• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dissapointed with first 2 Oxycodone experiences. Anyone have any idea why?

AtlasBagger

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, new user here.

Hypothetical situation - a guy with a mild codeine habit (about 100mg almost everyday) and decent tolerance to this drug has been wanting a stronger opiate hit for some time. He managed to obtain 4 20mg Oxycodone pills. Orange with '20' written on them. He is searching for that blissful cosy high that he felt first few times he did xanax (and he absolutely loved life) and imagined without tolerance oxycodone would provide a few hours of blissful peaceful happiness. He tried one 20mg pill yesterday and felt mild sedation and very very slight mood elevation but was very disappointed. He later mixed this with a bottle of wine and 10mg valium which is supposedly deadly but he was absolutely fine. Today he took 40mg and is currently feeling a mildly nice body high and blurred vision, but there is a strange undercurrent of fear or anxiety which is disappointing as he would hope his horrible anxiety would fade away with this drug. Not a particularly peasant high. Why is he feeling so little from what I understand is a strong first/second time dose? Codeine tolerance maybe? Interaction with Sertaline (Zoloft)? The hangover from last night? Is Oxycodone not as euphoric a drug as he thought it would be? Obtained from reputable source with good reviews.

Sorry if this is a unnecessarily long and boring post - motor skills not so great right now lol.

Also, if he wanted to make this high a bit nicer would you recommend taking a 10mg valium or 2mg klonopin? He has been taking benzos almost every day for 2 weeks however, and does not want to become addicted, he is feeling extremely anxious and almost suicidal so any sort of withdrawal could be dangerous.

Thank you :)!!!

This is probably a good thing as I have always wanted to try heroin but if it is like this but stronger I'm not interested. Maybe this guy just doesn't like the high. LOVEs benzos and codeine though.

This happens/happend to everyone I know including myself.

My first 2-3 experiences with Oxycodone were dissapointing.. Don't know why...

But then after I kept using Oxy.. it started to become my drug of choice, the most euphoric drug I've ever tried. That still stands today.

You're body just has to get used to it I guess.

I see - thanks for the reply. Feeling very nauseous now, v much regretting taking it :( anything I can do to make my self feel a bit better?

Nausea is a very common side effect of opiates..

But IME, when you get nausea from opiates, it means you took too much.. Try lowering the dose.

Also, if you have access to Promethazine/Phenergan.. it's a god send medication to take with opiates.
It's a med that is Rx'd as an opiate adjunct.,
It'll take away the negative side effects of the opiate, such as Nausea/Vomiting, dizziness, and itching.
It'll also add to the positive effects of the opiate, such as Euphoria, pain killing properties, and you can take less of the opiate to achieve the desired effects.. because it potentiates the opiate.

Hope that helps!

You dodged a bullet that could've easily killed you. Don't drink or take benzos while on opiates.

Nausea is a very common side effect of opiates..

But IME, when you get nausea from opiates, it means you took too much.. Try lowering the dose.

Also, if you have access to Promethazine/Phenergan.. it's a god send medication to take with opiates.
It's a med that is Rx'd as an opiate adjunct.,
It'll take away the negative side effects of the opiate, such as Nausea/Vomiting, dizziness, and itching.
It'll also add to the positive effects of the opiate, such as Euphoria, pain killing properties, and you can take less of the opiate to achieve the desired effects.. because it potentiates the opiate.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice man, effects are wearing off and feel ok now. If this is the kind of thing u have to stick with to start enjoying, I think I'll give it a miss. I just wanted a day of blissful apathy but ended up panicking - so much so that I called a non emergency medical service and they said I should go to A&E - definitely not necessary. I am still interested in trying to get that blissed out feeling, will morphine sulphate and hydrocodone have similar effects with initial doses? Of course it isn't a good idea to get into this sort of thing but have always been very interested in opiates and was always going to try them. Also I can easily get promethazine but currently have some diphenhydramine (nytol), would this be as effective?

Thank you!

I think everyone has a different experience with oxy. Some people get energetic and opiated feeling at the same time, while others nod off super hard off oxy.. For me, it was like, everytime I did my first 30 IR of the day, when I was addicted to them, I got both energy and nodding sedation, it would come on in waves with the nodding part, and I would just be really fucked up feeling every 15-20 mins, especially if I plugged them, sniffed them, or took them orally whole/crushed or chewed/parachuted.. those are the ROAs that really made me feel the oxy.

