) and tryptamines dissolve in water in their salt form. Things like AMT or other tryptamines occasionally come in freebase form, and those do not dissolve in water. To remedy that you can add an acid like vinegar to your liquid/solution, it turns the freebase into the salt right where you stand. :D

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply, this helps me very much!

- This only works if you know you really do have 75 mg. Alright if it's 85 there is no man overboard but if you are mistaken for some reason then that would result in stronger trips than anticipated. (Or weaker of course, but that would get you disappointed in the worst scenario).
I have a scale which can mease up to 0.001g, but it only gets effective when you measure +50mg, so it's not very usefull with lower doses. I can say i can measure 75mg with a range of + or -5 mg.

- Continuing that previous point, not everyone is equally sensitive to 2C-B dosage-wise. I know people who trip balls at around 15 mg. Personally I like 35 mg for a good strong trip because compared to other psychedelics 2C-B is somewhat mild. If you have little or no experience tripping it's another story!
I'm saying that because using a GHB vial (I think they are called scintillation vials sometimes) is not very exact. It might not matter for some people because an error in dose is fine with them since they can take a lot anyway. First be sure you are not like that guy I know who trips balls at 15. If you are OK with the error margin then I guess a GHB vial is okay. Might be a sweet idea to measure the length of the vial, and put lines on a piece of paper divided over 5 parts of that signifying whole and half milliliters. Helps to gauge your dose. Better yet, get a syringe that comes with such lines.

I'm common with 2cb, 15 mg gives me a good and strong trip. In the past i've don 2cb trips up to 35mg, but that was way to much for me, 15mg is perfect.

I don't measure with the GHB vial, i only store the portions in there, which i can put in the fridge (a vial is exactly 5ml). I mease with a syringe, which goes from 1 - 10ml.

- There is no need for boiling water. It probably doesn't hurt 2C-B like it would hurt tryptamines but 2C-B already dissolves in water okay. There are more than 1 form of 2C-B, namely the HCl and HBr salts mostly. They don't dissolve equally good but at your concentration you should be fine either way.

Ok, no boiling then :)

- Here's what you should do: dump the 2C-B in the measured volume of liquid. Swirl it around and give it some time to dissolve, it doesn't go rapidly like with say salt or sugar. If after like 10-15 minutes there is some left undissolved, apply some heat. Obviously use heat-resistant containers, just use glass. Boron glass is probably not necessary in this case (lab glass / pyrex / borex (sp?) ). You should see the rest dissolve quickly in that case and when it cools down nothing should lay on the bottom.
- Make sure nothing lays on the bottom if you plan on using water. Here's why: water can contaminate with bacteria / mold or whatever. Of course you can only store your 2C-B solution as long as you can store water. For 75 mg it's probably good because I assume it will be consumed within a rather modest span of time. Still, a refridgerator is smart.

Thanks fir this manual, this really comes in handy!
I have bought fireproof labglas, so that i can use.

Is it better to use demineralized water??

When the 2cb is dissolved i will store it in a fridge! how long can i store it then?

[qoute]
- If you want to use long term / bigger volume solutions use something like vodka, something that contains at least 20-25% alcohol, preferably clear and rather pure like vodka (better than whiskey IMO lol). You can dilute the vodka.
[/quote]

You mean that i should put it in vodka so i don't have to put it in the fridge and i can store it for months, maybe years?
Does the alcohol have any effect on the 2cb itself?
is it hard / nessecary to dillute the vodka?

What solipsis said, and a few more things.....

Do you know what salt you have? Important for solubility as well as dosing. As Sol said, there are two salts that are the most common....Hydrochloride and Hydrobromide. Hydrobromide is very soluble in water and weighs a bit more. 29mg of the HBr is equipotent to about 25mg of the HCl. (there are also mixed forms of the HBr salt which can weigh even more).A lot of the HBr I have seen is a bit tannish in color, but I have seen white. I've only ever seen white HCl, as this takes a few more steps and I imagine the quality control is a bit higher in those willing to take these few extra steps. The HCl is soluble in water but it is alot harder....should be fine at that low of concentration but you may require heating. (case in point: the HCl is often crystallized from water, but with acetic acid added in addition to make the freebase soluble. )

Good luck, have fun, be safe <3

Last edited:
practical chem 101

I have a scale which can mease up to 0.001g, but it only gets effective when you measure +50mg, so it's not very usefull with lower doses. I can say i can measure 75mg with a range of + or -5 mg.

