Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dissociatives I need advice

hangingbirches

Greenlighter
Hello, im very scared

For about a year i abused DCK almost every two weeks and sometimes my use would become too extreme when i dosed two times a week. I never weighed but im quite sure my dosing 30-60 mg per trip.
The last time I used the trip was very empty compared to previous experiences, i just sat outside and couldnt think of anything. Next morning i woke up with tinnitus
Since then, for about 6 months now im experiencing
Brain fog
My creativity and imagination are diminished a lot
Emotional numbness
Trouble sleeping
Depression
Tinnitus, in the form of white noise like from a tv
Chaotic thoughts
Also during the year i abused DCK i smoked weed daily

Im just terrified, my doctor couldn't give me anwsers in regards to my recovery.
Is there a chance this is as good as permanent as in ill be stuck with this for 3+ years
Please give me reassurance, I need my old self back

If not here is there a place where I could ask in regards to my prognosis?

Going to move your thread to Psychedelic Drugs as it fits better there.

It's impossible for us to give you a complete assessment over the internet.

But, for what it's worth, I somehow doubt that you've developed permanent damage from this dissociative use. Are there any other factors at play here possibly? Like any kind of physical issues you may have, or possibly a mental illness of sorts has developed?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but many people have experienced much more extensive dissociative abuse and come out find with no permanent side effects.

I would just try and give it some time. Maybe talk to a therapist about it or get evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Going to move your thread to Psychedelic Drugs as it fits better there.

It's impossible for us to give you a complete assessment over the internet.

But, for what it's worth, I somehow doubt that you've developed permanent damage from this dissociative use. Are there any other factors at play here possibly? Like any kind of physical issues you may have, or possibly a mental illness of sorts has developed?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but many people have experienced much more extensive dissociative abuse and come out find with no permanent side effects.

I would just try and give it some time. Maybe talk to a therapist about it or get evaluated by a psychiatrist.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
I also used other substances during that year: zoloft and kratom, some others but they were one offs or very infrequent like stronger opiates or benzos

Did you taper the zoloft when you quit using it or did you do it cold turkey or are you still using it?

Quite the cocktail there, bound to have problems somewhere.

My first port of call is zoloft.

Did you taper the zoloft when you quit using it or did you do it cold turkey or are you still using it?

Quite the cocktail there, bound to have problems somewhere.

My first port of call is zoloft.
I tapered off as advised by the psychiatrist but just a little bit slower

Sounds like how i feel after a major ket binge...
Gets worse every time basicly, but so far ive always kind of recover after a time of sobriety.
Thc makes it alot worse imo.
The combo of dissio and cannabis abuse just makes you legally retarded after some time.
You need to cut both and find some way to be active and use your Body/mind while recovering.

The issue for me that i usually go back after some time.
My best defence has been kratom.
I had almost a year where i didnt touch dissios while being on kratom.

However i stopped since kratom has its own backsides.
Back on it now though, i feel like TS atm after doing way to much ket/thc the last months.

Sounds like how i feel after a major ket binge...
Gets worse every time basicly, but so far ive always kind of recover after a time of sobriety.
Thc makes it alot worse imo.
The combo of dissio and cannabis abuse just makes you legally retarded after some time.
You need to cut both and find some way to be active and use your Body/mind while recovering.

The issue for me that i usually go back after some time.
My best defence has been kratom.
I had almost a year where i didnt touch dissios while being on kratom.

However i stopped since kratom has its own backsides.
Back on it now though, i feel like TS atm after doing way to much ket/thc the last months.
Its been 6 months for me and i dont notice much improvement. Should i be worried or is it typical for it to take this long?

Its hard since i know absolutely nothing about you.
I suspect dissios can deplete various nutrients and/or neurochemicals.
Along with changing motor and thought patterns.

You need to somehow restart yourself, maybe you cant muster up inspiration to do what you used to do.
But you can try to use your time to get new experiences.

Try to research basic nutrition and make sure you eat plenty of everything you need.

Worrying about permanent damage is not productive.
Ive literally done well over +100g ket in my life, bunch of mxe and various other pcx analogues.

Seriously if you a fudged then im a few steps worse.
I have so far been able to crawl up each time from the pit of insanity and despair.

Basicly strength training and eating as good as possible keeps me sane.
If i dont train i loose all motivation to do anything.

I usually have a few good months and then end up in a binge again.
Sometimes its just a day or two, but other times it can become a few days a week for a month or so...
Reality is not pleasent after such a deep dive.

Honestly just going to echo the other advice, you just need to be patient and allow time to do its thing. Even if you have permanent damage the course of action is the same as if it is temporary.

Focus on mental hygiene (ie practice mindfulness maybe even see a therapist to build up those skills), get in the habit of doing aerobic exercise a few times a week, eat a balanced meal with plenty of vegetables and be prepared to wait.

Unfortunately homeostasis takes a long time, especially with drugs affecting ion channel receptors (as opposed to gpcrs which both up regulate and down regulate somewhat more nimbly).