My first few experiences just got better and better, I will never forget the first few times I did oxy, I do know I was almost instantly addicted after the first experience though, which had me absolutely destroyed sniffing a half an oxy IR 30, and being so faded, I was unable to even stay awake, just nodding off for hours! Then it kind of slowly became more and more subtle feeling, and so I did the rest of the 30 IR (15mg) after about 6 hours, since the first half.. then that's when I really fell in a painful, addicting love-hate relationship with this opioid! It got worse.. quick.. the only positive side was back then, these pills were either handed out to me for free like candy, or they were dirt cheap... like less than 10.. 10 was expensive back then.. this lead me into a long road of opioid/opiate and IV addiction... that progressed to heroin addiction, later on in my opiate using days.. I am on, and have been on subs now, for like 1 yr to 1 yr and a half..

I know lots of people who LOVE oxycodone, every which ROA it can be done, and that is how I was for years too, before IVing dilaudid and H, and then finding out how much stronger the rush/high I got was from that particular ROA with those drugs, I mixed oxy/dilaudid many times together in one rig, and it was something akin to opana, but better imo! I don't advise anyone go out and do it, but that's just what I liked.. and I loved opana IRs too, and the old/new generic ER opanas too, basically any of them able to be crushed and sniffed, or banged(IR only with opana) I love, and if opana came back around, I would definitely fall off again on opiates! Truly the most incredibly nice feeling I have ever felt.. 20mg of opana IR slammed! or 20mg sniffed is just as great.. shit I had a 200-500mg a day oxy IR habit, then did opana the first time thinking it would be just like oxy... wow.. big mistake, I went ahead and did a whole 20mg or half an old school OG 40 opana, before the matrix reformulations of them.. and I couldn't keep my self to stay awake, it was truly "sleeping awake" for like 5 hours that time.. maybe even longer, I did the other 20mg not too much later, and then I passed out.. wasn't too smart of me to take that much my first time.. also, I am totally rambling off on another completely different topic, I will stop here..

One more thing.. OP, you may not be an oxy person! I know plenty of people who don't like oxy, and prefer other opioids.. not everyone is built to like or be affected the same, from each drug. We all react way differently to any substance, such as oxy in this case.. I would be careful, not to keep doing it.. you may end up liking it, and get addicted.. I didn't think I would after just once or twice of using it... boy was I wrong! sneaky, atomic bomb just waiting to blow up in your face.. if you keep playing with oxy. IT will get addicting at some point, curiousity and finding a dose that works, may cause it to happen even quicker for you, if your saying 40mg of oxy doesn't really do a whole lot for you.. some people need higher doses in their first times trying it, to actually feel it right! what is the way you use them? oral? or what ROA('s) have you tried?

Throughout my time on the forums i've found people either really get affected by oxy or they do not , kinda like how some people REALLY react to gaba drugs and others don't. If you find it works for you , generally you won't be going back to hydrocdone or codeine from my experiences with people. My first 2-3 times with oxycodone i didn't really "feel it" and compared to hydrocodone at the time i didn't see how people liked oxycodone. A year later and having an oxycodone script i found that oxycodone was better than any other substance i've EVER tried. The euphoria is unmatched IMO by others (better than snorted dillys or oral morphine/codeine/hydrocodone/methadone/tramadol/dillys). Are you taking extended release oxycodone or are they IR? If they are extended release you really should parachute them.

Mixing opiates with benzos + alcohol when you aren't tolerant too them is VERY risky (even when you have tolerance you never should mix CNS depressants), the doses you took could of turned for the worst. You were chasing a dragon that you haven't even seen yet... Just find your oxycodone dose and don't try too add others to "kick them in" like some people do. Honestly 40MG should hit ANYONE with such a little tolerance. I was at 80MG a day for 3 weeks and after a 10 day break i was able too take 30MG oxycodone and get DESTROYED beyond belief. Everyones body is different though.

It could be that I'm not an oxy perosn, but I think it just hit me pretty hard in a way I didn't expect, so I guess I didn't really know how to enjoy the high if you know what I mean. Still really want to try some strong opiates, even though I know where it can lead. I just swallowed the pills.