Well alright then, good that you have a scale to determine the mass for yourself. If the scale "creeps" which is what you probably mean by not being effective at low doses, why don't you use something that is > 50 mg to start with?
Luckily my cheap ass 0.001 scale that was 6 times as cheap as my 0.005 lab-scale (with a big plastic dome and everything) doesn't creep even at low doses. But if it does why not put on something that serves as a sort of miniature plate and weigh your powder accurately on that?

(sidenote: Labs have weighing papers and weighing 'cups' for that purpose. I fold a square diagonally so that you can fold it and not spill anything. Good weighing paper or ponypacks are made of wax-coated paper. Probably available on the internet for you if you plan on experimenting with powders a hobby, I bought them in a smartshop which is like a headshop only they sell ethnobotanics and legal drugs in my country. My 0.001 scale has a little plastic plate that is ideal honestly!)

Still, liquid measurement increases your accuracy by the order of magnitude you start with. So 75 mg can be measured 75x as well that way (unless my logic is flawed) so I recommend it.

Is it better to use demineralized water??

I'd say yes, almost always. It's more significant when you do chemical reactions, especially sensitive ones, but for storage of a chemical it might increase your shelflife because there are no minerals in it that might help bacteria to grow.

When the 2cb is dissolved i will store it in a fridge! how long can i store it then?

It's really very hard to say. Sometimes there are very little germs in there that may germinate into flakes of bacteria or mold, and sometimes there are. But this is why I said this:
Make sure nothing lays on the bottom if you plan on using water. Here's why: water can contaminate with bacteria / mold or whatever.

Well I didn't finish that thought: you should make sure everything is dissolved well and nothing is laying on the bottom because later on after you have kept it for a while you can test if the solution is still okay by swirling it. If you see stuff swirling up in the liquid that had been laying on the bottom then it's probably bacteria and you shouldn't take it.
So.... if you start with sediments already laying in the bottom you won't know what is what!

You mean that i should put it in vodka so i don't have to put it in the fridge and i can store it for months, maybe years?

Exactly. The higher the alcohol % the better it will keep. Above 15-20% is generally good enough but more is even better.
How many years will it be okay theoretically? Hell again, hard to say. Perhaps something can live in alcoholic liquids? Make sure you don't expose your solution more to the outside world then necessary although with alcohol that's merely general precaution.

Does the alcohol have any effect on the 2cb itself?

The alcohol doesn't affect the 2C-B but if you have very low concentrations then the alcohol obviously affects you and your trip. That's all. 2C-B is quite stable, it is said pretty much all or most phenethylamines are. There are stable enough tryptamines as well but less so in general. 4-HO tryptamines are notoriously sensitive.

is it hard / nessecary to dillute the vodka?

Diluting vodka is as easy as measuring half or more of the volume with vodka and adding it up to the total volume with water. In your case 25 ml total. So 15 ml vodka and 10 ml water is probably what I would do as a rule of thumb, although making it all 25 ml vodka is no waste IMO. So maybe that's better.

Is it necessary? Already covered that. :)

Last edited:
The alcohol doesn't affect the 2C-B but if you have very low concentrations then the alcohol obviously affects you and your trip. That's all. 2C-B is quite stable, it is said pretty much all or most phenethylamines are. There are stable enough tryptamines as well but less so in general. 4-HO tryptamines are notoriously sensitive.

Meaning I can't apply this to my batch of 4-HO-MIPT?

Can i dissolve the 4-HO-mipt in water then?
What about 4-acetoxy-dmt?

above 2 substances i would like to dissolve next :)

Bringing the topic back to life... What amount of water would it be best for 2-CB HBr salt or it doesn't matter? Let's say if I want to dilute 100mg of the salt in 500ml of water...
Would it make sense to just take around 100ml of that liquid which should contain around 20mg of the salt? And I was wondering if it'd be better to down it all at once or drink it over time (let's say 30 minutes).