• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives and the ability of quitting smoking.

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
For some reason when under the influence of dissociatives I do not feel the need for nicotine. In fact, the thought of lighting one up doesn't even come accros my mental circle. Is it just because I am completely distracted while binging for weeks or is there a neurological explanation to this? I also wondered if any other people have noticed this particular interesting quality or their experience with smoking your normal amount of addictive ish while high on disso's. I would like to hear your experiences.

PS: Computers should have windshield wipers to wash off the amount of fly poop in the summer.

I never enjoyed my experience with disassociatives. I didn't know i f3lt good until I had come down and realized I was high. The term disassociative doesn't come from some scientists asshole. You understand what completely leaving ur reality while somehow still experiencing it does to ur consciousness.

I hated it. But good luck in ur adventures

The term dissociative comes from in the way these drugs dissociate ourselves from our sober world into a realm of where you are dissociated from your regular self. There's so much ego-loss you might feel as if you are a different person or in extreme cases, melt along with the whole universe. And as the universe exists out of intelligence and people their souls aswell it is not that hard to figure out that this is in fact possible. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy these much.

Dissociatives and Psychedlics can most definetly help people with treating addictions. Tripping is what helped me to break that habit 10 years ago and I smoked for quite awhile. They really let you take a look at yourself from another perspective and want to make a positive change.

They definetly produce some of the most profound Ego Loss like you mentioned Aeon Psyche. Probably went the furthest out there in my life on High doses of Ketamine, Methoxetamine and Dextromethorphan. But these compounds can be really addictive and you should try to use them sparingly and approach with some caution, do as much research as possible.

In terms of certain arylcyclohexylamines and dextromethorphan, I believe some of them have effects on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor system similar to nicotine, except they have a longer duration so you won't be craving nicotine while they're agonizing the same site nicotine does.

I'm short on time to go looking for the Ki values on all of them, but 3-meo-pcp ime has strong anti-craving effects for nicotine, and DXM has some similar potential. It frustrates me that I can't find the Ki values atm...if you just look at DXM's wikipedia(I know..shitty source), it's listed to have a mild effect on nAChR. I remember reading something specifically regarding several PCx compounds working on nAChR, but I can't find any credible sources atm. I definitely think some dissociatives directly effect nAChR, and hopefully I'm not just imagining reading about some of them working similar to nicotine as agonists!

The hallucinogenic headspace they put you in can definitely distract you from cravings too and possibly lead to introspection into the habit of smoking itself, making it less appealing to smoke. But I also think there's some pharmacological mechanism that the psychedelics don't possess that makes them so good at nullifying the desire to smoke.

Ive noticed this aswell, i tend to smoke hash daily with tobacco in periods of a few months once in awhile.
Whenever i want to quit i just go into a ketamine bingen for a few days and let the nicotine get out of my system.
Then i just need to stay away from the ket hehe.

Also if i smoke cannabis with tobacco while on K i get dizzy and hole like crazy.
A few puffs can be nice but generally its not really a good experience if i overdo it.
But some mapacho snuff to clear my nose can be very rewarding between the lines i put upp there.

Mapacho snuff? I desire to only smoke things without nicotine. A small puff of a blunt wrap or using dried calea zacatechichi to help my dreams..

Interesting to see this come up. 3-meo-pcp *completely* erases my desire to smoke tobacco. I had a similar experience with DXM in my young and stupid days as well....

aha see i am not alone. i didn't smoke anything for 50gr of 2-f-dck straight...no idea how i picked it up again : s the first 3 days imo are the hardest to quit smoking cigs. after that you need to keep up your mind telling, it's over...