I'm very naive when it comes to strong opiates - I've read all about them and always wanted to truly nod off and feel great, and I'm not sure what type of pills they were. I have access to oral morphine sulphate, do you think I would react similarly to the oxys? Or is it just a matter of trying things and seeing what works for you? I don't want a habit and couldn't afford it - dad was a junkie and has told me loads of horror stories about it. There's just something about opiates that really draws me to them - probably my love of William Burroughs and codeine.

It could be that I'm not an oxy perosn, but I think it just hit me pretty hard in a way I didn't expect, so I guess I didn't really know how to enjoy the high if you know what I mean. Still really want to try some strong opiates, even though I know where it can lead. I just swallowed the pills.
Honestly there are "stronger" opiates than oxycodone , but they need to be taken in a different ROA than just oral. Oxymorphone / hydromorphone are WAYYY stronger , but orally don't hold a candle too oxys IMO. Again out of everything i've tried and generally oxycodone is considered the best "oral" opiate besides fent. You could smoke H / inject , but i'd suggest against that. There really is nothing more to experience unless youre going for IV. I'll chime in a little story here for you. Before my tolerance break from opiates i was at 80-90MG oxycodone and no dose of hydrocodone would touch me. I took a 10 day break and decided to use the hydrocodone because my tolerance was low enough it would work again. I ended up taking too high of a dose chasing the oxy type of euphoria , which hydrocodone doesn't produce. I was already high enough in terms of what hydrocodone produced , but i tried to chase what i know as the oxy euphoria and ended up having very swallow breathing all night. Just enjoy what you can. There is NO reason to EVER get into H/Fent/Dillys when you can effectively use codeine , hydrocodone, oxycodone.

I'm very naive when it comes to strong opiates - I've read all about them and always wanted to truly nod off and feel great, and I'm not sure what type of pills they were. I have access to oral morphine sulphate, do you think I would react similarly to the oxys? Or is it just a matter of trying things and seeing what works for you? I don't want a habit and couldn't afford it - dad was a junkie and has told me loads of horror stories about it. There's just something about opiates that really draws me to them - probably my love of William Burroughs and codeine.
Oxycodone is derived from thebaine , codeine/hydrocodone/morphine are derived from opioid alkaloids found in the opium poppy. So you may just react better to the opium based opioids. Oral morphine is hit or miss for many people , but from the sounds of it i'd stick to codeine or try hydrocodone.

Honestly there are "stronger" opiates than oxycodone , but they need to be taken in a different ROA than just oral. Oxymorphone / hydromorphone are WAYYY stronger , but orally don't hold a candle too oxys IMO. Again out of everything i've tried and generally oxycodone is considered the best "oral" opiate besides fent. You could smoke H / inject , but i'd suggest against that. There really is nothing more to experience unless youre going for IV. I'll chime in a little story here for you. Before my tolerance break from opiates i was at 80-90MG oxycodone and no dose of hydrocodone would touch me. I took a 10 day break and decided to use the hydrocodone because my tolerance was low enough it would work again. I ended up taking too high of a dose chasing the oxy type of euphoria , which hydrocodone doesn't produce. I was already high enough in terms of what hydrocodone produced , but i tried to chase what i know as the oxy euphoria and ended up having very swallow breathing all night. Just enjoy what you can. There is NO reason to EVER get into H/Fent/Dillys when you can effectively use codeine , hydrocodone, oxycodone.

This all really helpful and in depth information, thanks guys. None of my friends are interested in opiates, this is something I am personally interested in and am seeking out and figuring things out by myself. I will try hydrocodone next, but these things are pretty hard to get in the UK. I will probably end up snorting heroin st some point. I don't think I will ever IV - I don't want that kind of habit, I just want to feel something stronger than codeine, that overwhelming bliss people talk about (I know no one really 'wants' to get a habit and trying it can lead to heavier usage, but I have a desire to do these things and will do them). Since I've started taking sertraline (which I do not like) the effects of codeine seem to have diminished dramatically, probably just my tolerance but sertraline could be doing something. Thanks for all the info fellas.

One last question - as you have said oxy can be hit and miss, and has been mentioned that you need to get used to the high to enjoy it, would the same be for heroin? Would I find a line of heroin equally uncomfortable, or does it vary from person to person?

