View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociated from LSD Experience?

Morticaw

Greenlighter
So I had a pretty annoying experience on LSD, and was wondering if this is common and/or if there are ways to avoid something similar happening. It was on ~400ug (i think) and while the first hour of the peak was all good, for some reason the next 6 hours felt extremely...numb. I knew I was on lsd, I “knew” what my body was feeling but I didn’t feel it myself. For example at one point I put on a song (and music ALWAYS blows me away on acid) but I didn’t even enjoy it because I kept feeling like my body was listening to this song but not me. I felt extremely detached from my body including any euphoria I would’ve otherwise felt. This made me feel quite uncomfortable for a long time and, to be honest, REALLY bored. And I never thought that was possible on lsd.

In the end i gave up and took a benzo to fall asleep because it just was not enjoyable. So has anyone experienced something like this before? Could it have been the dose(i usually do more around 200ug) or the set and setting (i was alone in my room, but I tried walking around outside a bit and felt “silly” about what my body was doing)? Anything I can do to avoid such an experience? It’s my understanding that lsd is not supposed to be a classic dissociative (and I don’t even know if that’s what dissociatives normally do)

Thank you so much :)

That doesn't sound like LSD. IME a decent dose of LSD can do a lot of things to you, but it will not leave you bored. There is only one way to be sure, have your hits tested if you still have any.

Happens sometimes, but most usually due to tolerance - physical or otherwise.

While you might have lowered it by waiting X amount of days, or compensating by dosing higher - there’s definitely a mental aspect of it as well. While you might get visuals, much of the profoundness is lacking, and you stay grounded so to speak.

That doesn't sound like LSD. IME a decent dose of LSD can do a lot of things to you, but it will not leave you bored. There is only one way to be sure, have your hits tested if you still have any.

Exactly, that’s why I was so surprised since i know it IS LSD (tested and everything + i had already tripped on a tab from the same batch and had an amazing experience)

Happens sometimes, but most usually due to tolerance - physical or otherwise.

While you might have lowered it by waiting X amount of days, or compensating by dosing higher - there’s definitely a mental aspect of it as well. While you might get visuals, much of the profoundness is lacking, and you stay grounded so to speak.

That’s actually possible I guess, I had tripped a week before this and had had an awesome experience (was probably one of my favourite ones too). I was really excited to trip again but alas it ended up being a very bland and “dissociated” trip. At the same time though, i WAS tripping. The visuals were quite heavy and I did experience the usual psychedelic mindfuck during the first hour or so, afterwards I just felt like I became my consciousness that was seperate from my body and thus could not feel any of the joy or excitement that I would have felt otherwise

That’s actually possible I guess, I had tripped a week before this and had had an awesome experience (was probably one of my favourite ones too). I was really excited to trip again but alas it ended up being a very bland and “dissociated” trip. At the same time though, i WAS tripping. The visuals were quite heavy and I did experience the usual psychedelic mindfuck during the first hour or so, afterwards I just felt like I became my consciousness that was seperate from my body and thus could not feel any of the joy or excitement that I would have felt otherwise

This must be it then. After one week most (not all) of the physical tolerance is gone, but the magic isn't fully restored. My rule is to wait two weeks at least, preferably more. These days I only trip a couple of times a year.

Expectations likely also play a role. Tripping again so close after such a positive trip it's going to be difficult to compete. Even after waiting longer, always try to go in with as little expectation as possible. Be open to a new experience.

This must be it then. After one week most (not all) of the physical tolerance is gone, but the magic isn't fully restored. My rule is to wait two weeks at least, preferably more. These days I only trip a couple of times a year.

Expectations likely also play a role. Tripping again so close after such a positive trip it's going to be difficult to compete. Even after waiting longer, always try to go in with as little expectation as possible. Be open to a new experience.

I agree, I myself have lost way to many blotters this way, always ending up rather disappointed.

The two week rule of thumb is good, and while you can definitely trips before that, it’s rarely the same.

thanks everyone, the most likely culprit seems to be psychological tolerance. hopefully my next trip will go a lot better :)