• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Discussion of Oleamide effects, use, dosing, study.

ziggo

Bluelighter
1A: Oleamide background information: "Oleamide is a relatively new Nootropic that occurs naturally in animals and is produced in humans from Oleic Acid (from Olive oil) and ammonia. It has been seen to accumulate in the central nervous system (CNS) before sleep, producing calming and tranquilizing effects. It is naturally metabolized by an endogenous enzyme known as FAAH.

1B: Oleamide is associated with an increase in GABA signals (known to produce calming and sedating effects) as well as an increase in appetite. At higher doses it may produce depression in locomotion (associated with effects on GABA neurotransmissions) and bring on restful sleep. Sleep latency (the time from wakefulness to sleep) is reduced at all doses." [1]

2A: Oleamide Benefits/calming properties: "Studies on rats have shown that oleamide is able to exert anti-anxiety effects on animals in doses that are too low to create locomotive effects (5mg/kg bodyweight). The anti-anxiety and social calming effects of intravenous oleamide were seen to last for 30-60 minutes.

2B: Animals studies have shown the potential effects of large doses of oleamide (10mg/kg bodyweight) in treatment of depression. Animal studies showed greater results in tests designed to test for depression in mice and rats treated with intravenous oleamide. The mechanisms behind these effects are still being examined." [2]

3A: Oleamide Promotion of healthy sleep/memory: "Oleamide has been shown to be able to reduce the effects of long-term potentiation (LTP) which may be a causal agent in the development of diseases like Alzheimer’s, depression and even epilepsy." [3]

3B: Long-Term Potentiation (LTP) = http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/L/LTP.html

4A: Oleamide increase effect on appetite: "Oleamide has been observed to interact with endogenous cannaboid receptors – specifically CB1 at high concentrations. This may give oleamide possible psychoactive effects at high doses, and may also be an explanation for the increased appetite observed a few hours after dosing. Lastly, oleamide has shown anti-neuroinflammatory effects which may protect the brain and may also be associated with its proposed ability to bind to multiple neurotransmitter systems, including cannaboid receptors." [4]

References

[1] “Oleamide” examine.com, retrieved 23-12-2014
[2] “Behavioral evidence for the interaction of oleamide with multiple neurotransmitter systems” Fedorova I, Hashimoto A, Fecik RA, Hedrick MP, Hanus LO, Boger DL, Rice KC, Basile AS, J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001 Oct;299(1):332-42
[3] “Plasticity in the human central nervous system” S. F. Cooke, T. V. P. Bliss, Brain: A Journal of Neurology, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/brain/awl082 1659-1673 First published online: 3 May 2006
[4] “Behavioral evidence for the interaction of oleamide with multiple neurotransmitter systems” Fedorova I, Hashimoto A, Fecik RA, Hedrick MP, Hanus LO, Boger DL, Rice KC, Basile AS, J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001 Oct;299(1):332-42

I've searched on here, and I've done some looking around and research on the internet and haven't found a SINGLE REPORT yet of any humans injecting oleamide. The studies all say it works when IV'd into rats. All the posts and topics I've seen are just humans saying they don't feel it at all orally, or they feel something from orally taking it, but not much, etc. So, has anyone done it before? Shall I do so for science & research? Be serious guys, don't just IV this stuff because I want to know if it will work or not, help me find some info on someone that already knows, perhaps.

in order to inject Oleamide you have to mix it partly with either olive oil or coconut oil.

Oleamide doesn't do hardly anything to me orally, whereas injection of 50-100mg produces profound anti-anxiety and painkilling effects for 30mins-1hour.

1. I guess you'd get more replys over at Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
2. I would never ever inject oil like coconut or olive oil. That sounds like the fast lane to a nasty infection