One last question - as you have said oxy can be hit and miss, and has been mentioned that you need to get used to the high to enjoy it, would the same be for heroin? Would I find a line of heroin equally uncomfortable, or does it vary from person to person?
Heroin snorted honestly won't give you anymore of a high than oral hydrocodone/morphine with your tolerance. Oral and snorting is basically the same too me. It comes on a tad quicker and slightly harder (but wont last as long) when snorted. If what im getting out of what youre saying is true , you really want to try IV heroin/stronger opiates , but don't wanna risk using a needle. With your tolerance again hydrocodone should be sufficient and give you the buzz youre looking for. Its harder to find , but its better than using H. Most people i know are throwing up after H there first time , but when they took pharm opiates they didnt have a problem. I know people make heroin out to be the greatest , but with your tolerance stick to the pharms!

Hello everyone, new user here.

Hypothetical situation - a guy with a mild codeine habit (about 100mg almost everyday) and decent tolerance to this drug has been wanting a stronger opiate hit for some time. He managed to obtain 4 20mg Oxycodone pills. Orange with '20' written on them. He is searching for that blissful cosy high that he felt first few times he did xanax (and he absolutely loved life) and imagined without tolerance oxycodone would provide a few hours of blissful peaceful happiness. He tried one 20mg pill yesterday and felt mild sedation and very very slight mood elevation but was very disappointed. He later mixed this with a bottle of wine and 10mg valium which is supposedly deadly but he was absolutely fine. Today he took 40mg and is currently feeling a mildly nice body high and blurred vision, but there is a strange undercurrent of fear or anxiety which is disappointing as he would hope his horrible anxiety would fade away with this drug. Not a particularly peasant high. Why is he feeling so little from what I understand is a strong first/second time dose? Codeine tolerance maybe? Interaction with Sertaline (Zoloft)? The hangover from last night? Is Oxycodone not as euphoric a drug as he thought it would be? Obtained from reputable source with good reviews.

Sorry if this is a unnecessarily long and boring post - motor skills not so great right now lol.

Also, if he wanted to make this high a bit nicer would you recommend taking a 10mg valium or 2mg klonopin? He has been taking benzos almost every day for 2 weeks however, and does not want to become addicted, he is feeling extremely anxious and almost suicidal so any sort of withdrawal could be dangerous.

Thank you :)!!!

If your pills are time release, then you wont feel nearly as much from them as instant release. Also, if you have a full stomach they dont hit nearly as quickly or as much as on empty.

20mg of even IR oxycodone is not a big dose for someone who has been taking 100mg codeine a day. Sure 20mg would make an opiate naive person probably toss cookies... on the other end of the spectrum, I need 200mg+ to feel any marked change in mood. oxy also makes me run around and get shit done unlike all other opiates... not that it's speedy, it just makes me want to do things.

Rebound anxiety WILL happen when you stop using benzos, and two weeks is enough time to develop a tolerance/dependence to many of them. The anxiety tho isnt withdraw as valium and its active metabolite have long active half lives. What else is going on with you to feel almost suicidal?

Various bad things in my life amplified by worsening anxiety/depression causing these feelings. Perhaps why I am getting involved with the opiate side of things while all my friends just aren't interested. I will look for hydrocodone in the uk, don't think I've seen any yet, and in the meantime will try to buy that bottle of morphine off my friend (he is reluctant to sell to me for moral reasons - he doesn't understand why I would want such a strong painkiller when I am not in pain lol).

Heroin snorted honestly won't give you anymore of a high than oral hydrocodone/morphine with your tolerance. Oral and snorting is basically the same too me. It comes on a tad quicker and slightly harder (but wont last as long) when snorted. If what im getting out of what youre saying is true , you really want to try IV heroin/stronger opiates , but don't wanna risk using a needle. With your tolerance again hydrocodone should be sufficient and give you the buzz youre looking for. Its harder to find , but its better than using H. Most people i know are throwing up after H there first time , but when they took pharm opiates they didnt have a problem. I know people make heroin out to be the greatest , but with your tolerance stick to the pharms!

I'd say the main things that stop me from using a needle are 1. No one would show me how to do it and would have to learn my self and 2. Seems like a lot of effort, what with the spoon and the heating etc etc. Rather than fear of the needle itself. I don't think I would mind shooting anything if I knew I was doing it right.